Outage Feb 25 (Wed) 2015: You May Have Lost Posts, Files

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

For those of you who are not aware, we had a whole-domain outage yesterday. I do not know what time it started, but it lasted at least an hour.

One of the negative consequences of the outage and restoration is that the backup server we went to wasn't synchronized like it should have been. So we lost forum posts, changes to the database (uploaded files, Magic Window changes, etc.) - basically, everything that changed between about 4:00 pm Eastern Time (9:00 pm GMT) and the restoration at around 9:00 pm Eastern (2:00 am GMT).

BCs - please check your projects. If you recall making any changes to them during the above time period, you'll need to redo them.

Readers - if you uploaded anything during the above time period, you'll need to re-upload and re-post.

The sysadmin is taking steps to ensure this will not happen again.

Thanks for your understanding, and happy LibriVoxing!
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

I've noticed that the forum is a little slow right now. It's normally very quick. Could this be related?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

No, that wouldn't be related. :)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
wib66

Post by wib66 »

I actually thought I was going mad till I saw this. I couldn't figure out where all my posts had gone. :thumbs:
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi