How to track threads I've contributed to?

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
JAlanBrown

Post by JAlanBrown »

Hello,

The more posts I make, the harder it is to find if any replies have been posted to those threads. On other forums I have the options to click a link to Subscribe to a thread, but also I have a global setting to Automatically Subscribe to any thread in which I've either begun or posted a reply.

Is there an equivalent here on the LibriVox forums?

Also, is there place where I can see if any threads that I've already subscribed to have new posts? I don't find that feature in the "User Control Panel" link, unless I'm just missing something obvious.

Thank you.
Cori

Post by Cori »

I don't know about an auto-subscribe. But the 'View Your Posts' link on the far right is pretty useful. Anything with an orange icon has new, unread posts.
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

Under User Control Panel
->Board Preferences
->Edit posting defaults
->Notify me upon replies by default

If 'Yes' is chosen (and I thought it was the default but I could be wrong) you will be notified by email when new posts are made to any posts that you have started, or responded to, or subscribed to by clicking the 'Subscribe topic' link at the top left corner of the first post.

I disabled that because I respond to so many posts my email inbox was constantly full. What I do instead is bookmark any topic I'm interested in by clicking the 'Bookmark topic' link in the top left corner of the first post. Then when I log in I go immediately to my User Control Panel -> Manage bookmarks, and there all the new responses are at the top of the list with an orange icon. If you click the orange icon you are taken to the first unread post of the topic.
JAlanBrown wrote:Also, is there place where I can see if any threads that I've already subscribed to have new posts? I don't find that feature in the "User Control Panel" link, unless I'm just missing something obvious.
That is under User Control Panel -> Manage subscriptions. The same as bookmarks, new replies will show the orange icon.

Keep in mind that you do need to be logged in while reading for these lists to be updated.
Bev

There's nothing you can't prove if your outlook is only sufficiently limited. - Lord Peter Wimsey
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam - Popeye, the sailor man
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice - Neil Peart
JAlanBrown

Post by JAlanBrown »

Thank you, Darvinia. That's very helpful.