Librivox Paraphranalia

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
msfry

Post by msfry »

I was cruising through some old threads and came across a link where we can order Librivox T-shirts, mugs, tote bags, etc. The link is still active, so I presume we can still order stuff. If so, what's the best way to let members know about it, especially with Christmas coming? I'd love to have a Librivox mug on my desk, and the T-shirt would be a conversation starter whenever I go out and about. It appears to be available in numerous colors and sizes.

http://www.zazzle.com/greenkri

Could such purchases help fundraise for LV? All the more reason to order.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

This is a VERY old site, which has been set up by a (once?) member of Librivox. I don't know if s/he is still doing this - just that stuff is on the web doesn't mean anything - and I would not count on any money going there making its way toward LV.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

It does have 2014 dates on it (check out the special offer) , so the site is still running. but the rest is before my time. I think she was an admin and pretty active until baby/babies got in the way :D

Anne
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

There are two things:

- the site, which is a commercial "sell your stuff on here", is still active and running. This particular page for LV related merchandise is only one of thousands.
- the creator of the LV content Michele is linking to above. I'm not sure whether she is still actively involved with the "store"; although she will certainly get the money for all the product sales.

This particular "store" on zazzle is very old, I have seen it years ago with the exact same stuff for sale. As I said, I don't know whether any of your money will be donated to LV; in any case this page dates back from before our "donate" button, so the seller might not even be aware of such a thing.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

OK - you aare being smart today - I'll go away ........................

Anne
msfry

Post by msfry »

The "site" is a mail order house similar to Café Press. The page containing the LV material is one of thousands on the site, and the 2014 copyright indicates it's still active. If you read up on the thread Librivox T-shirts,

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1869

it tells the whole history and discussion. Someone should contact them to see what can be done with the proceeds now that we have the ability to process donations, which we didn't back in 2006 when this was set up. I'd be glad to do this.

I'm going to order something, too, and see if the page works. I'll let you know.
kayray

Post by kayray »

I still wear the tank top I ordered from Kri's Cafe Press site :)

(If I remember correctly, Kri kept the very small profit when she sold anything from that site, which was fine with us!)
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

There's also a cafepress shop advertised in Arnieh's signature: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=61877
msfry

Post by msfry »

Rapunzelina wrote:There's also a cafepress shop advertised in Arnieh's signature: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=61877
How cool is that, and 20% goes to LV. That tips the scale in favor of ordering from this site, though I like both designs equally well.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Rapunzelina wrote:There's also a cafepress shop advertised in Arnieh's signature: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=61877
i was racking my brain trying to remember on whose signature i had been seeing this link, thanks rapunzelina :D
Carolin