a little question/suggestion

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Trotsa

Post by Trotsa »

Hey, I'm just wondering, I was looking at the list of members, and I was curious why someone doesn't delete some of the people off who signed up years ago and only posted like once or twice? Its not like it bothers me really bad, but I thought it would make for a lot more accurate list of recorders if the ones from say two years ago and more would be taken off. Thanks for letting me say what I think, if there is a good reason for leaving them on, I would be interested in hearing it! :D
Trotsa

[/size]I am an imperfect person loved by a PERFECT God.
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Not all people who have registered on the forum make recordings - 43,000+ people have registered, but only about 6000 have ever recorded anything. But all are welcome to contribute to LibriVox in countless ways: post thank you notes, make suggestions of books to read, proof-listen, report errors, make covers etc.

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

Perhaps we need a mechanism to give statistics about people who have recorded anything, or edited, or coordinated. We have some individual data, but no pages that would list all that did and how much and when... :wink:
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Perhaps we need a mechanism to give statistics about people who have recorded anything, or edited, or coordinated. We have some individual data, but no pages that would list all that did and how much and when... :wink:
UGH! I cannot imagine the bear that would be.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Trotsa

Post by Trotsa »

It does sound like a pain to keep track of. I had mostly thought of removing the ones that never posted or only posted one or two posts, but maybe you can do things here and never post much, I hadn't thought of that! Thanks for telling me, like I said, I was just curious why so many are on that had so few posts. :D
Trotsa

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I think there are people that sign up to the forum to report an error, or to suggest a book, or whatever, and may not post again, ever. Or someone might have goofed on their forum signup and created an account they have never used. Right now it doesn't cause much hardship for the forum software, so we haven't worried about it.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

And you never know, someone who signed up 5 or 6 years ago, but never did anything, may suddenly think of us and start contributing. Weirder things have happened. :)
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

icequeen wrote:And you never know, someone who signed up 5 or 6 years ago, but never did anything, may suddenly think of us and start contributing. Weirder things have happened. :)
I know that it took me a couple of years to find the courage to record for Librivox! :roll:

ETA: I just noticied that it was actually months. Felt like years though 8-)
Trotsa

Post by Trotsa »

ashleighjane wrote:
I know that it took me a couple of years to find the courage to record for Librivox! :roll:

ETA: I just noticied that it was actually months. Felt like years though 8-)
Glad you managed to get into it! :D I hadn't realized this stuff, thanks everybody for being so helpful!
Trotsa

Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

icequeen wrote:And you never know, someone who signed up 5 or 6 years ago, but never did anything, may suddenly think of us and start contributing. Weirder things have happened. :)
And here is one!
viewtopic.php?p=1000437#p1000437
Bev

There's nothing you can't prove if your outlook is only sufficiently limited. - Lord Peter Wimsey
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam - Popeye, the sailor man
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice - Neil Peart