The LibriVox UK Chapter! Meeting to record.....

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
russiandoll

Post by russiandoll » January 29th, 2008, 4:23 am

Hey all,
I'm in London and was so excited at just finding this thread... but I can't do this Sun, 3rd Feb. Curses. Would definitely like to join you next time, though.
Best wishes
rd
English is the lingua franca par excellence

Peter Why

Post by Peter Why » January 29th, 2008, 10:35 am

Hello, rd,

We meet about every two months, though if we start getting more than enough for one meeting, perhaps we could make it more often and come to alternate sessions ... whatever, at the moment, the next will probably be early April, and probably in north-east London.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger

Rowen

Post by Rowen » February 2nd, 2008, 5:14 am

I don't know if this affects anyone other than me (Not sure how other people are getting there) but, just checking trains for tomorrow, National Rail Enquiries is telling me that it will take an hour to get from London Bridge to New Cross Gate (Going via East Croyden) :? .

But London Bridge to New Cross seems to be fine, so I would suggest going that route. :)
[size=92][url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=684]My LV Projects[/url] | Like Arthurian legend? Why not try [u][url=http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15518]Le Mort d'Arthur Vol 2[/url][/u]?[/size]

earthcalling

Post by earthcalling » February 2nd, 2008, 5:22 am

Well spotted, Lizzie! Looks like there are engineering works tomorrow on the New Cross Gate line, but New Cross is fine.

AGSec

Post by AGSec » February 2nd, 2008, 9:46 am

I spotted that too last night, but thought I must have keyed the wrong information into the rail enquiries screen! S*d's law that New Cross Gate is the nearer station! :x

See you tomorrow.

Graham

Cori
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Cori » February 2nd, 2008, 10:21 am

Is that just for the morning trains..? The afternoon/evening trains home, from NXG to London Bridge seem okay -- or am I missing something..?
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!

russiandoll

Post by russiandoll » April 6th, 2008, 4:20 am

What ho, Britishers!
Is there another meeting in the offing yet? No pressure, of course... :D
I'm not in a position to host one myself, unfortunately - but any Sunday, really, is good for me.
rd

earthcalling

Post by earthcalling » April 24th, 2008, 10:59 pm

Hi RD and all....

There's no date set as yet, but we're overdue to meet (which is kinda my fault, as I dangled a carrot last time that I've not yet... err... stopped dangling). Let's fix something soon.

David

Sibella

Post by Sibella » April 25th, 2008, 5:28 am

Hello everyone! I'll be in London from 20 June to 25 July. I'm going to be teaching in our study abroad program and living at University College, London. I understand this is quite near Regents Park and the British Museum.

I'm hoping to be able to meet lots of you. Most Sundays I will have free, I expect. :)
[size=100][b]It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle

[/b][/size]

earthcalling

Post by earthcalling » April 25th, 2008, 6:51 am

Great stuff! :D

The Sundays 6th, 13th and 20th July are free for me so far (and Saturdays mostly free).

How's everyone else fixed? Should we book a date?

David

russiandoll

Post by russiandoll » April 25th, 2008, 7:12 am

That's great, Sibella. Yes, there are bits of UCL all over the place, but the main buildings are in Bloomsbury, very close to the British Museum. Hope you won't be too busy teaching to make the most of your visit!
As for dates within that period, I'm away from June 28-July 12, I think, :( so 6th is out for me, 13th might be a bit dodgy, but the weekend 19-20th should be ok.

puffin1

Post by puffin1 » April 27th, 2008, 7:01 pm

"... what shall we do with the drunk pro-fess-orr, what shall we do with the drunk pro-fess-orr ... err-lye in the morn-ing!" :wink:
[size=84][color=#483d8b][b]Is it weird in here, or is it just me? [/b][/color][/size]- [size=75][i]Steven Wright[/size][/i]

ductapeguy

Post by ductapeguy » April 27th, 2008, 7:16 pm

puffin1 wrote:"... what shall we do with the drunk pro-fess-orr, what shall we do with the drunk pro-fess-orr ... err-lye in the morn-ing!" :wink:
Give 'er an old book and recording software.
Give 'er an old book and recording software.
Give 'er an old book and recording softwaaaaRE!!!
err-lye in the morn-ing
[size=84] Sean McGaughey
Librivox: [url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=231]Catalog[/url] | [url=http://ductapeguy.net]ductapeguy.net-- My music and podcasts[/url][/size]

puffin1

Post by puffin1 » April 27th, 2008, 7:22 pm

:D
[size=84][color=#483d8b][b]Is it weird in here, or is it just me? [/b][/color][/size]- [size=75][i]Steven Wright[/size][/i]

puffin1

Post by puffin1 » April 28th, 2008, 11:30 pm

Put 'er in the tunnel at the Greenwich dockyards
Put 'er in the tunnel at the Greenwich dockyards
Put 'er in the tunnel at the Greenwich dockyaaaaarrrrds
Err-lye in the morning!

Just a hint!