*FORUM BACK UP, SOME ISSUES* Read about new website here

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Cori

Post by Cori »

If it's this, viewtopic.php?f=22&t=48535 then no, you're not the only one. It's on the Fix list ... in the meantime my (admittedly very unhelpful) suggestion is a different browser if possible, or the archive.org search if not.
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
JCarson

Post by JCarson »

So it's an Internet Explorer issue that is being worked on/resolved, I can go to Archive.org in the meantime, and hooray, I am out of the dark?

Thanks,

JCarson
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

That is right, James. You can access all LibriVox recordings at http://archive.org/details/librivoxaudio

You can search on that page for:
[book title] AND librivox
[author] AND librivox
[reader] AND librivox

Or you can click on the more next to Most Downloaded Items at the right, and the projects will be listed in order of download popularity.

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
saroja

Post by saroja »

RuthieG wrote:I think there is a problem with the Uploader, but no confirmation of this from anyone else at present. It's probably best to delay uploading until this is clarified.

Ruth
Yes. Even I faced it when I was trying to upload m one minute sample. Has the username and the password changed?
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Well, it changed last month. The correct upload URL, user name and password is on the One-Minute Test page in the Wiki. For convenience, here it is again:
Upload your test file using the LibriVox Uploader: http://librivox.org/login/uploader
  1. Do not use your forum login for the Uploader.
  2. The username and password are:

(If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin on the forum.)
Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
RScia

Post by RScia »

May I suggest 4 enhancements to the new website

1. Add the ability to refine a search based on the current search result.
2. Include the ability to sort the search result under all the browsing methods.
3. Add to the possible "Order by" options: Author's Last Name, Genre, Language, Download Size and Running Time
4. Add a Reverse Order checkbox.

Thanks
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Vandermast wrote:M You couldn't even record the collected wisdom of David Cameron in 100 bytes! :lol:
But I am sure that you could do so with the wisdom of David Beckham!

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by TriciaG »

Un-Globalized this thread, since the new website is up and most of the bugs are ironed out.

If you are getting errors in the uploader, please post them HERE.

If you have Magic Window viewing problems or other technical issues with the website, check to see if your issue is addressed HERE. If not, post your issue in the Need Help? Got Advice? forum.

If you have suggestions for future website development, please email librivox.feedback AT gmail.com so your bugs and feedback can be passed on to the right people and not get lost in the amongst other posts in the forum.

Thanks!
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart