"Full" in "Readers wanted"?

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

:? I'm new here. So, I'm just wondering... Mostly.

How soon should the project move to "Readers Found" (from "Readers Wanted") when it becomes "full"? And if it's not that important, why do we have the distinction ("Wanted" vs "Found")? And if "Readers Found" is too crowded to accommodate everybody (because they like staying in their respective "Short" or "Books" or "Dramatic" areas), perhaps we should split the "Found" similarly?

If this has already been discussed, please point me to the topic if you know it. Thanks! :)
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

It's moved by people so - the world isn't perfect sadly
So - there should be no full projects in readers wanted - the BC should post and the MC move it.

But as I said - the world isn't perfect :D , Did you have a particular one in mind ?

Anne
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

IMHO:

We have more books than anything else, so Readers Found is for books. Dramatic Works and short stuff would get lost in there, and there are such fewer projects in those folders that the FULL projects do not overwhelm or cover up the WANTED projects.

If we split off Short Works and DW's with their own folders, the folder list would grow that much more, and there would be very few projects in them at one time - a waste of clicks, IMHO.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

For fun:

In Short Works, 2 of the 31 projects are full.
In Dramatic Works, 21 of the 48 projects are full.

Currently in Books: 110 projects needing readers
Readers Found: has 49 projects
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

tovarisch wrote::? I'm new here. So, I'm just wondering... Mostly.

How soon should the project move to "Readers Found" (from "Readers Wanted") when it becomes "full"? And if it's not that important, why do we have the distinction ("Wanted" vs "Found")? And if "Readers Found" is too crowded to accommodate everybody (because they like staying in their respective "Short" or "Books" or "Dramatic" areas), perhaps we should split the "Found" similarly?

If this has already been discussed, please point me to the topic if you know it. Thanks! :)
Hi tovarisch. It is the responsibility of the BC to notify the MC that the project should be moved to REaders Found. Sadly, since I am the BC and the MC for most of my projects, I have been very remiss in notifying myself to move the project; yeah, I just forget in the excitement of LV. I'm sure it is frustrating for people to be looking for something to record, see an interesting project only to find there are no sections available. I've moved at least 4 of mine in the past week when people gently nudged me to do so. It think the distinction "wanted" and "found" is very useful because it allows prospective readers to skip those projects that are full; simple as that. Readers Found is never too crowded; why would any one even browse that forum? Anyway, I promise to do better housekeeping in the future Image
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

Thanks to all!
annise wrote:It's moved by people so - the world isn't perfect sadly [..] Did you have a particular one in mind ?
No, I don't have any particular one in mind.

I wonder if anything can be automated in this regard... Like, if MW now doesn't contain any "available" entries, a message is sent to the MC suggesting to move the thread to "Readers Found", but only once, so it doesn't become an irritation...
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

At the moment all our software is "frozen" so no not at the moment.

Anne
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

And I'm not even sure that's possible, since the forum software and the MW software are two totally different animals.
carolb

Post by carolb »

Does it really matter, anyway?

This is a friendly place. BCs and MCs are busy, dedicated people, who, like Phil, would not mind a gentle nudge...
if it bothers you so much. :wink:

Carol
ekzemplaro

Post by ekzemplaro »

Hello,

This discussion remunds me my first LibriVox recording.
I posted my first recording to a project at the reader's wanted forum.
But the project was full.
My recording was accepted as an exception.
I was happy. But I know I delayed the completion of the project.

Today I got a recording to my full project. I just refused to accept it, as I don't want to delay
the cataloging.

Cheers,
Masa
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

I move mine without being nudged. :D

Masa's projects are different because they are collections that don't have sections assigned in advance. Each submission is chosen by individual readers, and the collections stay in the Short Works forum until they are cataloged (which happens shortly after they are filled most of the time). There is also (usually) a subsequent collection that opens about the same time the previous one fills, so there is somewhere to send "extra" recordings. The Readers Wanted: Books forum works differently and yes, books there are normally sent to Readers Found when all chapters have been claimed.
Laurie Anne