Lyrics included with audiobooks

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Yakumo

Post by Yakumo »

In Itunes, if you go to track info by right clicking on an mp3 and then moving to the lyrics tab, lyrics can be included with the current file.

I am fairly sure one can access lyrics while using their ipods as well.

Would it not be cool to include the text of the chapter being listened to with the librivox audio files?

People watch movies on their ipods, so why not listen and read?
kri

Post by kri »

This is something that I think individuals should do if they so choose, but I don't think this is something that we should implement. It would require MCs, BCs, or readers to use iTunes in order to add the lyrics. It would also add another thing to check.
Yakumo

Post by Yakumo »

that's what I thought too.

of course this would be optional.

More or less, I Just think it would be a ool thing to include.

I May start doing it myself.
kayray

Post by kayray »

I add Album Art to all my LibriVox audiobooks now. After I download them and add them to iTunes, I do a Google Image Search and find the best book jacket, copy the image, select the whole album, hit "get info," and paste the artwork into the album art field. Then when I scroll through my audiobooks, it's almost like looking at a bookshelf!

Not something LibriVox can do officially for every book, but a nice tip to add if we make a "neat things to do with iTunes" page someday ;-)
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
kri

Post by kri »

Yakumo, if you felt motivated you could create a page in the wiki mentioning some of the things you can do with your files in iTunes :)
Yakumo

Post by Yakumo »

that is a good idea, but it apears that I have been away from the wiki for so long, that I have forgoten my acount information.

Where on earth is the "Mail me my acount information button?