Endspurt 2012

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

15 more days to the new year. Is there anything you want to complete on Librivox before that so you can lean back and set fresh resolutions for next year? :wink:

What I'd like to do:
1) Right now, my "completed sections" count is on 585. It must be doable to complete the 600 still this year, right?

2) I also have a solo and a BC project going that are all but finished (waiting for PL or edits). Would be great to get them in the catalog this year also.

3) It would be nice to finish our strange "Krippenspiel" before Christmas, but I do detect a certain lack of interested male readers for this one... :(

4) I'd better not start talking about Circe... :roll:

What about you? Anthing to finish?
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
neckertb

Post by neckertb »

Ha, I just passed 800 sections without noticing, but I doubt I'll make it to 900 before the end of 2012...

I have finished my 2 2012 solos, so I'm happy. I would like to finish all the Mysteries of Paris in 2013 if possible (only 2.75 volumes left :lol:).

Other than that... Maybe getting some readers for the pharaoh and the priest (I should probably change the target date on that one :roll:).

I don't think Dangerous Connections will be ready, either.

Hmm, now I'm feeling all down :(
Nadine

Les enfants du capitaine Grant

Live in a death + 70 country? Have a look at Legamus
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

I am intending to finish everything that I ought to have finished already. And I know I won't. :cry:

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
catrose

Post by catrose »

I'm getting all of Juliet recorded before the end of the year. I've already tried to do it countless times, but I always seem to buckle under pressure (I mean, everyone will be comparing this to Ms Klett's Juliet. That's kind of nervewracking). Anyway, I'm getting a proper pop filter for Christmas, so I guess I'll try again then...

After that, I have nothing else to do. Phantom won't be done 'til Spring and all of my group project will be later. I'd better start claiming thing. Or get back to my precious Google Docs (I have a pretty major project launching this Summer, I think. More details to come when I'm closer to completing the "script" or else I'll jinx it)
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

i want to finally finish recording my solo salammbo by gustave flaubert. i wont be able to have the book ready to catalog by the end of 2012 since i have exams in the first two weeks of january, but i can probably finish editing by the end of january :D
Carolin
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

I'm very sorry, it seems I made everybody feel bad about one project or the other... Not my intentions really... :oops:

On related news, that one solo of mine has now been PLed, I only need to make two small fixes still, and then it's off! Maybe not before Christmas, but certainly this year.

And, Nadine, I know you won't finish Dangerous Connections soon, but maybe edit a few more of my letters? That's just in case you'd want to help with my sections count. :mrgreen:
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
neckertb

Post by neckertb »

Sorry, I've edited all the letters I could, and waiting for the next ones, my dear Marquise :)
Nadine

Les enfants du capitaine Grant

Live in a death + 70 country? Have a look at Legamus
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

On this state of affairs, la Marquise is - naturellement - completely innocent... :P
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

As seems to always happen, I got a contract for paid work right after posting a new solo (not that I'm complaining) so my resolution is to get that finished as soon as possible so I can get back to LV. :)
Ernst Pattynama

Post by Ernst Pattynama »

Dear Availle:
There's is no lack of interest from me for the Krippenspiel. I have tried to do 'my' part but oh my it's difficult (sic) to do something acceptable. I am still brooding over it. But then again...
what the heck!! I shall send in my contribution a.s.a.p.
Good luck!
Ernst
We are never so ridiculous for the qualities we have as for those we pretend to.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Ernst, please don't worry about it! This one is supposed to be fun and completely crazy and... I'm sure it will sound splendid!
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
Hokuspokus

Post by Hokuspokus »

See what you did with your post, Availle!
Now I really would like to finish Die Frau mit den Karfunkelsteinen this year. I record one section after the other and no cookies baked and no parcels packed yet.
Maybe you want to claim one of the few remaining sections as punishment for your deed ;-)
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

I record one section after the other and no cookies baked and no parcels packed yet.
Er...um... :oops: Cookies? Parcels? Far too busy trying to finish my Dickens Christmas book.

[looks at date]

Oh! :shock:
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Hokuspokus wrote:See what you did with your post, Availle!
Now I really would like to finish Die Frau mit den Karfunkelsteinen this year. I record one section after the other and no cookies baked and no parcels packed yet.
Maybe you want to claim one of the few remaining sections as punishment for your deed ;-)
:roll: I hate it when people do that...

I'll take chapter 6.
But that's the only one and I only do it because... I still need more chapters to get to the 600 this year. :P
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
Hokuspokus

Post by Hokuspokus »

Oh no! It was only a joke! :oops:
And you probably wouldn't like the book anyway. Get yourself something you really want to read. I bet there's plenty.

Was habe ich da schon wieder angerichtet? :oops: