IMPORTANT: LibriVox Planned Shutdown While We Move Servers

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I still do not seem to be getting email notifications. Could this be a DNS migration (it has to catch up) issue?
School fiction: David Blaize
Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

I found the Uploader failed to open a couple of times, and then was very slow. Thinking that it was loads of people uploading files, I took a look at the log, but Tricia was the last person to upload a file an hour and a half before me... :hmm:

2012-11-30 12:35:58: '/librivox/www-old/upload.librivox.org/uploads/tg/hallinthegrove_39_pansy.mp3' 206.248.185.218
2012-11-30 14:14:19: '/librivox/www-old/upload.librivox.org/uploads/rg/cleekofscotlandyard_27_hanshew.mp3' 80.177.119.65

Anyone else trying and failing to upload?

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
bart
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by bart »

I'm trying to catalog a project, but the validator is extremely slow. I regularly get the errormessage "The uploader is currently down for maintenance. It should be back up later tonight. Please view the forum for more info. Updates will be posted to this forum topic.". Note that I am trying to access the validator!
I get the same errorr page when I want to see the home page.

With a lot of patience I made the catalog page, but that page did not show itself yet. Now I'm trying to get a cover in the wiki, but I cannot get that page either.
I give up for now.

Bart
Alle Nederlandstalige projecten op de Librivox Boekenplank
FabulaeAudi

Post by FabulaeAudi »

RuthieG wrote: Anyone else trying and failing to upload?

Ruth
A few minutes ago I was able to upload successfully after I refreshed the uploader a time or two.

Just now I kept getting an error message when trying go to any other LV page, even to post this comment, that said something about "too many connections. Contact an admin if this problem persists." I only panicked a little because I couldn't even click into my message inbox to contact an admin. :D

A big thank you to all the wonderful admins for all the work they're doing!
:clap:
sonnethaiku

Post by sonnethaiku »

FabulaeAudi wrote: Just now I kept getting an error message when trying go to any other LV page, even to post this comment, that said something about "too many connections. Contact an admin if this problem persists." I only panicked a little because I couldn't even click into my message inbox to contact an admin. :D

A big thank you to all the wonderful admins for all the work they're doing!
:clap:

I had just now the same problem, so I recorded another section and came back to check! 8-)

Yes, thank you and thank you to every blessed one involved in making this work.
~ Chessie Joy
notartom

Post by notartom »

Going to pop in here again to say that I've been adjusting Apache and MySQL settings to keep up with demand, hence the error messages you've been seeing. The server is handling it just fine for now - 33 requests per second!
sonnethaiku

Post by sonnethaiku »

Great googly moogly, that sounds like a lot of requests! Thank you, notartom. :-)
~ Chessie Joy
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Praise for Artom from someone outside LibriVox:
Hey - we have access to the catalog already, only two days after you started the move to a new server. I understand what that entails and what can go wrong during the move.

FWIW (coming from an obsolescent hacker), I think you've done a phenomenal job - especially considering that the move included database software as well as website content. Nice work!!!
Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
notartom

Post by notartom »

sonnethaiku wrote:Great googly moogly, that sounds like a lot of requests! Thank you, notartom. :-)
Yeah, you guys are essentially pigs ;)
RuthieG wrote:Praise for Artom from someone outside LibriVox:
Hey - we have access to the catalog already, only two days after you started the move to a new server. I understand what that entails and what can go wrong during the move.

FWIW (coming from an obsolescent hacker), I think you've done a phenomenal job - especially considering that the move included database software as well as website content. Nice work!!!
Ruth
And now I'm all warm and fuzzy inside.
FabulaeAudi

Post by FabulaeAudi »

notartom wrote:Going to pop in here again to say that I've been adjusting Apache and MySQL settings to keep up with demand, hence the error messages you've been seeing. The server is handling it just fine for now - 33 requests per second!
sonnethaiku wrote:Great googly moogly, that sounds like a lot of requests! Thank you, notartom. :-)
notartom wrote: Yeah, you guys are essentially pigs ;)
I wondered how many others were suffering from with drawls the past 36 hours :shock:
Thanks, Artom!
notartom

Post by notartom »

I've figured out the database issues - should be smooth sailing from now on :)
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

:thumbs:
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Like the button at the bottom of the forum page asking me to log in. Is that new - or has it been there for years and I just never noticed?

Thanks for all who worked so hard to make the moove go smooth!

MaryAnn
sonnethaiku

Post by sonnethaiku »

MaryAnn, I know it was there when I enlisted earlier this month. How long before that time, who can say? (Well, I'm sure someone can, but it's not me.)
~ Chessie Joy
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:Like the button at the bottom of the forum page asking me to log in. Is that new - or has it been there for years and I just never noticed?

Thanks for all who worked so hard to make the moove go smooth!

MaryAnn
It's been there as long as I've been around. :)
Karen S.