Automatic Post Production offer

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
auphonic

Post by auphonic »

That's a great idea!
Can you remind us about that again in a few days? ATM we are too busy to support the change to the freemium model ... ;)

LG
Georg
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I'm wondering if this can be applied: It's 2 free hours per month, which are valid for 2 or 3 months. So if I use 1 hour the first month, the next I can have the remaining 1 plus the 2 new ones. But (in case of 2 month validity) if I don't use any of the hours the second month, the third month I'll have the 2 months of the second month plus the 2 new ones (without the remaining 1 hour from the first month). So at any time I could have a maximum of 4 usable free hours if I haven't used them. Or in the case of 3 month validity, I could have a maximum of 6 usable free hours.
I think that would be practical in cases of dramatic works editing which might come in bunches.
Norman

Post by Norman »

The "gift" voucher system sounds like a good idea.

I bought the desktop app and it is wonderful for my needs for a leveler and final noise reduction. I highly recommend it for its functionality and the ability to just drag files into it for processing. No log in, or fiddling with this or that. (I don't worry about ID3 tags, i usually just fix that on the final step when required.

Until something got worked out, for something like a dramatic work, it should be possible for me to download files, process them on the desktop application and then upload. This would take a day minimum or maybe a weekend, so working something out with Georg is preferable for the long run.

One other suggestion is that he gift or discount the desktop app to selected admins that have a need, with the understanding that it's use is limited to Librivox.

P.S. PM me if you have an immediate need beyond the 2 hour limit.

Norm
Norman