LibriVox App

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Moromis

Post by Moromis »

Has a mobile LibriVox app ever been suggested?

I think it would be a great idea, and I would certainly use it. :D
Good on ya!

"If no one writes a book about you, you're doing it wrong."
(Doing what wrong?)
"Life."
catrose

Post by catrose »

You can access the forums on your smartphone (I am right now) through the browser/internet. And there is an android app for listening to LV recordings

Cat :D
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
Moromis

Post by Moromis »

catrose wrote:You can access the forums on your smartphone (I am right now) through the browser/internet. And there is an android app for listening to LV recordings

Oooh. Hm. I wonder how easy it would be to transmorgify an Android app into an Iphone app.
Good on ya!

(Doing what wrong?)
"Life."
catrose

Post by catrose »

A guy called tbook designed the app. I'm not sure, but why don't you PM him? I'm sure he'll know...
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
Cori

Post by Cori »

*grins* It's quite hard. Different code base, and a very different app submission procedure, including the paying of actual cash-money to Apple to become an approved app developer. Not to mention the whole business of app store approval. Android FTW, frankly!

We blogged about this at the end of last year, not sure how things have changed since, but check out the recent comments for a top tip:

http://librivox.org/2011/11/09/iphone-apps-for-librivox/
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
catrose

Post by catrose »

Shows how much I know about Apple... :oops:

Cat
charlotteduckett.com

Moromis

Post by Moromis »

Cori wrote:*grins* It's quite hard. Different code base, and a very different app submission procedure, including the paying of actual cash-money to Apple to become an approved app developer. Not to mention the whole business of app store approval. Android FTW, frankly!

We blogged about this at the end of last year, not sure how things have changed since, but check out the recent comments for a top tip:

http://librivox.org/2011/11/09/iphone-apps-for-librivox/

Ah! I do have several audiobook apps, and I did suspect that they were utilizing LibriVox, good list though.
Good on ya!

(Doing what wrong?)
"Life."
Cori

Post by Cori »

If you have any to add, or feedback, please do! We probably ought to do that sort of thing at least annually...
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
tbook

Post by tbook »

I've actually thought about doing an iOS (Apple) version of the Android app, but I've held off for all the reasons Cori mentioned. If I get the Android version into a "final" state, and find myself with some available time, I might try.
Working on iOS and Android apps for LibriVox. You can see the comments from the apps on our web site: LibriVox Audio Books
Libertyness

Post by Libertyness »

Oooh, just wanted to say, I LOVE the Android LibriVox app. So thanks a million! So glad someone has the time and skill to volunteer making great content for the public. :D
Liberty
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Silly question time :D
I've had a few queries on the info@ line asking how can they shift the LibriVox app to their computer (I haven't asked what app they are using) but yours looks good on my PC (my mobile only makes phone calls)
So is it possible to have a similar thing on a PC ?

Anne
catrose

Post by catrose »

Umm... not certain, but here is the website that works on your computer: http://librivox.bookdesign.biz/
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

tbook

Post by tbook »

Sorry for the slow response! I think I had notifications turned off. The website that catrose mentioned would be the best way to access the app on a computer. It doesn't have all of the functionality of the app, but it does use the same database, so everything is there. (If anyone is interested, the results are sorted based on their popularity in the app, so you can see what people are listening to there.) Hope that helps!
Working on iOS and Android apps for LibriVox. You can see the comments from the apps on our web site: LibriVox Audio Books