Another "laptops suck" story

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona »

Alright, y'all.

My laptop is somehow broken. It will not turn on, recharge its batteries, or acknowledge that it is plugged in. I'm using the computer at the library right now, but I'm limited to one hour a day -- and that is to check my email, type papers, etc. I also can't access files from floppy disks, since my library is virus-paranoid. All of which is to say that I will not be around much until my computer is fixed. It will hopefully be within a week, but until then I'm going to have to fail to fulfill all my commitments. (I already fouled up my first ever LibriVox podcasting due date, and I am truly, truly feeling like **** about it.)

In any case, I am hoping to be back in the recording groove soon... How I will live without audiobook production I cannot say. :(
In my experience, nothing ruins a party like someone suddenly speaking Latin in reverse.
-- Jeffrey Rowland
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Poor you! Hope you're able to rejoin us soon.

-Catharine
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

How utterly disgusting. I'm so sorry. Fingers crossed for a speedy repair, and don't worry about things here! :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

Hey Kirsten,

condolences!!!!!!!!!

This explains why my PM to you hasn't been responded to perhaps, dunno?

I'm trying to coordinate the signup for Friday 24th NaNoWriMo and I don't know if you wanted to write on the 16th and on the 24th or ... what? I'm confused by partial signup in both those places, incomplete signup for either.

Solution: Either and both dates are fine with me for you to take. If you do NOT want the 24th, please let me know and I'll re-sign up for it. If you do, that's cool, because I've put your name in for that spot and for the 16th.

I can't write on the 16th, btw.

Happy NaNo!

and good luck with technology!!
Anita
kieranmullen

Post by kieranmullen »

I have a desktop but my PDA DC power jack went out due to wear and tear.

I replaced it with a DellAxim X51v off of ebay for $200

Get one of those. :-) Surf the net,record play, audio video pictures etc and so much more
KieranMullen