Question about catalog titles

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
johnell

Post by johnell »

I was just reading the thread about the android app and one of Cori's comments reminded me of something I've wondered for quite awhile: when the book is read by a single reader could the reader's name be listed in the catalog title instead of all versions saying (readers)? It would be great to be able to pick the ones read by one's favorite readers without having to check each listing to see who reads it, especially when a book has numerous versions. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth... Librivox is great. :)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

If I recall correctly, the new format will flag solos on the search results page. I don't think the system would be capable of putting the soloist's name on that page and but not on groups.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
johnell

Post by johnell »

Thanks for answering, Tricia... I don't know how the system works, so don't know what is feasible and what isn't. But I'm well able to live with it the way it is. :)
ekzemplaro

Post by ekzemplaro »

Hello johnll san,
johnell wrote:I don't know how the system works, so don't know what is feasible and what isn't. But I'm well able to live with it the way it is. :)
You need not to give it up.
Have you tried LibriVox Statistics & Directory?
Select 'Reader' then click your favorate reader. List of titles appear. Rss page, LibriVox catalog page and Forum page are linked.
I welcome your feedback.

Cheers,
Masa
bobgon55

Post by bobgon55 »

Masa san,

That feature is slick! I had not seen it before. Excellent! :thumbs:

Bob
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

johnell wrote:Thanks for answering, Tricia... I don't know how the system works, so don't know what is feasible and what isn't. But I'm well able to live with it the way it is. :)
You can always search on the catalogue for a reader - but I don't think either way provides instant knowledge :D. We are a book and author system and I think you will just have to press an extra link to find who read which version :D

Anne
ekzemplaro

Post by ekzemplaro »

Hello Bob san,
Thank you for your pra
bobgon55 wrote:
That feature is slick! I had not seen it before. Excellent!
Cheers,
Masa
Timothy Ferguson

Post by Timothy Ferguson »

ekzemplaro wrote:Hello johnll san,
johnell wrote:I don't know how the system works, so don't know what is feasible and what isn't. But I'm well able to live with it the way it is. :)
You need not to give it up.
Have you tried LibriVox Statistics & Directory?
Select 'Reader' then click your favorate reader. List of titles appear. Rss page, LibriVox catalog page and Forum page are linked.
I welcome your feedback.

Cheers,
Masa
I don't seem to be able to click the reader. I can see the readers, but they seem to not be hyperlinked. What am I doing wrong?
My occasional blog is Games from Folktales
JohanLiebert

Post by JohanLiebert »

Timothy Ferguson wrote:I don't seem to be able to click the reader. I can see the readers, but they seem to not be hyperlinked. What am I doing wrong?
I even thought it wasn't clickable :)
Just click the name, scroll down, you'll see the list of projects a reader is assigned to :D
April Gonzales :D
blog

Marie Antoinette & the Downfall of Royalty

I will not be around the forums for quite a time but I'll log-in whenever there's time. Please PM me if you need to talk with me. Thanks!

Animo La Salle!
carolb

Post by carolb »

Hello Masa san,

I've just been reading through this thread, and decided to click on the link. Well done! Just one thing, when I found my name I saw that the number beside it is 37. If that is the number of sections, may I please point out that in fact I have completed 74 - although it was probably 73 when you typed it and your fingers were too fast :)

Thank you.

Carol
Cori

Post by Cori »

Ah no, Carol, 37 is the number of projects you've helped to complete. :) These pages don't list the number of sections (no real need since that's already at the top of your catalogue page.)
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
carolb

Post by carolb »

Thank you Cori :) - I had a Eureka moment in the bath after I wrote that and realised that's what it was. Having checked I've come back here to apologise :oops:

Carol
ekzemplaro

Post by ekzemplaro »

Hello Carol san,

Thank you for your interset to my page.

If you hit 'carolb', you can see 37 projects at a glance. You easily know with whom you worked or are working.
And also you can follow the link and download sound files.
You can also go to the forum and refresh your memory.

Cheers,
Masa
carolb

Post by carolb »

Thank you, Masa san :)

Carol