Thank you to Janette Brown!

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Kaffen

Post by Kaffen »

I just discovered that Janette has produced covers for three (more) of my recordings! (The First Battle of Bull Run, Little Wars, The Lost Princess of Oz)
It's always a lovely thing to have a cover for your book - it makes it (at least) seem important and valuable and worth listening to. So I say, "Thank you very much!" :9:
- Mark

"In narrating everything is simple, but it's the simple things that are difficult." (Apologies to von Clausewitz!)
Mark's Librivoxings
Janette520

Post by Janette520 »

Kaffen wrote:I just discovered that Janette has produced covers for three (more) of my recordings! (The First Battle of Bull Run, Little Wars, The Lost Princess of Oz)
It's always a lovely thing to have a cover for your book - it makes it (at least) seem important and valuable and worth listening to. So I say, "Thank you very much!" :9:
Mark:

You are more than welcome. While I have you, I must tell you that I really, really, REALLY enjoyed your recording of The Lost World. Let's say we're even! :D

Thanks so much,

Janette
Kaffen

Post by Kaffen »

It's time to say "thank you!" again to Janette!

I've discovered new covers by her on my recordings of:
- The Gettysburg Address
- How to Live on 24 Hours a Day
- More Goops and How Not to Be Them
- New Discoveries in Jamestown (that's a particularly classy looking one!)
- Floor Games
- Hans Brinker or The Silver Skates
- Greylorn (another extra-nice one!)

Janette, you're turning my head by doing so many covers for my work! (Now, may I request "The Pathfinder"?)
- Mark

"In narrating everything is simple, but it's the simple things that are difficult." (Apologies to von Clausewitz!)
Mark's Librivoxings
Janette520

Post by Janette520 »

Mark:

Many, many thanks for your kind words. :D I'll get started on Pathfinder!

Any other requests?

Take care,

Janette
Janette520

Post by Janette520 »

Mark:

I've just uploaded the cover to "The Pathfinder." It should be visible as soon as Bart or HokusPokus do their thing.

Thanks so much,

Janette
Kaffen

Post by Kaffen »

Janette520 wrote:Mark:

I've just uploaded the cover to "The Pathfinder." It should be visible as soon as Bart or HokusPokus do their thing.
I had a look - perfect! Thank you very much!
- Mark

Mark's Librivoxings
Kaffen

Post by Kaffen »

A year ago, I started this thread in appreciation to Janette. Now I wonder, is she stalking me??? (In a good way!)

I just took stock, and I think this is the list of new covers she's made since my last post:

Green Mansions
How to Live on Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Mr. Trunnell, Mate of the Ship "Pirate"
The Outline of Science
The Point of Honor
The Time Machine
Tom Swift and His War Tank
Triplanetary
and -
The Adventures of Pinocchio - This one appeared within hours of the book being posted!

Between Janette and a few others I'll be thanking in a few minutes, there is practically nothing left of my solo work that is 'uncovered.'
Thanks again, Janette, for lending an air of distinction to my own catalog; I appreciate it! :thumbs:
- Mark

Mark's Librivoxings
Janette520

Post by Janette520 »

Kaffen wrote:Tom Swift and His War Tank and The Adventures of Pinocchio
Mark:

If I am stalking you, it's meant in the most flattering way! However, I cannot take credit for the 2 covers above---hats off to the incredible cover-making team at Librivox for those! Woo-hooo! We rock! :9:

Many, many thanks for your kind words,

Janette
Kaffen

Post by Kaffen »

I maintain I'm , er, half-right. You made me question my notes, so I went back to check; "Tom Swift & His War Tank" credits you, whether or not you did it. "Pinocchio" does not; I was wrong, and now I'll go thank Kathryn!

But yes, YOU GUYS ROCK!!
- Mark

Mark's Librivoxings