Checking in briefly...

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
MermaidMaddie

Post by MermaidMaddie »

Hello All,
This seemed the quickest way to check in. I haven't been able to check my PMs or read through the forums to see if anyone has needed to get in touch with me and I probably won't be able to be back in touch for a while. I've been very ill since mid-august and I've just come home from the hospital. I don't know when I will be able to be back in the swing of things, but right now I am barely able to get out of bed. I do plan to do any recordings I've signed up for, in fact some I recorded before I got sick but haven't been able to edit. I hope to be able to do all of the the things I've signed up for, however if I am signed up for anything for which I am the last person and it's at the deadline, I don't want to hold up anybody's project. If you absolutely must orphan the parts and give them to someone who can do it sooner, I understand, please just drop me a line so i'll know you've done so, and when I am doing a little better I will check through my pms and the forums.

Also, for the 2 projects I am book coordinating. If my MCs (Catharine for the foolish dictionary and David for Byways around SF bay) can please bear with me during this time and put off the cataloguing until I am better, I'd greatly appreciate it. I have some edited tracks I need to submit for The foolish dictionary, and need to edit and submit my sections, as well as do any other edits, for Byways. I'd appreciate it if these projects could just be put on hold until I am able to get everything in order and properly edited. thanks.

I also need to ask for someone to fill in for me again, regrettedly, for the weekly poetry. I won't reschedule my week until I am feeling better, that way I wont need to unexpectedly postpone anymore.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused anyone. Also, like I said if anyone has tried to contact me, I haven't been around. At this point just taking a few minutes to type this is making me sick and I need to go lay down but I will be back eventually so I wanted to let everyone know I haven't forgotten or abandoned any of the readings I signed up for.

Thanks.
[color=green]"Elphaba, where I'm from, we believe all sorts of things that aren't true...we call it 'history'. "[/color]

[url=http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/MermaidMaddie][color=purple]MermaidMaddie's Wiki Page[/color][/url]
kristin

Post by kristin »

Don't worry about the poetry coordination, it'll be taken care of. Annie and I will work it out.

Also, if you need anything edited, I'm willing to help out, just let me know.

We miss you! Get better soon!
kri

Post by kri »

Best wishes for you and hoping you get better quickly (not for LibriVox, but for feeling better's sake :))
opheliad

Post by opheliad »

All the best to you, Mermaid Maggie; may your clouds have the brightest of silver linings :D
Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great.
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

hi maddie, we are still basking in the glow of the magnificent anniversary special podcast! so, good thoughts to you and hope you are feeling well soon.

as we say here, bon courage!
anna

Post by anna »

Get better soon, All the best wishes. :D

Greetings Anna
Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.
Kennis spreekt, wijsheid luistert.
kayray

Post by kayray »

Feel better, Maddie, we miss you! *hugs*
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

Maddie, so sorry to hear you're unwell. Don't worry at all about Byways - it can wait! Take care. David
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Ooo, feel better soon! Foolish Dictionary is content to hang out.

-Catharine
LibraryLady

Post by LibraryLady »

Take care of yourself Maddie, you're in my thoughts.
Annie Coleman Rothenberg
http://www.anniecoleman.com/

"I hear the sound I love, the sound of the human voice." ~Whitman
Cloud Mountain

Post by Cloud Mountain »

MM- The best of the best good wishes and good vibes coming to you from the East Coast. May your energy return you to goodness. -Alan
[url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=254]Alan's LV catalog[/url]
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

Oh, Maddie, what a relief to hear from you. I only just this minute saw this thread -- I was moving when it was posted.

I so wish I could come help you heal and lighten your time as you've helped us and lightened ours.

I'm so sorry the Anniversary show and its incautious MC (that's me, folks) overloaded you so! Please forgive. Please be at ease. Please take your time. Please can we send you CDs?

our fond best wish making to Maddie
Anita