A Librivox Community Podcast

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

jimmowatt wrote: I would have thought a sort of launch announcement might be good but seeing as we're hoping to do an episode every week won't it be overkill announcing it every time?
No, not overkill at all... some people will be subscribed to the podcast, but people like me will be glad to have an announcement so that I know a new episode is ready for manual download... the more publicity the better =)
~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

jimmowatt wrote: I would have thought a sort of launch announcement might be good but seeing as we're hoping to do an episode every week won't it be overkill announcing it every time?
No, not overkill at all... some people will be subscribed to the podcast, but people like me will be glad to have an announcement so that I know a new episode is ready for manual download... the more publicity the better ... and we don't have news often enough lately that it will be taking the place of anything... so it's really nice to have some reliable new content on the blog page.
~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

i agree fully with betsie.
jimmowatt

Post by jimmowatt »

OK, front page then.
Does someone regularly update front page or if not can someone let me know how to update the right section?

Also, it strikes me that with this and the weekly picks then, any more significant news will clearly scroll off the bottom.

Maybe there should be seperate sections for stories such as Librivox getting large scale news coverage etc.
[url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=75]Jim Mowatt[/url] - [url=http://historyzine.com]Historyzine - The History Podcast[/url]
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

ideally, the news should be updated daily. i usually add a note when there is a big news story on us, but it seems to happen infrequently, and any other major events (eg kara's birthday)...but yes we can give you the login & quick tutorial for the front page (its easy!).
kri

Post by kri »

Don't worry about pushing things off the front page. That should be updated regularly, like Hugh said. Plus, if anyone wants to see older news items, they can just view the RSS feed.