Goodbye, Cloud Mountain

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
doc

Post by doc »

Cleogirl, you took the words right out of my mouth. I feel very fortunate to have found such a wonderful group of those who care.
Cloud Mountain will live on in his spoken words.
"To God be all the glory for all He has given us!"
Sayeth

Post by Sayeth »

I'm saddened to hear that Alan Davis-Drake passed away. I enjoyed so many of his recordings. A few months ago, I posted a review of his reading of a great poem about life, death, and funerals, "The Emperor of Ice Cream". I'll link it here as a remembrance of his life.: http://freelistens.blogspot.com/2010/11/emperor-of-ice-cream-by-wallace-stevens.html.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

I am very sorry to hear this news. I worked with him a little on poetry. He was so kind and helpful.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

A couple of years ago Alan and I swapped PMs about a posible collaboration on a buddhist text. I've found a nice book of buddhist verse and stories which I'd like to solo and dedicate to Alan. Should I check with his family to see if this is okay?

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I suppose that would be the most considerate thing to do. But I see you are withdrawing this particular book of verses. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

I'd still like to get a buddhist work done in his name, though. It'll just take a bit more searching.

I'll contact his family when it's recorded, then.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
anne21

Post by anne21 »

I'm very sorry to hear of Cloud Mountain's death. He was a fine reader and will be much missed.

Anne
ductapeguy

Post by ductapeguy »

Awww. As usual, I'm late to the party.
I worked with Alan on a number of projects and particularly on the community podcast. I will miss his voice and his sense of humour.
[size=84] Sean McGaughey
Librivox: [url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=231]Catalog[/url] | [url=http://ductapeguy.net]ductapeguy.net-- My music and podcasts[/url][/size]