LibriVox
Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently October 23rd, 2017, 9:05 pm

Post Posted:: October 12th, 2017, 12:54 pm 

I want to write a proposal for a session at this interesting-looking conference--
Our (Digital) Humanity: Storytelling, Media Organizing and Social Justice conference in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, April 20-22, 2018

they're looking for "scholars, media makers, public historians, artists, designers, technologists, and social justice activists," and the submission form encourages collaboration across institutions and organizations. I think it'd be awesome to assemble a group of LibriVoxers and do a cool panel about all the collaboration, creativity, and generosity that happens at LibriVox. we could even include a tutorial section about how to volunteer, too. it would be a fun chance to raise awareness about LV.

is anyone interested, even in just talking through ideas? post here, or PM me and we can brainstorm! the deadline to propose something is about 1 month away-- November 15. the submission form mentions that fee waivers and travel scholarships are available, which could come in handy I'm sure.