'Thank you' messages for Librivox in general

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Praise for EVERYONE via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hey guys and gals

I am listening to your readings in the commute from work to home and I sincerely have enjoyed a lot, almost as much as when I am reading a book myself.

Thank you for the effort and congratulations in the spirit that allows you all to volunteer to such a cause.
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

I would like to thank all the readers for librivox. I use my ipod all the time while working, since I am always working I have no time to read. I really enjoy the dramatic readings! its great and keeps me moving. Thank you all for giving your time it is very much appreciated!!
jessieyun0404

Post by jessieyun0404 »

Praise for EVERYONE and Librivox;

Thanks for helping me and giving me great advices to improve myself till today :D I am really happy and glad that I joined here, and I think it is not only luck to meet all of you - God gave me the way to meet you :) And I'm especially thankful to Admins who kindly lend the hand to help me, and raise me to make awesome projects - and all PLers, BCs and readers, you guys are ALL AMAZING and I really want to raise my hand to praise all of you - and thank you, Librivox, for making this awesome project to work on. I love all you guys - and thank you! :thumbs:

I think I'll do this on my whole life! :D
~Jessie

Epic Music composer studying Film and Media Arts, BA :D
I love lights, camera, colors, and story!
Here are some tunes I made.

Staying in the U.S. starting Fall 2021.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for all our British readers via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello,

just wanted to take a moment of your time to Thank You for reading a couple of my favorite Authors books.

Being English from the UK, I am a little fussy about the pronunciation of some words and am happy to hear you doing an awesome job.

I chose to live in the US but some books or plays, just have to be heard in a good old fashioned BBC voice.

It is not easy to find such readers on either side of the Atlantic.

I look forward to any future works you have coming

Sincerely

Xandi
Carolin
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

From our emails
I would like to thank everyone at Librivox because I listen to a LOT of books from there. I have chronic illness, and have to rest a lot, and often can't get to sleep without listening to something. You all have helped me so much. You all have helped my mood, have helped me feel connected to people, have helped my so I don't feel as much pain, have helped me relax when my body is going nuts, and I have learned a lot. I have listened to a lot of professionally-recorded books, but usually I like the ones from Librivox better -- people's hearts shine through better and their passion for what they're reading comes through better at Librivox.

Thanks so much.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Dear Librivox Team,
I drive close to 3 hours or more daily.
Subscribed a lot of audio books.
But Librivox came as a gift.
Now I enjoy my daily driving.
Thank you all
Madhu
Carolin
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Here are two thank-you's for all of us as a reply to the staff picks post for April 2015:
Dave says:
April 20, 2015 at 12:52 pm

If you guys ever think that your work is not appreciated because we are lazy slobs who do not voice our appreciation… you are half right… but we do appreciate your work and presentations more than we probably could put words to anyway… so… Thanks a bunch. A mind is indeed a terrible thing to waste…but the exercise of minds through unbounded literature is more of a work than almost none recognize. So, utilizing some of my almost unlimited International Language skills I can only say: Much Grass. Dave
Mike Chalifoux says:
April 21, 2015 at 1:15 pm

What You People Do For The General Public Is Awe-Inspiring. Most of us are “too busy” or too self-absorbed to get involved. Thank You for this gift of spoken literature, from all of us, the silent users.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thanks to all the Librivox team for readings on- Plato's books ( i
particularly like one mans voice in 'Crito' and other Plato books he
plays the part awesomely), Aristotles, Virgils Aenids, Shakespeares,
Cervantes, Pride and Prejudice and a lot of other ones!!! Thanks for all
your time and effort!!!
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

To All Readers:

I am very new to the Audiobook scene, it has only been since this past year. I will be 61 in July and 100% Disabled, reading is a real chore most of the time because I lose my place and word run together. My eyes are called lazy, plus the VA has put plugs in my tear ducts. Enough of that, that’s what this is all about.

The names of the Narrators is better way saying it, to me at least. Wow, I will need to pay better attention at noticing the information described. This I can tell you is that: 7th Anniversary, Worlds best Literature Vol. 1, Rosacruson_mystery, and Essays by Sir Francis Bacon. There are more, but their names are to not coming to me, sometimes I suffer from that thing called “CRS Disease”.

Bottom line, I think it is great my hat goes to any and all of your Readers . I hope to do better in the future as far as Names and location links.

Thank you,

Respectfully

David
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Hi - Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to read these books so we have the opportunity to listen to them. I think I have listened to about 50 books thanks to your kindness.
Sincerely,
Susan
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

A big thank you to all the readers and collaters and engineers at Librivox. Your work gives me so much pleasure and has sustained me so well through a long period of illness as well as making mundane chores fun!! You work is so much appreciated and thoroughly enjoyed. Thank you!
Sally

UK
Carolin
alclubb

Post by alclubb »

I am a new user of Librivox and just wanted to say "thank you" to Librivox and all the readers who volunteer. It means so much to someone like me who loves to read but can no longer do so. You are a lifesaver for me and so many others. Thank you from the bottom of my heart to everyone who makes this possible.
kayray

Post by kayray »

Thank you for words of praise, alclubb. Very nice to hear that we make a difference for you. Happy listening!
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

I don’t hear very well and am blind but some of the readers, especially males, becaiuse of the hearing, do an excellent job at recording the books I have listened to. I listen to all kinds of books and appreciate the volunteers who read them. Thank them all.
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thanks
Carolin