'Thank you' messages for Librivox in general

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

From our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I would like to Thank each and every reader for giving their time and care in bring so many works to life, and giving dyslexic folk like myself the ability to enjoy the works, and to all at Librivox for their part.

So much SciFi, im in Heaven 😊
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

In our inbox -- from Gavin
I just recently found your site through youtube and it’s been a great resource to listen to while I work. Thanks for all you do!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Dear Readers of Shakespeare Sonnets:

Thank you very much for your beautiful delivery of Shakespeare’s Sonnets!

I already own a CD of Shakespeare’s Sonnets, but I prefer your rendering so much more that I doubt I’ll ever listen to that CD again.

Very Best Regards,

John
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I just wanted to give you a big THANK YOU!!! Ive been lisening to the librivox app now for 2 years, non stop. Its the first i do in the morning is go back to my bookmarked chapter from the night before and start lisening where i dropped off to sleep. Some of the readers are 100% amazing!!! And others ..well...they tried!!! And that counts for something!!! I wish i didnt sound like a dysfunctional robot when i read out loud otherwise i would be volunteering for sure!! I just wanted you guys to know that this app means alot to me, i dont hang out with people, cuz ppl in general ...well.. i dont have anything really nice to say about ppl in general. Having someone whos always talking (reading) in the background has literally saved my life. Makes me feel like im not truly alone. And all for free!! Which is even better cause honestly i cant afford to pay so much per month and then on top of that pay per book!!??!! I must have lisened to 100s off books by now from this app. Which wouldve have cost me even more, otherwise. So THANK YOU!!! TRULY!! To all who make this possible!! You make a HUGE difference in my life everyday! Thank you.

NO response necessary.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

It would be impossible for me to direct praise or to thank just one person for what the readers and all those behind them have done for me by setting the printed word to voice. So saying Thank You All from my heart and soul for the joy you have given me.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Although I have not listened to each and every reader, I wish to thank each and every one of you on the outstanding work that you do and are doing. I realize that it takes you away from your family time and it couldn’t be easy to read so clearly the whole length of each book that you read.

Thanks again for the great work that you are doing,

Kenny
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Thank you Librovox readers!!!

I was an english and theater major in college and listened to many, MANY of your recordings during my education. The first one I ever listened to was the Brothers Karamazov but I’ve also listened to the Henry IV dramatic readings, Herman Hesse’s Sidarthua, and Tess D’Ubervilles among others. I was always broke as a student and couldn’t afford to buy audiobooks all the time, but I also wasn’t capable of reading as many books at a time as my professors seemed to think was humanly possible. Maybe that’s because I have some reading difficulties, maybe it’s just because those books are dense, but you saved my GPA.

I hope you all know that people are listening, and that you make a difference with the time you offer people.

Thank you,

Clare
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

from info@
Hello Librivox !
How can I tell you how much I love you ?
I cannot work in my studio without you !
I love all the readers and everyone who makes this ambrosia of the internet
a balm to my wounded soul - I would like to throw a party in my flat and invite all of you <3

and the " Urban Art Adventures " link on your about page is dead .

xoxoxoxoxox infinity
when I am feeling blue and stifled by the banal workaday world and the hard shift of an artists life I turn to you -
and you never fail me - every bit of art I have done in the last few years has been accompanied by - if not motivated by - the sweet
readers and supporters of the Holy Librivox.

you get my arse into the studio and get me working - I am grateful.

All My Love !
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

From our Thank a Reader feature!
Hi Librivox,

I just want to extent my gratitude towards Librivox on material published in the public domain. I am resonating much with these books, and slowly putting things into perspective for me.

Thanks again I really appreciate your dedication to the cause of educating minds like mine through these great authors.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

A great one from our Thank a Reader feature!

I’m a primary care nurse at the VA. Recently I had a patient who was borderline suicidal, in part because his vision was failing and he was no longer able to read books. We introduced him to your website, and it improved the quality of his life immensely. Keep up the good work.

Thanks,

Paula, R.N.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

From our Thank a Reader feature

Dear friends,

I'm so grateful for You.

I have never before been able to stick with an audio book before...

The regular book reading has became a challenge - because of my eyes (severe dry eye; my eyes get very tired by the time I get to my my 'relax and read" part of my day) I have given up on reading. I'd "watch" documentaries. Or - rather listen to them.

However, after a couple of "tries" (my first was not that successful, but I didn't give up) - I have discovered that it takes not only the book, but also the voice that reads it to me to keep my attention!

I am now happily listening to yet another book - and I'm in heaven! It's a whole new world.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

From our Thank a Reader feature!
This is a Thank You for ALL readers. Anyone who uses their time to do something for others, is a Hero, in our opinion! All of your readers deserve a huge thank you, from anyone who listens to Librivox. Many people would rather criticize than appreciate the fact that every single reader is volunteering their time to read to us. There are stories that I cannot continue listening to, because the audio has a “whine” in it. It can quickly give me a headache, I seem to be sensitive to some sounds. It’s probably just the difference between microphones. However, I will just go to Gutenberg, and finish reading the chapters I can’t listen to, then continue on Librivox. I just want you all to know that my family appreciates being able to gather together and be read a story. I used to read out loud, but I get tongue tied quickly, I do not have the talent of changing my voice from character to character, or even remembering which voice goes with each character! So again, Thanks to each and every volunteer Librivox reader, you are appreciated by my family and I!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

From our Thank a Reader feature:
Thanx to all the readers who have kindly donated their time and effort to this excellent cause.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Thank you very much to the rest of the volunteers - what you are doing is of priceless merit for the human race. These recordings will survive long into the future, and pass priceless knowledge on to future generations.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Thank you for so many readers ; you help many of us to access to a splendid catalog of stories and culture
Ann

Audio, video, disco!