'Thank you' messages for Librivox in general

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for EVERYONE via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
I must say I have been listening to Librivox for years now, and have been very pleased with the books in which have been verbalized by the volunteers.
Carolin
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

I happened across an old post I made on the LibriVox blog back in March 2010, and was amazed to see that it is still attracting comments two and a half years later, which are definitely worth a read:

http://librivox.org/2010/03/18/our-readers-favourites-old-and-new/

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for all readers in the German language! via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hallo alle deutschsprachigeleserinnen/lesern,

ich möchte Ihnen danken für ihre gute und schöne Arbeit.

Ich habe die Prosa Sammlungen und Gedichte Sammlungen gehört und genossen.

Nur Vielen Danken kann ich sagen, und weiter noch wenn möglich.

Auf "wiederhören"!

Liebe Grüsse aus Argentinien!!!!

Silvia
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Hi Readers,

I couldn’t segregate as the work done by every reader were awesome & great….

I really thank each & every volunteers of Librivox for rendering us a quality job.

Thanks & Regards,
K.K.
Chennai
Tamil Nadu,
India
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Just wanted to thank you all your great work about bringing this possibility to this 'open source' world.
I'm a big fan.
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

I would also like to thank you, librivox.com people. And probably I should thank you first. The job you are doing is impossible to overestimate. You bring us culture when being cultured is not fashionable, as it were. And you do it for free. God bless you!
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Librivox is GREAT!!

I endorse you to all my friends who have long commutes as a catharsis, and alternative to road rage! 8-<)

Keep up the fantastic work and service!!!!

Gary
Chantilly, VA
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for everyone involved in producing the Jane Austen books via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Just wanted to say how much I appreciate your readers taking the time to record the Jane Austen books. I read them in college for a Jane Austen seminar and even though I enjoyed them then, I felt they would be MORE enjoyable if I were able to read them at my leisure without a mix of other subjects thrown in between each chapter. I promised myself I would after college, I never did take the time. Then, the other day, while I was at work performing mindless yet necessary data entry tasks, and thinking of all the things I could be doing if I were not stuck at my desk, it occurred to me there was one thing I could do while I was there. I could finally revisit all those Jane Austen books (and other classics I studied in college) via audio recordings. I remembered being especially fond of Pride and Prejudice so I started with it. At first it seemed weird having someone else reading to me, but I was soon so involved in the story, I forgot that sensation completely. I even stayed at my desk an extra ten minutes to finish the chapter. So thanks again to all the readers for helping me to complete a personal goal of many many years. You make my work days so much better by your efforts!

Sincerely,
Dawn
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

I greatly appreciate all the work that goes in to making these audio books free for download. It isn't much, but it is a heartfelt thank you.
-- Marietta
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

You have solved my problems. You have made me happy. Whichever books I was obliged to read for my exams I have been able to find at librivox. I'm not boasting. It is true.
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thanks for all your efforts, each and every one, in building and maintaining one of the jewels of the web. It is a cultural resource of great value as well as a proof of the power of co-operation and generosity, congratulations!

Liam
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Dear Friends,
I would like to thank you for that great job you do!
I am MD from Eastern Europe and whenever I have time, I listen to these audiobooks with great pleasure.
This is pleasure, knowledge, practice of foreign language and just joy...
Thank you very much for this amazing work.
All the best,
Anna
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

I have listen to and enjoyed other librivox recordings very much in the past; furthermore, I am so thankful that a modern public entity, such as yourselves, make it your mission to disseminate information for the magnanimous sake of edifying the general populace (who lord knows could use as much general edifying as possible), as opposed to profit. Librivox, and groups like it, give me an unbelievable sense of refreshment in an otherwise dry, tasteless, material world. In other words, I love you guys! Keep up the good work. :)
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Hi.

I spend hours each day listening to audio books, and I'd like to thank librivox and the readers. I utilize all the time that is spent in household work or travel, and read books I otherwise wouldnt have time for. Thanks so much.

J
Carolin
jonthecat

Post by jonthecat »

I have downloaded a bunch of book, some great, some so-so, but I have been listening to some books by Randall Garrett the last couple days and they are pretty good! I never even heard of him before so it was good to hear books that are good but maybe not famous any more. Thank you LibriVox for those books! :clap: