'Thank you' messages for Librivox in general

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for EVERYONE via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
I would like to thank you for your invaluable help which proved to be very rewarding for me in particular, being semi-blind.

Zuhair
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

I heartily thank all the readers who give of their time and talents so graciously.
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

THANK YOU
Carolin
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

I've recently started a little book club, and our first book is The Wind in the Willows. However, as our first meeting approached, I lost my voice, but didn't want to postpone our meeting.

Then, I found several recordings of the book on LV, and have been playing them for the girls. This has worked out far better than I could have dreamed! My LV recordings are usually theology, and I could not have done such a great job reading as these other LV readers. I actually found the book rather boring until I listened to it read well. Now we're laughing out loud!

So, I've continued using the recordings, even though my voice is better and I'm back recording again. Thank you, LV!!! :clap:

Peace be with you,
Sister
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

i THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART FOR THE PEOPLE, THEIR TIME AND INTEREST IN READING BOOKS FOR THOSE OF US WHO HAVE EYE TROUBLE. THERE ARE TIMES WHEN i CANNOT READ DUE TO EYE PROBLEMS AND HEARING AS WELL. IF IT WERE NOT FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU IT WOULD BE A VERY SAD DULL WORLD. THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS EVERYONE OF YOU
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

I am tryng to learn english and LibriVox is a good help for me.
Many thanks to all readers.

Best regards

Emilio
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

ITs is so wonderful to hear the stories....
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you all

I wish hereby to thank all Librivox readers, you are doing a fantastic and worthwhile job.

The world is endebted to you

Kindest regards

Stefaan
Carolin
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Hi Librivox Team,

first of all, let me thank the whole team works so much on a dream of public access audiobooks. Great idea, cool result. I really love your work.

With regards from Austria,
Marco
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you so much to all the wonderful folk who freely give their time to record the books. I suffer with some health problems where even holding a book is too painful, so to be able to listen is fabulous.

You all make SUCH a difference and I am very grateful to each and every one of you.

Very best wishes to you all
Caroline
Carolin
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

from the help desk
Please tell everyone I appreciate their work so very, very much. I have found, I'm almost addicted, listening most all of my waking hours. Sometimes it slows me down to carry my ipad around to be in hearing distance. I have it synced with the Bluetooth in the car and rarely turn on sirius radio. I love that so many books are continuely added.
Thank you and everyone involved.

"Dreaming is never a waste of time."

Lynn
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Just a general thank you to librivox. My 10 year old is an auditory learner and your audiobooks coupled with the book has opened so many new doors for her in the literary world.
Carolin
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

from the help desk
Dear librivox,

I've been enjoying your recordings on youtube, I'm currently in the middle of the Les Miserables you've uploaded. You've really done awesome work by giving everyone easy access to our greatest of literature, and your readers help make the worlds on the pages come alive. I went to your website to find out more about you, and I think that I would enjoy working with you if you want more volunteers.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for all readers of Science Fiction via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Greetings:
I have a long commute, and frequently listen to Librivox recordings on the trip. I love to listen to Science Fiction, and thanks to readers like Mark Nelson, Phil Chenevert, Richard Kilmer, and Gregg Margarite, I can get plenty of the classics for free. My favorite is H Beam Piper.

All of you have done a fantastic job of reading classics by Mr. Piper, plus the likes of E.E. "Doc" Smith, Fritz Leiber, Harry Harrison, and Andre Norton. I have thoroughly enjoyed the suitably-dramatic (never over-acted!) and yet abundantly clear work of Mark Nelson, the riveting voice of Phil Chenevert, the almost pulpit-worthy pronouncements of Richard Kilmer, and the just-right-for-Sci-Fi tones of Gregg Margarite. I have only just read of Gregg Margarite's untimely death. What a loss. I shared one of his recordings (Harry Harrison's "Deathworld" and "The Ethical Engineer") with someone else, and we commented on how we had to adjust the settings to get the full effect of his very deep voice. A great pity we will never hear more of his recordings, but he has given so much to so many. As have you all.

The only thing I could wish more of from all of you is--go forth and do more. Do not waste time on redos. Just be as prolific as your precious time allows, and know that there are folks out there who appreciate it.

Sincerely,
Les
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Dear Carolin and LibriVox Team

The same goes for you guys! :)
Thank you sooo much for what you do and the services you provide!!

Without doubt, LibriVox is the best thing on the internet!

Dennis
Carolin