'Thank you' messages for Librivox in general

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
lezer

Post by lezer »

Susan K. wrote:I have never had a bad experience with any of the Librivox recordings that I have accessed. I can often be seen wandering around my neighborhood with my headphones on, listening to "my stories."
Anna
lezer

Post by lezer »

Diana B. wrote:I've enjoyed numerous titles thanks to Librivox, many that I perhaps wouldn't have bought as print books. I admire all those who take the time to record these works, whatever the accent or level of experience it is quite something to take on yet such an excellent way to bring pleasure to others. [...]
My thanks also to those who make Librivox possible, long may it continue.
Anna
lezer

Post by lezer »

Sean D. wrote:[...] Librivox itself is a wonderful resource. I work in construction and sometimes it becomes monotonous, but if I have a good story on my ipod I find myself looking forward to going back to work!
Anna
lezer

Post by lezer »

Frank B. wrote:My name is Frank B. I am overwhelmed with your LibriVox service. I am disabled with a rare degenerative illness, called Fredrick's Ataxia. I am attempting a last ditch effort to keep myself out of a nursing home. I am trying to generate an income by writing a book. But in order to be a successful writer, I am in the process of reading the works of best selling authors. I realize that you do not provide the latest authors. But I need to read solid classics as well as best sellers in order to develop a unique style. I would so appreciate if someone in your organization would take a personal interest in my goal. All I would require is a list of recommended books that you have in your library so I can download them.

Frank B
(If anyone wants to get in touch with him, send me a PM and I can pass on his email address)
Anna
lezer

Post by lezer »

Rachel wrote:We are a homeschooling family with two children who have chronic & sometimes debilitating illness. Librivox allows a VERY tired mama the ability to provide continuity in our school through all the chaos.

Thank you for all your efforts and precious time. I pray to be able to pass this gift on in the future.
Anna
lezer

Post by lezer »

Matt wrote:What a wonderful and useful service you all are doing. In the age of video games and satellite television, it is great to see technology used for something more virtuous and still fun. Thank you!!
Anna
lezer

Post by lezer »

Amanda wrote:I love listening to the classics made available by your efforts. I consider it important to read them but find some more difficult then others. Listening to them gives me a chance to check them off my list. My two year old usually listens to them as well in the car and I know it will only further her reading abilities in the future. Thanks
Anna
lezer

Post by lezer »

Mohammed M. wrote:... many many thanks to LibriVox for such a delightful cultural enterprise [...]. Thanks to all involved with LibriVox
Anna
cmhodge

Post by cmhodge »

I've been a fan for years, and right now, I am about a third of the way through The Brothers Karamazov, which I listen to on my long commute. It is a privilege to be able experience this masterpiece this way. I can't imagine being able to carve out the time to read books like this myself, with work, kids, etc.
Thanks to all volunteers! :clap:
--Chris
lezer

Post by lezer »

Vijo wrote:I'm stuck at home with Spondylolisthesis and cant mmove around much for three months. Wanted all you readers at librivox to know how much it means for you all to take the effort to get the whole book recorded. Real life savers. Thanks and keep up the good work.

God Bless
Vijo
Anna
lezer

Post by lezer »

Ian L. wrote:[...] I got a mp3 from my girlfriend for my birthday and I wanted to listen to some audio books, rather than music all the time, and after some searching I came across Librivox. I was very pleased to come upon this site as it is free! I can now enjoy listening to books while out walking the dog! [...]
Anna
lezer

Post by lezer »

Ann wrote:I am so grateful to all the kind readers of Librivox. I am losing my sight, and can no longer read even large print novels. Unfortunately I cannot afford to upgrade my MP3 or purchase modern novels from audible.

So far I have listened to Sense and Sensibility, Jude the Obscure, Therese Raquin, My Antonia. Little Women and Madame Bovary.

I do have favourite readers, but once again wish to thank all of the readers. I appreciate your work so much.

Kind Regards,
Ann
(UK)
Anna
lezer

Post by lezer »

Isabel wrote:I love to walk while listening to a good book and indeed sitting on the coach with my eyes closed and somebody reading to me makes me feel special.

I would love to listen to Georgette Heyer, but probably it isn't in trhe public domain yet.

Thanks to LibriVox.

Isabel
Anna
lezer

Post by lezer »

MichelleHarris wrote:THANK YOU for the Thank-a-Reader button. I'm a reader, and it always feels wonderful to get feedback from the listeners. There isn't a "Thank-an-Administrator" button, but there SHOULD be. You guys all work thanklessly behind the scenes. But none of this would be possible without your time and effort and expertise. You are the ones who make it all happen.

I'm sure you know on some level, how important your work is to the thousands of listeners out there. But I just wanted to take the time to tell you all how important your work is to the readers also. You make it effortless for us to volunteer and do the reading. And being able to do this has made a HUGE difference in my life. I am crippled and house-bound. Reading for Librivox has made me feel like I can still contribute and has saved me from depression.

THANK YOU.

Please send this to all the Admin Angels.

MichelleHarris
Anna
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

This one was posted as reply to the "Freezing February" suggestions list:
Rita wrote: I gotta tell you! I absolutely love Librivox! I work 10 hr. (sometimes 12 hr.) days, and these make the time go so much faster!

I listen to a great variety, from your many offerings; history, westerns, classics, childrens stories (gotta screen for the grandchildren, don’t ya know.) Sometimes I am just entertained, and other times I am getting educated what with all of the History (’This Country of Ours’, ‘What a great one’), and the Bible and more.

You name it, and there is a good chance that Librivox has it!

And when I am having a bad night of it at work, I’ll listen to the more humorous, such as the ‘Bear Creek Collection’, and of course ‘Anne of Green Gables’. I often have people at work catching me laughing outright.

All of theses readings just make LIFE that much more enjoyablel. I am a very slow reader, and I’ve never ‘read’ so much in my life before.

Thank you so much for helping me get through the Classics and more!

I’ve even thought about getting in on the action myself, and reading a few, just not sure how.

You people are a blessing!

Again, THANK YOU!!!!!
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com