'Thank you' messages for Librivox in general

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

From our Thank a Reader feature:

the audio version of this text will allow me to take notes while reading? listening? consuming the story, people who spend their time working for a public benefit are the cornerstone of what makes the internet a good resource, thank you
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

From a listener:
You guys are the greatest, May God bless you guys and strengthen you all continually. I'm so greatful!, I wanted to create a YouTube channel on teaching God's word, but due to copyright issues on every audiobook of the Bible out there, it's been impossible to do so. But I'm greatful for you guys. May God bless 😇🙏❣️ you guys for each word of this holy book that reaches out into the world. Thanks Alot!!!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

From our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hello thanks for this website it made me learn way more about reading I really enjoy reading these types of books I am really glad you guys a free and you can download them so you can read them on the go I really want to thank the readers the people made the website and everyone that made this come true thanks agin ~Rilley
Dear Librivox team,

I am really excited to write this letter and express my gratitude for your work. I sincerely whish good health to you all and the amazing volunteers that work with you. Would have enjoyed to volunteer with you but due to developing an eye condition for past few years must content myself with appretiating your audio books. of This lately gained condition made me really crave for good literature in audio format, thank you for being there when I most needed such free public domain content. I am especially really fond of the quality of your work with such skilled volunteers and who have such soothing voices.

My only comment would be that in all audio books the readers were so apt that I am spoiled and do not like to listen to books where akcents do not go with the setting of the book.

Thank yu for your service

Sincerely

Bakhtawar

Islamabad

Pakistan
Hello,

I just wanted to say that my spouse and I love you guys. We are avid fans. If there’s anyway to pass that onto someone, please do.

Also, I was curious if you could please send me a few stickers/pins, samples, or other promotional items to display? Even though money has been tight on us during COVID19, we would like to to support you.

Thank you very much and happy summer!

Fiorita
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

I just wanna say 2 simple words, THANK YOU guys, for Reading such wonderful books with your wonderful voices.
I just wanna say that you guys are awesome. You are doing it for the community, so that they can enjoy the books and be happy.
And let me tell you, MAKING SOMEONE SMILE IS A VERY BIG DEAL.
My letter may not be that helpful but yeah this is my way to show you all my gratitude.
And as soon as I get my microphone I will surely do the same as you do and try my best to put a smile on the face of the listeners just like you do everyday.

At last all i wanna say is thank you so much for making the world feel special and happy,

Praneel,
With love from India.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

I have received much happines from this app, and want to thak all whweo made it possible for me and my mother to hear your readings.
we live in Venezuel and these are hard times. sometimes we download the books and listen to them when we go to the farrm where there is no electricity.
My mom is 85 and has enjoyed books in english and spanish and french... just when she is tired or feels alone.
I have enjoyed many books also. Since last week i have partially ost my eyesight and am preparing for eye injections or even surgery. I can no now read what I am writing to you, surely it will be spoiled by typing mistakes. but it is a relief to know in dark hours there are people like you to help us.
than you,
ana.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Cruelle

Post by Cruelle »

Thank you to all of the volunteers who maintain this site and produce audiobooks for the world to listen to. ❤️
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

thank you very much for helping with world's best website

you've (the big you, you n the team) put the foundations of the knowledge and much of the great literature of western civ into the ear of anyone who cares to click to listen, and for that we (the big we, all of out here in the worldwide listening audience) thank you!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

My sincere and deep respects for your great labour. Thank you so much for allocating and making all these audio books. We hold it in high esteem and approciate it
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
KeithThomas

Post by KeithThomas »

Thank you all volunteers for your work on George Eliot. You've changed my life.
Keith, Calif
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

I can lay here in bed and listen to such a vast array of wonderful literature because so many of you have donated your precious time to read these texts.

I was injured in the line of duty and even after the surgeries and recovery, I have limited use of my left leg.

When things seem to be too big, too much, too discouraging for me to deal with, I can recline and listen to these books being read to me.

I can leave the pain and the distractions of the world behind and get some genuine rest and relaxation.

Sometimes, I listen for the edification, the entertainment, the drama, the humor, or the history, but I always enjoy the narrative and the vocalization.

I want to both thank and apologize to some of you. The texts have been so relaxing, as is the tenor and delivery of your audio, that I have been able to gently doze off into a blissful rest. If any of you do not know, allow me to express how wonderful that can be when the Tylenol just is not enough.

Thank you,

Michael
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Thank you all for reading these. I really enjoyed them. Thank You
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Dear Librivox ,

I am so happy to listen to you! Cherished stories, epic historical events, and forgotten lives are remembered in your retellings. So as the lyrics of an African American hymn goes If I can but help somebody along the way then my living has not been in vain.

Have a God blessed Life Journey during this pandemic. Grace be with you especially if you have suffered the loss of family members, friends, associates and celebrated role-models.

Thank you for your time & company.

Sincerely.

B.M.S.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

A standing ovation to everyone involved.
This type of projects take time, patience and resources.
Beautifully executed.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

I want to thank all of you for this epic project and your
hard work making it grow. Since years I'm a big fan and enjoyed several
books, some of these I never read before (the great Mark Twain, or
Victor Hugo), some of these brought back memories to childhood like Karl
May's novels or Jules Verne's scifi.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Hi I’m Zack and i really love books and i Always push on my budget to buy them but today i found your website and i downloaded the book Sun Tzu The art of war on of my favorite books, So I juste want to say thank you guys so much it helps so much and good luck.

Zack
Ann

Audio, video, disco!