New Forum Software!

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Jc wrote:
TriciaG wrote:I mean the titles of the threads when you're on the forum category page. Like HERE - all the thread titles seem squished to me.

It is probably just personal preference, though.
OOOh i get it. A font that's less narrow?
Yep - that's it!

And I'm agreeing that the font in the posts should be changed. I think it's currently Trebuchet MS, but probably should be Verdana or Helvetica like before, which is (I think) a little bigger to begin with, but more readable in general.

And, the more I work in this forum, the more I do wish the Edit and Quote buttons were at the top of the forum posts. When we go to edit the OP of a project, we have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the post - slightly inconvenient, I grant you, but definitely inconvenient. :wink:

GUERO - Yeah, the lack of bolding on admins was discussed as an issue in the admin area. As far as we can tell, all admins cannot get bolded anymore - only a special subset of them. :(
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
kayray

Post by kayray »

RuthieG wrote:
Sibella wrote:And look down at my sig. Why is all that space between the quote and the bottom of the post??
Because, for some reason, 255 characters was considered insufficient for a signature and was increased to 300 characters.
Nope. As a test I decreased it back to 255 and the spacing remained the same. It's 255 now.

(I think 255 is plenty, also, but someone wanted more, can't remember who. He/she can complain if 255 isn't enough...)
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I'm pretty sure that 255 includes coding, so adding links really eats up the characters.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
kayray

Post by kayray »

TriciaG wrote:I'm pretty sure that 255 includes coding, so adding links really eats up the characters.
Well, just let me know if you want more. It's perfectly easy to change. I think the big gap is caused by the buttons on the right, anyway.
Kara
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
catchpenny

Post by catchpenny »

Yeah, the lack of bolding on admins was discussed as an issue in the admin area. As far as we can tell, all admins cannot get bolded anymore - only a special subset of them.
That's a pity. I like knowing who to contact at a glance. And I second Lucy. Thanks for all you hard work! :clap:

In regards to links opening in a new tab, my mouse has this scroll wheel in between the left and right mouse button. I use that to click on links and get them to open in a new tab.
Anyone can read accurately. [i]I[/i] read with great expression.
bridgester

Post by bridgester »

You can also open a link in a new window by holding down Ctrl while clicking the link.
[url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=3584][color=#b052e7]Bridgester's LV Projects[/color][/url]
ExEmGe

Post by ExEmGe »

TriciaG wrote:I think the big gap is caused by the buttons on the right, anyway.
What buttons? I can only see one
Regards
Andy Minter
ExEmGe

Post by ExEmGe »

TriciaG wrote:
I think the big gap is caused by the buttons on the right, anyway.

AhHa, Another has appeared! I wonder what I need to do to achieve a third
Regards
Andy Minter
Jc

Post by Jc »

ExEmGe wrote:
TriciaG wrote:I think the big gap is caused by the buttons on the right, anyway.
admins have more buttons.
Put yourself in the Readers' Accents Table. See this post.
(Busy real life & traveling, sorry if not here often.)
Jc

Post by Jc »

Replaced all instances of Arial with Verdana.

My, it really does look much better!

Next step. I wanna tackle some of the buttons that are around the post body.

Some have been complaining about the Quote and Edit buttons not being at the top. I was actually thinking of separating them, by putting one at the top and one at the bottom, since admins get confused every once in a while and hit Edit instead of Quote...
Put yourself in the Readers' Accents Table. See this post.
(Busy real life & traveling, sorry if not here often.)
russiandoll

Post by russiandoll »

Jc wrote:Some have been complaining about the Quote and Edit buttons not being at the top. I was actually thinking of separating them, by putting one at the top and one at the bottom, since admins get confused every once in a while and hit Edit instead of Quote...
Sounds good to me.
English is the lingua franca par excellence
libraryanne

Post by libraryanne »

Ooh The Admins online are in purple print at the bottom of the page us peons are in blue... This is looking nicer and nicer....
And the print is easier to read already :clap:

Nice!
catchpenny

Post by catchpenny »

Hey, what are the google [bot] and yahoo [bot]? (Down where it tells you who is logged in)

Also, if there is an option for the color of the headings and junk like that, I vote for green. It really doesn't matter that much, but if we are voting, I like sage green better than sea blue. As evidenced by my room being painted that colour. (That u is so as to be inclusive of the Brits :wink: )
Last edited by catchpenny on November 2nd, 2010, 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anyone can read accurately. [i]I[/i] read with great expression.
kayray

Post by kayray »

catchpenny wrote:Hey, what are the google [bot] and yahoo [bot]? (Down where it tells you who is logged in)
Those are the bots that crawl all over the internet looking for things to put in their search engines and whatnot. This new software marks them specially so they don't count as "active users", etc.
Kara
--------
Guero

Post by Guero »

libraryanne wrote:Ooh The Admins online are in purple print at the bottom of the page us peons are in blue... This is looking nicer and nicer....
I agree. Purple works even better than black. :D

Thank you to those working on responding so quickly to the feedback. Great job! :clap:
John
"...what kind of internal wiring in my grandmother's mind enabled her...To condense fact from the vapor of nuance." -- Neal Stephenson