LibriVox
Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently October 22nd, 2017, 1:20 am

Post Posted:: October 20th, 2017, 11:14 am 

My mother-in-law is gradually losing her eyesight due to macular degeneration. She no longer uses a computer, but does have a talking book player and receives books from the library for the blind in her state. She enjoys the books and appreciates the service a lot, but sometimes wishes more books were available.

There are several LibriVox recordings that I think she would like, but I've only downloaded LibriVox items to an iPad or small MP3 player, which would be impossible for her to use. I would like to download some LibriVox recordings that I think she would enjoy. I don't think this can be done on the type of device that she has. However, I'm wondering if there is any type of MP3 player, CD player, whatever available that I could buy to download books for her, which would have audio instructions for her similar to the machine that she has?

Thank you. :)

“The only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you.”
― W. Somerset Maugham

Marsupial's Books

Post Posted:: October 20th, 2017, 11:37 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

I guess it would depend on what sort of talking book player your mother has, does it support .mp3, ogg or VBR M3U file formats ? All are available from our catalog at archive.org.

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
* The Christmas Hirelings - 7 sections available

Post Posted:: October 20th, 2017, 12:43 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

I don't have personal experience but I do know that a member with a mother in a similar situation used to provide her with audio CDs that she either made herself or brought on eBay . CD's of most LV work are available there at a fairly low price.

Anne