'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » October 20th, 2020, 7:53 pm

Praise received for LenXZ1 (Leonard Wilson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mr. Wilson,

Thank you for taking the time to record The Courtship of Miles Standish! I’ve listened to it several times now and think your voice is perfect for each of the characters. I appreciate your sacrifice to help make such literature available in this wonderful way!

Very best regards,

David

All of Leonard's recordings!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » October 20th, 2020, 7:56 pm

Praise received for Nathan (Nathan) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you, first of all, to librivox for making these books available,

To reader Nathan,

My mother is 91 and nearly blind and very hard of hearing. When I read to her,
even while speaking as loudly as I can, it is a strain for her to hear me.
Your recording of one of our most beloved books, Humility by Andrew Murray, is so very clear and precise,
read at a pace that is easier for her to follow than many audio books.
Thank you for your time and effort.
May you be richly blessed.

Sincerely,
Dot

All of Nathan's recordings!
Ann

tim bulkeley

Post by tim bulkeley » October 20th, 2020, 8:31 pm

icequeen wrote:
October 20th, 2020, 7:31 pm
Praise received for time bulkeley (Tim Bulkeley) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I would so like to thank Tim Bulkeley for his wonderful reading of Walter Hartwright’s part in Wilkie Collins’ The Woman in White. In fact all the readings were done beautifully, making this one of the best listening experiences I’ve ever had. Thank you!!
Jennie

All of Tim's recordings!
Thank you Jennie. This is Barbara Bulkeley here. Letting you know that i really appreciate this. Tim was my husband and very sadly he died unexpectedly on October 31 2019. He really enjoyed this recording and I am so glad to hear it brought you such pleasure. Sincerely, Barbara
Tim Bulkeley

http://stories.org.nz/
Not only Librivox but other works out of copyright in NZ and Canada

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » October 29th, 2020, 8:16 pm

Praise received for Expatriate (Expatriate) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Librivox,

Do please pass on to Expatriate my thanks for his highly enjoyable reading of “The Possessed”, which I have just now finished listening to. It’s a really high-quality reading which I would happily recommend to anyone. I’ve been listening in one hour instalments during my exercise walk here in “locked down” Melbourne, Australia.

For what it’s worth, I have found Librivox a wonderful way of getting re-acquainted with Dostoevsky after a long absence (I’m about to turn 70), and have really enjoyed the Librivox readings of “Crime and Punishment”, “The Brothers Karamazov” and “The Idiot” too. He’s still a remarkably fresh and powerful writer, and I’m so grateful that your volunteers have put such effort into making these works available to someone like me.

With best wishes,

Peter
Melbourne, Australia

All of Expatriate's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » October 29th, 2020, 8:20 pm

Praise received for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Just wanted to thank you for excellent reading of Kidnapped. Really enjoyed. Helped my Corvid walking- cycling ( I mean that have to exercise on own). I felt I was exercising with you and with David balfour and lan Beck etc.

Going to look for another reading of yours now.

Stanley

and...
Thanks to Mark F Smith for his reading of
James Fenimore Cooper's book The Pathfinder
I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Frank
and...
Dear Mark,

Your book “Swiss Family Robinson” was the first book I listened to on Librivox 3 years ago now, and started me off on a wonderful journey. You have an amazing voice and reading ability, and have added immensely to my general health and well-being, and enjoyment of life. Thank you.

Yvonne,

Brisbane, Australia
All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » October 29th, 2020, 8:23 pm

Praise received for johng (John Greenman) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Mr. Greenman, I am not sure if I mentioned it before, but your most excellent reading voice and you skill in using the proper pronunciation and inflection with your voice, makes the audio books that you read a real joy. I do believe I have every audiobook that you have done solo, on my iPod.

Thanks again

Cal

All of John's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » October 29th, 2020, 8:26 pm

Praise received for GordMackenzie (Gord Mackenzie) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you, Mr Mackenzie, for your calm and nicely pitched solo reading of Thoreau's "Walden" - much appreciated.

Douglas

All of Gord's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » October 29th, 2020, 8:29 pm

Praise received for toriasuncle (toriasuncle) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you, Toriasuncle, for making your excellent recording of The Souls of Black Folk. What an amazing book! Thank you for making it so accessible.

Gratefully yours,

John in Woodstock, NY

All of toriasuncle's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » October 29th, 2020, 8:33 pm

Praise received for bgdavid (David Clarke) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mr. Clarke,
Your reading of the Count of Monte Cristo is extraordinary. Actually, words fall short in praising your work. I appreciated it more than I can express. I had begun listening to another version read by various readers. Unfortunately, I could not understand some of the readers because of unintended foreign accents. I searched the web for another reading, since I was intent on "hearing" this Dumas masterpiece, if the Lord willed. I found a completely different site that offered your version. From the first chapter I was delighted, fearing, however, that you would be replaced by another reader at any chapter. But you read all 119 chapters. Thank you for this ineffable gift. It was an enormous joy to listen to every word. Your French accent was perfect to my ears. I am not very familiar with the Italian accent, but yours was consistent and believable. You managed a Spanish accent, I believe, with the Catalans. It amazed me that you could keep the different accents and voices distinct, as you shifted seamlessly from one character to another; that you could convey the sense of every phrase with natural intonation; indicate a female voice with gentleness rather than falsetto, all the while never stumbling upon a word. Thank you for persevering flawlessly through this maze of Dumas's great imagination. A motion picture could not have done this literature the justice you did it. Again, thank you.
Sincerely,
Cecilia
and...
Dear David Clark;
Your genius reading of The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas brought this complex, classic, period piece to life with the dramatic suspense, subtle comedy and all the elements Dumas intended. Your talent made the numerous characters, with their complicated stories, recognizable and captivating.

Thank you ever so much,

Meia
Los Angeles, California
All of David's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » October 29th, 2020, 8:37 pm

Praise received for RuthieG (Ruth Golding) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I just wanted to praise reader Ruth Golding. I love the way she does the different voices. It makes the story so much more interesting. I purposely look for the books, etc that she is reading. And thanks too for the opportunity to listen to books free of charge. Julie
and...
Just wanted to say a HUGE THANK YOU TO RUTH GOLDING for her wonderful narration. Thank you so much for giving up your time. Your narration is a true treasure and does justice to the books. I can’t afford to buy Audiobooks so really rely on Librivox. Audiobooks have helped me through a very difficult time in my life following a tragedy in the family. So thank you Ruth. Please narrate more books!

Liz

All of Ruth's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » October 29th, 2020, 8:40 pm

Praise received for AGSec (Graham Redman) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I love Graham Redman's readings of Saki, esp Reginald and The Chronicles of Clovis (https://librivox.org/the-chronicles-of-clovis-by-saki/). The dry tone is just perfect and he copes with Saki's long, complicated sentences wonderfully.

Bruce

All of Graham's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » October 29th, 2020, 8:42 pm

Praise received for beeber (Bruce Pirie) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I set up a monthly donation to Librivox after hearing only two books read by Bruce Piri. His voice and performance quality and general audio quality is exceptional. And if that wasn't enough, I also find that he has recorded exactly the kind of fiction I prefer. And so I choose the next book by browzing Bruce Piri's readings. I've heard George Eliot, Ralph Connor, Thomas Hardy, several by Dostoyevsky, all of Balzac. I have no idea how many I have heard so far and are all beyond excellent. In these days of COVID19 lockdown, this has been a life saver.

Thank you, Librivox and thank you, Bruce Piri!

Nicola

All of Bruce's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » October 29th, 2020, 8:47 pm

Praise received for Sibella (Sibella Denton) and gloriana (Elizabeth Klett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I would kikpe to extend the general thans I sent to librivox, to theese 2 reades specially. Sibella Denton and Elisabeth Keltt,
Your readings are such joy. thank you.
The first audiobook I read was de Lady in a Farm in Manitoba, and Cransford. then Portrai of a Lady and many others. noy I am leaving the last chapters of Persuasion for tomorrow after my eye treatmen. A treat for me. Thean you
I have received much happines from this app, and want to thak all whweo made it possible for me and my mother to hear your readings.
we live in Venezuel and these are hard times. sometimes we download the books and listen to them when we go to the farrm where there is no electricity.
My mom is 85 and has enjoyed books in english and spanish and french... just when she is tired or feels alone.
I have enjoyed many books also. I used to have a prerect eyesight. Since last week i have partially lost my eyesight and am preparing for eye injections or even surgery. I can no now read what I am writing to you, surely it will be spoiled by typing mistakes. but it is a relief to know in dark hours there are people like you to help us.
than you,
Ana Teresa

All of Sibella's recordings!
All of Elizabeth's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » October 29th, 2020, 8:51 pm

tim bulkeley wrote:
October 20th, 2020, 8:31 pm
icequeen wrote:
October 20th, 2020, 7:31 pm
Praise received for time bulkeley (Tim Bulkeley) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I would so like to thank Tim Bulkeley for his wonderful reading of Walter Hartwright’s part in Wilkie Collins’ The Woman in White. In fact all the readings were done beautifully, making this one of the best listening experiences I’ve ever had. Thank you!!
Jennie

All of Tim's recordings!
Thank you Jennie. This is Barbara Bulkeley here. Letting you know that i really appreciate this. Tim was my husband and very sadly he died unexpectedly on October 31 2019. He really enjoyed this recording and I am so glad to hear it brought you such pleasure. Sincerely, Barbara
I passed your note on for you, Barbara! Thank you!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » November 10th, 2020, 8:17 pm

Praise received for Delmar H Dolbier (Delmar H Dolbier) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Good day,
I am a student currently studying the SMS Emden and would like to thank you, Mr. Dolbier, for your clear and engaging reading of the short text 'Emden at Panang'.
Thanks again and I hope you are and remain in good health.

-Aiden

All of Delmar's recordings!
Ann