'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » October 12th, 2020, 7:17 pm

Praise received for LikeManyWaters (LikeManyWaters) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Your reading of Grace Livingston Hill's "The Unwilling Guest" is very fine, but I particularly liked where you broke into song! Even though I enjoy singing, I'm hesitant to do it in a reading! You did a fine job; it surprised and delighted my heart.

Thanks for all your hard work!

George

All of LikeManyWaters' recordings!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » October 12th, 2020, 7:19 pm

Praise received for Claire (Lee Ann Howlett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I really enjoyed listening to you read "The Mystery of Mary." Your use of your vocal variety enhances the pleasure of listeners and builds the pictures conveyed by the author.

I've often thought of contributing by reading and am challenged by your fine work. Thanks so much! [No reply expected]

George

All of Lee Ann's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » October 12th, 2020, 7:21 pm

Praise received for rkeiper (Robert Keiper) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mr. Keiper,

I am listening to Les Miserables, and I find myself getting excited when I realize I'm about to hear one of your sections! You are the perfect voice for Monsieur Gillenormand; you capture the mean-spirited elan of this irascible yet lovable old man so beautifully. After listening to the chapter where he insults Marius and then is heartbroken when his grandson leaves, I was almost in tears. Thank you for bringing to life such a wonderful character in a wonderful story.

Sincerely,

Lesley

All of Robert's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » October 12th, 2020, 7:27 pm

Praise received for gloriana (Elizabeth Klett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Elizabeth Klett
I finished listening to" Jane Eyre", Version 2,, read by you, and it was total pleasure, not only because the novel is one of the best classics I have ever read (or rather listened to in this case), but also due to your excellent voice, including the impersonations and inflections used for some main characters, specially Mr Rochester.
I have listened to some other works and usually don't like heavy dramatizations, as I am not listening to a radio drama but intend to read/listen to a novel, but your mild degree of voice inflection was just the right degree and very helpful in better feeling the exquisite work of Charlotte Bronte.
The speed of reading was also very good and your voice is beautiful.
All in all it was a great experience and I felt my duty to express my sincere gratitude.
Mohammad
Montreal
Canada
and...
Elizabeth Klett's readings of Northanger Abbey and Persuasion by Jane Austen are outstanding!!!
and...
Hello,

I want to say a big Thanks! To Elizabeth Klett for reading of Jane Eyre (version 2, yet is says version 3 in link and in download). It was such a pleasure to hear a so well read book. Her voice transported me into the world and characters of Jane Eyre like magic. Every character was read perfectly, it was easy to see and imagine them all as distinct personalities. I bow my head to such a professionally done job.

Best wishes from Lithuania,

Silvija

All of Elizabeth's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » October 12th, 2020, 7:31 pm

Praise received for jenny (Jenny Lundak) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Grandma Jenny, I would like to thank you for taking the time to read books for LibriVox. We have enjoyed having you read Five Children and It to us. My son loves to sit down and have Grandma Jenny read to him. When we were listening to the Wizard of Oz his eyes lit up when he heard you. Then said, "That's Grandma Jenny!" I had no problem, getting him to come listen to your stories.

Thanks!

Paula

All of Jenny's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » October 12th, 2020, 7:33 pm

Praise received for Ralph Snelson (Ralph Snelson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I recently underwent major eye surgery and was forbidden from reading and had forced immobility.

Librivox has been an incredible blessing through this time and I am thankful for the wonderful service you offer.

It is some years since I read the works of Edgar Rice Burroughs and I listened to many, particularly the Tarzan novels. I wanted to thank a gentleman called 'Ralph Snelson' if that is the correct spelling. I heard Mr Snelson mention 'Springer, Utah' so I presume that is where he lives.

Mr Snelson made the novels come alive and I found his enthusiasm infectious. He helped me to lose myself in each novel and helped me to get through a horrendously difficult and painful time.

Please thank him.

Kindest regards and best wishes

Simon

[url=https://librivox.org/reader/2140]All of Ralph's recordings![/url=]
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » October 12th, 2020, 7:37 pm

Praise received for cadam10e (Cheryl Adam) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello,

I just finished listening to The Clock Strikes Thirteen by Mildred Wirt Benson and I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed your reading of the book. You have a great talent for delivering the narrative in such a way as to make it very enjoyable for the listener. Using the different character voices added to the enjoyment.

I know it takes much time and effort to read a book for Librivox and I wanted to thank you personally for giving of your talent in this way. It is much appreciated by those of us who are the beneficiaries of your generosity. Thank you.

Kindest regards,

Effie
and...
I wish to thank the reader of the Mildred Wirt Benson aka (Carolyn keene) books. And I am waiting with bated breath for her to start reading the NANCY DREW SERIES. Could you please let me know when theses will be available for listening?
Again thank you so very much to this women with a wonderful reading voice.

Kar

All of Cheryl's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » October 12th, 2020, 7:44 pm

Praise received for John (John Nicholson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi John,

Just a quick line to thank you for your excellent readings of H. Rider-
Haggard's "King Solomon's Mines" and "Allan Quartermain".

Cheers, Jim

All of John's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » October 12th, 2020, 7:46 pm

Praise received for Manders375 (Manders375) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello!

I want to compliment you on the clear and engaging reading you gave of a chapter in W.W. Bryant's A History of Astronomy. I have just submitted a chapter of this book to Librivox. I am glad I did so before listening to your reading, which "eclipses" my own, if I can use a scientific term. This book was not an easy one to narrate but it was an enjoyable and fruitful challenge for me. You are an excellent narrator and I look forward to seeing more of your work on Librivox!

Richard

All of Manders375's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » October 12th, 2020, 7:55 pm

Praise received for icequeen (Ann Boulais) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Just a very short word this day, Wednesday 23 September 2020, Memorial of Saint Pio of Pietreclcina, to say a very BIG THANK YOU to the entire Crew of 'librivox' who have made the AUDIO version of the Volumes of MYSTICAL CITY of GOD available to lazy blokes like us who all along have always found excuse for not READING pertinent Literature that galvanises our Catholic Faith. God bless all of you in ALL YOUR NEEDS of Soul and Body.
I just ran into info on Book 1,and found this page to say my THANK YOU before continuing to find out if BOOKS 2,3,and 4 are also already in AUDIO.
May Jesus and His Mother, Mary, keep all of us !
Marcus, 23.9.2020.
--
Marcus
All of Ann's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » October 12th, 2020, 7:59 pm

Praise received for Ponyfeathers (Caitlin Kelly) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
reading Wives and daughters =Thousands thanks for a perfect reading! Splendid , perfect reading , one of the best , a pleasure to listen , Thank you , thank you !

All of Caitlin's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » October 12th, 2020, 8:05 pm

Praise received for Mermaid (Mil Nicholson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
When I decided to listen to Barnaby Rudge while recuperating from an operation, I wasn’t sure about a woman reader doing men’s voices well but was surprised and delighted at all the many voices Mil did so well and their characters really came to life. Mil did it so well I am now starting Bleak House and look forward to more of her recordings.

Thank you so much,

Karen

All of Mil's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » October 12th, 2020, 8:08 pm

Praise received for Sailorman (Peter Kelleher) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I'm listening to recording done by Peter Kelleher for the second time, and would like to say that I absolutely love his work. He's my favorite reader on libreVox. I don't have any problems with navy terms and outdated vocabulary despite English not being my first language. I discovered J. Conrad's books thanks to this awesome reader. I love that he emphasizes the words and dialogue but not so much that it becomes distructing. Huge thanks to Peter Kelleher. He's amazing.

--
Maria

All of Peter's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » October 12th, 2020, 8:11 pm

Praise received for wdavidbaldwin (David Baldwin) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi Librivox

Below is a message of thanks for David Baldwin
(https://librivox.org/reader/4010)

Thank you David for your reading of Unspoken Sermons by George
Macdonald (https://librivox.org/unspoken-sermons-by-george-macdonald).
I have found these to be so valuable, although I find that the
sentences are sometimes not easy to parse, even when looking at the
printed page. So to be able to convey the meaning in a reading, which
you do amazingly well, is quite an accomplishment!

Thanks again

P

All of David's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » October 12th, 2020, 8:14 pm

Praise received for mightyfelix (Devorah Allen) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi Librivox

Below is a message of thanks for Devorah Allen
(https://librivox.org/sections/readers/11084)

Thank you Devorah for your reading of Donal Grant by George Macdonald
(https://librivox.org/donal-grant-by-george-macdonald) and also some
of my favourite chapters in Sir Gibbie
(https://librivox.org/sir-gibbie-by-george-macdonald).

These are among the most beautiful books I know, and to have your
excellent reading of them is a double bonus.

Thanks again

P
and...

Hello Devorah,
I have just begun the story, “Malcolm”, by George MacDonald. 2 minutes in and I was in awe. Your voice, recording, accent, everything about your reading is incredibly wonderful!
Thank you so very much for taking the time to read. I enjoy G. MacDonald’s writings so very much. I have attempted to listen to some audio’s that are not solo and sometimes cannot finish listening. Most of the time it is because of the audio quality. Some recordings have a hum, “ringing” noise, or a heaviness (?), it is so painful to listen to. I will usually look on Gutenberg Press to read the chapters that hurt my ears and head and finish a book or chapter that way. However, G. MacDonald is hard to read! I have Scottish ancestry, but reading the “brogue” is so difficult.
You are a joy to listen to, Thanks again! Penny

All of Devorah's recordings!
Ann