'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » September 15th, 2020, 7:24 pm

Praise received for joyfuljenilee (Jenilee) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you so much for reading Utopia

All of Jenilee's recordings!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » September 15th, 2020, 7:29 pm

Praise received for bgdavid (David Clarke) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
https://librivox.org/the-count-of-monte-cristo-version-3-by-alexandre-dumas/

Mr. Clarke:

I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed your reading of The Count of Monte Cristo. You made it come alive! What I had feared might turn out to be dull was anything but, and I believe it was as much your reading as it was Dumas' storytelling. The different, distinguishable and consistent voicing of each character was amazing. Thank you for investing so many hours of your time to afford me a fantastic literary experience.

Sincerely,

Steve
Madison, WIsconsin
and...
Dear Sir,

Im not sure if my public review will be seen, but I wanted to send you pretty much what I wrote (along these lines - I don't remember too well)

The beauty of story telling - it is a combination of a captivating story and imaginative, riveting narration. David Clarke has perfected this art as he invites you into the settings- as you "watch and listen to the dialogues" not as a voyeur, but as one in the same room as the characters, short of you participating in the conversation. Through David you are drawn, no, pulled by the scent of the humid prison cells, the beautiful flowers in the grandest palaces, then catapulted to feel the sorrows and joys of the characters. As the Englishman, the Italian abbey, the Frenchman, David will entrance you and transport you to a far away place and time, with references to Roman, Greek, mythology and European history. Story telling at its best, thank you David Clarke.

That wa the review on my iphone I have been trying to send but doesn't seem to go out.

In any case, I found out there are 2 more books sequential to MOnte Cristo - would you please read them for us? I am sure your followers will be delighted! Please? And if not those, how about Don Quixote? Please?

Again, thank you David, Thank you Librivox.

Pamela

All of David's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » September 15th, 2020, 7:34 pm

Praise received for Adrian (Adrian Praetzellis) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi there,

I just wanted to pass on my sincere gratitude to Adrian Praetzellis for his reading of this book: https://librivox.org/my-first-summer-in-the-sierra-by-john-muir/

It was a wonderful experience listening to Muir's marvellous words so expertly and thoughtfully read.

Cheers!

Joe

All of Adrian's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » September 15th, 2020, 7:38 pm

Praise received for pnagami (Pamela Nagami) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello,

I simply adore listening to history books read by Pamela Nagami, her voice is so incredibly soothing and clear. She also does a wondrous job with foreign pronunciations. She has read so many great titles, I just wanted to drop a line to express my appreciation.

Thanks,

Aaron

and...
Thank you for reading "The Age of the Condottieri: A Short History of Mediaeval Italy from 1409-1530".
I am legally blind and listening to books is the only pleasure reading that I am able to do. You ROCK!

All of Pamela's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » September 15th, 2020, 7:45 pm

Praise received for Peter Why (Peter Yearsley) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Peter,

Thank you so much for giving the gift of your wonderful, gentle, soothing voice . . . for free!

I'm enjoying Sadhana, The Realisation of Life, version 2 so much.

Last night I was hoping another of your readings,The 4th Dimension, featured on ineedtosleepnow.com and https://www.youtube.com/c/PureAudiobookASMR/videos would put me to sleep, but it was too fascinating! I was also very impressed with its smooth, even narration in which it seems as if you never even seem to need to swallow or take a breath (though I guess that may be a result of great editing).

Thanks again -- there doesn't seem to be much uplifting audio with narration that I like, and I'm very grateful.

Yours,

Vimala (Vimmi)
California
and...
Thank you for reading the Song of Hiawatha so beautifully You have a pleasant voice and interpret the text with sensitivity. This is a poem which particularly benefits from being heard rather than read on the page, I think and I am greatly enjoying getting to know it through your recording.

Peter

All of Peter's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » September 15th, 2020, 7:47 pm

Praise received for kri (Kristin LeMoine) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I wished to thank Kristin LeMoine for her reading of The Rime of the Ancient Mariner: You have a very lovely voice and reading style-enough emotion to keep the listener engaged, but not so much as to hinder the reading of the text or otherwise give the impression of "over-acting". When I learned I was meant to listen to a 30-minute long poem for my English class, I was less than hopeful for any sort of enjoyment or pleasure, but your reading certainly improved the experience. Thank you, and I wish you well.

All of Kristin's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » September 15th, 2020, 7:52 pm

Praise received for neecheelok70 (Jim Locke) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
To the reader / editor of:
https://librivox.org/the-life-of-washington-volume-5-by-john-james-marshall/

I just wanted to shoot you a quick message to say thanks so much! I’ve been watching and waiting for the 5 volumes of this series to be complete since back when you guys were working on Vol 2. I’ve recently begun reading presidential biographies, as well as listening to them, and wanted you to know how much I appreciate your willingness and skills to record these audiobooks. I’m planning an upcoming trip to Mt. Vernon, so know that at least one person who has now downloaded the full set is deeply appreciative.

You’re the best! Keep up the awesome and dedicated work!

-Seth

All of Jim's recordings!
Ann

neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 » September 15th, 2020, 8:30 pm

Thank you very much! It has become such a wonderful part of my life: so many wonderful books and so many wonderful people to work with. Yours, Jim

sirjoh

Post by sirjoh » September 16th, 2020, 12:17 am

Caro Alvaro

Il suo apprezzamento mi fa molto piacere e sono felice di sapere che anche nel mondo lusitano si apprezzi Leopardi che, insieme a Dante, è il più grande poeta italiano.

Cordialmente

Sergio Baldelli
icequeen wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 6:50 pm
Praise received for sirjoh (Sergio Baldelli) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Carissimo Sergio,

La tua lettura dei Canti di Leopardi è molto commovente.

Scusatemi, non so parlare italiano. Tuttavia, volevo ascoltare l'originale durante la lettura della traduzione portoghese.

Mille grazie per il tuo dono generoso all'umanità. Anche Leopardi ti ringrazierebbe.

Cordiali saluti,

Alvaro

All of Sergio's recordings!
Πάντα ῥεῖ

ZackPreston

Post by ZackPreston » September 25th, 2020, 7:33 pm

icequeen wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 8:46 pm
Praise received for ChrisMS (Christopher Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi,

I would like to thank Christopher Smith for the recording of ‘Abide in Christ’ by Andrew Murray! It was an encouraging book, and the reading was superb!

https://librivox.org/abide-in-christ-by-andrew-murray/

Sincerely,
Kreston

and...
Warm greetings from Tanzania..

I would like to thank Christopher Smith for his dedication and hard work reading Andrew Murray. I’ve listened to over 20 hours and still going strong!
By now his voice IS Andrew Murray’s .. listening to another audio doesn’t seem to sit right!

Having said that, you have a lady reader of Absolute Surrender (Asian name from memory) who does a great job. Please encourage her to do more!

Every blessing,
David
and...
Dear Christopher,

Thankyou so much for making the Audio for Abiding in Christ by Andrew Murray.
I was so delighted to find it on you tube and love not only listening to you reading it, but also I read along in my own copy, whilst listening to the audio.

I wonder if the book also has such a deep meaning to you as it does to me?

Again thankyou for giving your time to do this recording, I am blessed by it.

Kind Regards
Elsa

All of Christopher's recordings!
My impetuous for joining the forum was actually to share in a hearty thanks, exactly like this one, for Christopher Smith. Reading these, it tickles my soul that such like minded listeners are out there. I'm nodding along with all of the comments but, especially, "By now his voice IS Andrew Murray’s."

A colleague and I were talking about old English works not too long ago and I was gushing over how Christopher renders it with such natural grace. The awkwardness so easily in the way for someone like myself with English of yore instead flows with bucolic ease whilst Murray's earnestness is made palpable.

I've listened to "Abide in Christ" a few times over the past couple years and have been working through the rest of Christopher's recordings. "Divine Healing" is an attention getter. I didn't think I'd be into it as I'm not seeking healing, specifically, but of course if one needs Jesus, and I do, then I need the Physician in Luke 5:31 as well.

So happy I found this post with recent praise for Christopher's blessed work!

Zack

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » October 2nd, 2020, 7:40 pm

Praise received for ogus (Anthony Ogus) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thanks Anthony Ogus for his pleasant, professional and precise reading of Anthony Trollope's short novel "Alice Dugdale" (https://librivox.org/alice-dugdale-by-anthony-trollope/ ). I enjoyed the book and the reading very much. I highly recommend it to those who enjoy the genre (Victorian literature)

All of Anthony's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » October 2nd, 2020, 7:42 pm

Praise received for katbrat (Kat Andrews) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thanks to Kat Andrews to her pleasant, professional and precise reading of some of the chapters of Margaret Oliphant's virtually unknown novel "A House Divided Against Itself ( https://librivox.org/a-house-divided-against-itself-by-margaret-o-oliphant/. The novel is a gem and I highly recommend it to lovers of Austen, the Bronte's and Trollope.

All of Kat's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » October 2nd, 2020, 7:47 pm

Praise received for sjmarky (Mark Nelson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I appreciate Mark Nelson (reader of Crime and Punishment). As one who English is her second language, I did not have any problem in listening and realy enjoy his reading.It was not just reading but playing the text like a drama. Thank you Mark .

and...
https://librivox.org/the-colors-of-space-by-marion-zimmer-bradley-2/

https://librivox.org/reader/251

Hi Mark.

Thankyou for the great readings. Through these you have made a positive
impact on my life.

Thanks again.

Gav.

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » October 2nd, 2020, 7:49 pm

Praise received for Quinkish (Rachel Lintern) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Ms Lintern,

Just a word of appreciation for your lovely reading of Under The Greenwood Tree. It's one of my favourite novels, and you read it beautifully, never missing the humour,

Thank you so much,
Liz

All of Rachel's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » October 2nd, 2020, 7:51 pm

Praise received for fbtoast (Nicole Lee) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
To Nicole Lee

Dear Nicole

Almost aged 68, I am overjoyed to have “discovered” the priceless treasure of Samuel Pepys’ Diaries are available but even more so that you have taken so much care to read them and create an audio version so that people like me can just listen.

I have only listened to the 12 months of 1660 but tomorrow will start 1661.

Absolutely fascinating. Thank you very much indeed

My big question is why this hugely significant works was omitted from my formal education!

Kind Regards

Philip

All of Nicole's recordings!
Ann