'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » July 22nd, 2020, 9:12 pm

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I recently finished listening to your outstanding reading of Jane Austen’s Mansfield Park (https://librivox.org/mansfield-park-by-jane-austen-version-2/), and just wanted to express my gratitude for your having made this freely available on Librivox. I generally download audiobooks from Overdrive through my local library, but Jane Austen titles are popular and generally have a waiting list. I am delighted that you have done some entire books solo -- including 4 Jane Austen novels -- and that now I can keep them to listen to any time I want to. I look forward to hearing to more of your work.
Thank you so much!
--Joan
and...
Ms. Karen Savage,

I love your reading of Pride and Prejudice. I used to read a lot, but
it's getting harder as I get older. I just discovered P&P on YouTube
and listened. I didn't realize how much fun listening to books could
be! I found your LibriVox page and am now into Persuasion. I will be
listening to all your Jane Austen books, and will then move on to other
classics. Your voice is so clear and easy to understand, and I love
your accent!

I also donated to LibriVox, of course!

Thanks so much!

Becky
Dallas, TX
and...
Good morning, Miss. Savage,

I want to thank you for your beautiful reading of many of the Anne of Green Gables Series. I really wish you had done a reading of all of them...did I miss some of them? So far I heard all your readings except for "Anne of Windy Poplars" which was painful to hear being read by another reader. I am now going through and listening to "Anne's House of Dreams".

The hard wok and the sacrifice time you put in is very well appreciated, you have brought joy to me and to countless others.

God bless you,
Shpresa

All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » July 22nd, 2020, 9:16 pm

Praise received for 2peltons (Mike Pelton) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his reading of the short story A Change of Treatment:
I would like to thank you for this story, it was read so well. I wish you would do more of W.W. Jacobs' stories.

All of Mike's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » July 22nd, 2020, 9:19 pm

Praise received for ChipDoc (Chip) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Chip,

I thoroughly enjoyed your reading of “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.” I had never read it before, I’m embarrassed to admit since I am an English professor! But seeing the film of the same title, produced by Tim Burton, motivated me to read the story, and your audio recording was the perfect way to do so. You have a very nice voice, and your reading succeeded in capturing the subtle underlying humor throughout the story. I will look for more of your recordings to listen to.

Thank you and all the best,

Elizabeth

All of Chip's recordings!
Ann