'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Bernard (Bernard) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Bonjour,

Vous avez une très belle voix.

Merci beaucoup!

J’apprends le français

et j’ai téléchargé “La comédie Humaine, scènes de la vie privée “.

Encore un grand merci.

C’est super!

Fabienne

All of Bernard's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for usaeagle (Jonathan Burchard) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
More Penrod Please. Hello Jonathan Burchard. We were wondering if you have any plans on recording the third Penrod book titled Penrod Jashber in audio book form? My family and I loved your first two Penrod audiobooks and would appreciate it if you would polish off the third one as well. Thank you. If somebody else would do it it would be a crime.

Thank you.

Shane & Roxanne

All of Jonathan's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for aurore (Emily Jarmard) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Here's five stars to Emily Jarmard for her solo reading of Shepherd of the Hills,

https://librivox.org/the-shepherd-of-the-hills-by-harold-bell-wright/

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed listening to it a while back, and her masterful reading brought the story to life. Unforgettable, looking forward to listening again sometime.

Thank you Emily Jarmard.

Sincerely

Michael

All of Emily's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Lynnet (Lynne T.) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I would like to thank Lynne T. for her reading of Fall River Tragedy - I felt that I was right in the midst of what happened

All of Lynne's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Adrian (Adrian Praetzellis) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello,

I've created my account on Librivox but I'm not familiar with the forum and all the rest. I posted a "thank you message" but it seems to me it's in the wrong thread. I'll figure it out, meanwhile, I send here my message to thank a reader.

Just a few words to express my gratitude to Adrian Praetzellis for all his readings. In these days I can't stop listening to my favourite "Yiddish tales" again and again (yes, I've found my own favorite tales). Some stories make me smile, other make me sad but they all make me think and learn. I've also listened to Siddharta and have just started The king of Schnorrers. Can't wait to listen more of your readings.

Tuva

All of Adrian's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for mitteldorf (Josh Mitteldorf) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Josh,

I've been listening to Evelyn Underhill's The Column of Dust which you recorded for Librivox, and have thought again and again how very well you bring it to life, give voice to the various characters, and generally delight the listener. Thank you so much for your time and work in making this recording, and for the enjoyment and edification it is giving me!

I've been a fan of Evelyn Underhill for some decades now and have read most of what she wrote, some of it over and over. I was aware of this early novel, but had never actually come across it, and wasn't quite prepared for how much I'd enjoy it. I keep thinking of her, writing this at such a young age, already possessed of so much wisdom as well as imagination!

Many thanks.

Virginia

All of Josh's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Termin Dylan (Termin Dylan) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thanks for wonderful reading of moon and sixpence. Definitely professional

All of Termin's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Hawden (Alan Chant) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Title Sailing Alone Around The World

Link: https://librivox.bookdesign.biz/book/1034

I have just finished listening to this wonderful tale.

The author's descriptions are delightful, rarely prosaic, often poetic and sometimes peppered with mischievous deadpan humour. The whole journey, no matter what it is that he is keenly observing and describing, is totally engrossing.

The reader, by including the cries of the gulls at the beginning and end of each chapter, adds a gentle flourish of which I am sure Mr Slocum himself would have approved.

I cannot improve on the 8 reviews currently on the site which uniformly praise the book and the superb reading by Mr Chant.
He reads it all with a light touch, allowing the authors words full rein to speak for themselves. Masterful.

regards
Mike

All of Alan's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

icequeen wrote: March 19th, 2020, 8:31 pm Praise received for usaeagle (Jonathan Burchard) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
More Penrod Please. Hello Jonathan Burchard. We were wondering if you have any plans on recording the third Penrod book titled Penrod Jashber in audio book form? My family and I loved your first two Penrod audiobooks and would appreciate it if you would polish off the third one as well. Thank you. If somebody else would do it it would be a crime.

Thank you.

Shane & Roxanne

All of Jonathan's recordings!
Penrod Jashber was published in 1929, so it's not PD until Jan 1, 2025.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Ah-ha! I will let that person know! Thanks Tricia!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bart (Bart de Leeuw) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Beste meneer de Leeuw,

Ik heb genoten van het boek 20.000 Mijlen onder Zee van Jules Verne welke door u prachtig is voorgelezen en ik wil u hiervoor complimenteren en danken voor uw inzet.

Met vriendelijke groet,
Richard

https://librivox.org/20-000-mijlen-onder-zee-by-jules-verne/

All of Bart's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for dave7 (dave7) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his recording of The Wonder Worker of Padua:
Thank you for having read the story. I loved it. May God bless you for your hard work. I love your voice. Greetings from Argentina

Ana María

All of dave7's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for cleogirl (Cate Barratt) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Ms Barrett, Thank you so very, very much for reading to me! I just finished the Holladay Case. I love all your different tones and your soothing voice! I have heard other books you’ve also done. I hope you will continue to record solo books.
My sincere appreciation and thanks,
Lynn

All of Cate's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for all the readers of Dracula (version 2) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Sir./ Madam,

I have some technical difficulties with the forum, will you post this for me at the forum and feel free to give my email address to the readers of Dracula version 2, https://librivox.org/dracula-version-2-by-bram-stoker/

Thank you very much! Please see the thank you message below:

My name is Xiao, I started to listen to Librivox in 2011, when I moved to U.S.A. from China to attend law school. Initially I used Librivox as a way to help me improve my English. After graduation, I became a lawyer and started to spend pretty much all my time awake working in front of my computer, which really strained my eyes, adding to my already rather thick glasses. I always loved reading and did not want to stop, so instead of reading, I started to listen to Librivox regularly as a part of my life.

I soon found that if I look up one book that I love (that I read in Chinese many years ago), the reader for that book would also have many other books under his or her name that I also love. I feel like I come to know these readers and become friends with them. Although they don’t know my existence, I listen to their voices as we relive the moments in the books, they in a way recommend me books that I would also like, and, after all, I know them well since I know all the books that they love enough to read and share with everyone else. We are pen friends who never really communicated to each other.

I came across Denny Sayers this way recently as I listened to the book Dracula where he read as Dr. Seward. He did such a magnificent job to present a live Dr. Seward in front of me. The way he read the madman Renfield, is really insane. I loved it. I looked up Denny Sayers when I completed listening to Dracula, and was happy to found out he also read many books that I read over and over again countless time in Chinese as a little kid, like Robinson Crusoe and Alice in Wonderland. I also found that some of the books he read together with other readers are already in my favorite list including the Wind in the Willows and Hans Anderson.

I clicked into his page and started to mark books favorite on my cellphone APP, just like what I would normally do when I found a great reader I love. Then, I noticed there was a “d. 2015” next to his name.

Upon entering his name in Google, I found a Librivox forum post that Denny Slayers died in 2015. It was a shock to me. For a few hours I was occupied by a sad sensation. I wept a little as I read through other readers' reply under the April 2015 post. I listened to his voice as if he was conversing with me real time. I have just made a friend when I realized my friend already passed away five years ago. I will never really get to know my friend.

Thank you, Elizabeth Klett (I looked up one of my favorite books Jane Eyre, which led me to your page. I listened to almost all books you read. You led me to Dracula). Thank you, mb, Arielle Lipshaw, Eric Zetterlund, Brett W. Downey, Kara Shallenberg, Chuck Burke, Katalina Watt, Robert B., Availle, Rismyth, Lucy Perry, Dee Wyckoff, David Lawrence, Robert B., Nadine Eckert-Boulet. I don't know where you are, are you still walking on the earth or looking down at us in heaven together with Denny Slayers. Although you don’t know me, me and many others regard you as our close friends.

May peace be with you, Denny Sayers.

Xiao
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Sailorman (Peter Kelleher) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello Peter Kelleher
I am at present listening to ‘Dog Watches at Sea by Stanton H King and read by you.

Enjoying it very much and your voice reminds me of one of my favourite actors-Walter Matthau (at least I think it’s him).

Or, maybe it’s just the accent as I am in Melbourne Australia and not so familiar with all the USA accents (in spite of a lifetime of American tv) ... ??? Canadian - I give up.

I am housebound with various injuries and a good book with a good reader makes my life a whole lot better.

So thank you and keep going!

Linda

All of Peter's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!