'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » January 8th, 2020, 9:37 pm

Praise received for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello,
I have listened to Mark Smith of Simpsonville SC read Sherlock Holmes Adventure stories.. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to Mark describe the adventure stories .. his engaging tone and clear and crisp pronunciation makes for a truly enthralling experience, we are driving to Mumbai tomorrow and my younger son specifically asked for Mark's recordings to make our journey shorter !

I cannot thank him enough for the wonderful service he has performed for all of us readers !

Regards,
-Shashank

and...
Good afternoon Mr. Smith,

Just wanted to thank you for your excellent reading of Ben-Hur, A Tale of the Christ. I enjoyed it to the very last chapter and your smooth, clear reading was a huge part of my enjoyment!

Kathy – British Columbia, Canada
and...
Thank you mr smith for your enjoyable reading of three musketeers. albert

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » January 8th, 2020, 9:40 pm

Praise received for ForEmma (J L Raimundo) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I want to thank J L Raimundo for her reading of The Sovereignty of God. Her reading is enthusiastic and the words and meaning of this book have become alive in my heart..Thanks

Jim

All of J L's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » January 8th, 2020, 9:44 pm

Praise received for ChrisMS (Christopher Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I am almost done listening to the entire series of audio files for The
History of the Reformation of the 16th Century, the reader being
Christopher Smith. His reading is superb, with enough expression but not
too much. Listening to this is wonderful recreation, so much better
than television could ever be, especially since I'm in my upper 70's
and have little stamina.

Mary
Wolaitta-Soddo Ethiopia
and...
Please pass on a huge Thank you to Christopher Smith for reading several Andrew Murray books. I came across this author about a year ago on librivox and I have been so immensely challenged and encouraged by the truths expounded in his books. I keep going back to A. Murray's books for meditation and life.
Thank you for taking the time to share on librivox.

Sincerely,
All of Christopher's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » January 8th, 2020, 9:48 pm

Praise received for tux753 (Tux) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hola,

Tenía pendiente hace muchos años leer a Alvar Nuñez Cabeza de Vaca, me daba pereza, pero con los audios se me ha hecho muy ameno y ahora estoy con Comentarios, muchas gracias,

Un saludo

Miguel

All of Tux's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » January 8th, 2020, 9:51 pm

Praise received for Alondra (Sandra Cullum) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello,

I’d like to thank you for your excellent and hugely enjoyable reading of “John Thorndyke’s Cases” which I’ve just finished. Now that I’ve reached 70, I find that my eyes tire quickly and I use talking books a lot for entertainment. I think it’s brilliant that you and so many others are willing to give up your time to perform such a valuable service.

Thank you again, and very best wishes for Christmas and 2020.

Regards,

Douglas

(Shetland)

All of Sandra's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » January 8th, 2020, 9:55 pm

Praise received for johng (John Greenman) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear John,

i have really been enjoying your reading of Roughing It. When I shared it with my roommate who listening to an Audible release of Innocents Abroad, she asked me to help her get your version because she liked it better.

Best wishes for the holidays,
John

All of John's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » January 8th, 2020, 10:00 pm

Praise received for Mermaid (Mil Nicholson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you for the terrific reading of Dickens’ “Bleak House” (https://librivox.org/bleak-house-by-charles-dickens-2/)! I listen to an hour’s worth of chapters each time I walk my dog, and when a chapter is interrupted I simply start from the beginning again. I’ll probably listen to the whole thing from the beginning when I reach the end. You keep all the characters well differentiated… it’s a great pleasure.
—Mary

All of Mil's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » January 8th, 2020, 10:05 pm

Praise received for dii (Diana Majlinger) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding her recording of The Science of Getting Rich:
Diana,

Thank you so much for taking your free time to educate the rest of us. You have a very pleasant, nice voice and I appreciate your work. Best wishes to you.

Dan

All of Diana's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » January 8th, 2020, 10:08 pm

Praise received for gloriana (Elizabeth Klett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you, Elizabeth, for sharing your great talent on Librivox! Your voice is my absolute favorite on the site. — Warm wishes, Ellen

All of Elizabeth's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » January 8th, 2020, 10:16 pm

Praise received for RuthieG (Ruth Golding) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Ms. Goldberg,

You did a marvelous reading of "Diary of a dead officer," but, golly, it was disturbing. I am glad that I now know more about WW I, but it's just so sad to hear about the useless suffering and death of the soldiers, and the idiocy of the military brass.

My mother (b. 1914), said that one of her uncles came back from WW I with trench foot, was thereafter sickly, and died in his early 20s.

After that book I listened to your rendition of the P.T. Barnum book - an interesting curiosity, and read with great expression. He is clearly speaking almost exclusively to men, but then, those were the days.

Thank you for your many hours of work with LibriVox.

--Mollie
Los Angeles
and...
This is the joy of Librivox: you have some readers who are just flat-out marvelous – either they’re well suited to certain authors or they can read ANYTHING and make it intelligible and engaging. One of this sort is Ruth Golding, who I just discovered with “The Story of Electricity” by Munro. I’m now exploring other works she has read. Who cannot admire her flawless pronunciation and her steady, even tone, chapter after chapter? Eminently listenable, this woman is gifted. I will now discover new authors and read (listen to) books I’d never have considered before, simply because she’s the reader. Thank you, Ms. Golding! And thank you Librivox.

All of Ruth's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » January 17th, 2020, 9:08 pm

Praise received for neustar (Bob Neufeld) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
My husband and I have enjoyed (and will continue to enjoy) several of the books you have read! You have become somewhat of a celebrity in our house! Thank you so much for dedicating your time to masterfully read so many great works!

We have enjoyed

Tom Sawyer, https://librivox.org/the-adventures-of-tom-sawyer-dramatic-reading-by-mark-twain/

The Brothers Karamazov, https://librivox.org/the-brothers-karamazov-by-fyodor-dostoyevsky/

A Christmas Carol (version 04), https://librivox.org/a-christmas-carol-by-dickens-charles/

Grimm's Fairy Tales (version 2), https://librivox.org/grimms-fairy-tales-version-2-by-jacob-wilhelm-grimm/

Heart of Darkness (version 2), https://librivox.org/heart-of-darkness-version-2-by-joseph-conrad/

The Metamorphosis (version 3), https://librivox.org/the-metamorphosis-by-franz-kafka-3/

The Republic (version 2), https://librivox.org/the-republic-version-2-by-plato/

and

A Tale of Two Cities (version 3), https://librivox.org/tale-of-two-cities-by-charles-dickens-3/

All of Bob's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » January 17th, 2020, 9:17 pm

Praise received for kathrinee (Kathrine Engan) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Ms. Engan,

I want to send a note of gratitude for your LibriVox reading of Hamsun’s Pan. I’ve read the novel a few times over the years and just recently returned to it. But instead of reading it this time, I came upon your recording and decided to try a listen. I was hooked within moments. I found your recording utterly delightful. Your reading conveys the work’s countless subtleties, its dark fever, its heartache and humor, its beauty and lyricism. As I listened I felt as if I could hear Glahn and Edwarda and all the rest there beside me, as if I was witnessing these people entangle themselves in each other’s lives (and then try to disentangle themselves all the same). How wonderful!

I finished listening early this morning, but I still hear it. Thank you.

My best to you and your projects going forward.

Sincerely,

Michael

All of Kathrine's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » January 17th, 2020, 9:20 pm

Praise received for skoval (skoval) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding her recording of In the Year of Jubilee:
Please thank skoval for her reading of this book. It is much appreciated. And forgive me but I should ask for more...

All of skoval's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » January 17th, 2020, 9:23 pm

Praise received for Rowland (Lars Rolander) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Lars

Thank you so much for reading chapters from “The Adventures of Jimmie Dale”. Your voice is so professional and soothing – with the most delightful hint of your heritage. It was a real treat to be read to by you. Thank you!!!

Michelle

All of Lars' recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » January 17th, 2020, 9:25 pm

Praise received for sjmarky (Mark Nelson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Mr Nelson your reading is superb in the jeeves books and every other book ive listened to with your voice on it. I love the way you pronounce the words and everything. Thank you for all you do to keep avid listeners like us entertained! Your work is very much appreciated!!!

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann