'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bgdavid (David Clarke) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I want to thank Libri Vox for allowing the use of their resources and for allowing people to use their resources for free. In addition, I want to truly thank Mr. David Clarke, for his wonderful reading. His recordings are high quality and I only listen to his recording to books such as the books about Sherlock Holmes. I find it quite authentic. I am looking forward to more of Mr. Clarke’s readings.

Sincerely,
Darren

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for rkilmer (Richard Kilmer) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hi Richard,
Thank you for your excellent reading of the coming of the law and many others that you have read and that I have listened to. I would also like to say that you have given me and I am sure many other vision impaired
listeners many pleasurable hours. Thanks also to Librivox for making this great service possible.
From Gordon of Cape Town, South Africa

All of Richard's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for toriasuncle (toriasuncle) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

This is a heartfelt thank you to the tremendous work that Toriasuncle did on his reading of SOULS OF BLACK FOLK by W. E. B. Dubois. I have never experienced a read aloud so powerfully executed as the one he did. I was so moved that googled him in hopes of learning more about him and any other books that he may have narrated.

My son introduced me to Librivox, and I continue to share your magnificent contribution to the preservation and dissemination of great literature. Thank you.

Pamela-Faith

All of toriasuncle's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for tojaboss22 (Andrzej S. Zaliwski) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I recently listened to your reading of The Tilling Shaw Mystery (The Rivals of Sherlock Holmes, Vol 1, Section 22, Parts 1 & 2).
I enjoyed your rendering of the story very much. Your pronunciation of English is excellent, and you read with a speed/tempo which makes for easy, relaxing listening — not too fast, not too slow, but simply perfect.
Thank you for taking time to record this story for Librivox listeners!

With appreciation,
Susan

All of Andrzej's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for GordMackenzie (Gord Mackenzie) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I have just finished listening to Raphael Sabatini’s book ‘Scaramouche’ and would very much like to thank Gordon Mckenzie for his excellent manner of reading. The way he portrays the various characters in his unhasty, deliberate tone of voice and clear pronunciation of the words, even the French, made the book so much more entertaining.
Thank you so much, Gordon, I look forward to listening to more books narrated by you.

Greg
Durban, South Africa.

All of Gord's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Ms.Savage
I would like to thank you for filling my long hours of work and sometimes lonliness with your soothing beautiful voice.I have been listening to sense and sensibility lately and I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate all the effort you have put in carrying out such a noble task.
Sincerely yours
Elmira

All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MARTIN GEESON (Martin Geeson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Please extend a hearty thank you to Mr.Martin Geeson for his wonderful recording of "Confessions" by Rousseau.

I listened with the utmost pleasure to Volumes 1 and 2, and am about to embark on Volumes 3 and 4.

Mr. Geeson has brought a warmth, humor, and sensitive humanity to his reading that does the original proud.

With great respect and gratitude,
Regards,

Jim
Tulsa, OK
USA

All of Martin's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for russiandoll (Philippa) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Philippa, Thank you for the flawless dramatic reading of "The Passion of the Queen" parts 1 and 2. It was truly a delight to experience. I appreciate the time and effort which you must have certainly spent in producing such a gem.

Best Regards,

Al E.
Saginaw Mi.

Reference: Tracks 7 and 8 of: https://librivox.org/aeneid-by-vergil/

All of Philippa's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Adrian (Adrian Praetzellis) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his recording of The Wind in the Willows:

Hallo Adrian,

I have been listening to your version of this, my first Librivox book, and I think you’ve made a splendid job of it. I’ve read the book several times during the course of my long life, and I’m enjoying this reading equally as well as any of those times. Thank you so very much.

Les
and for his recording of Treasure Island...
The reading is a true treasure in itself! The differing vocal inflections and changing voices for characters keep the listener engaged and the post production on the reading is tastefully done- my highlight being Adrian’s singing at the very end of it.
Keep reading my friend, and I’ll keep listening
Chris, Glasgow (Scotland)

All of Adrian's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for jocclev (Jim Clevenger) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Mr. Clevenger,

I wish to thank you so very much for reading the Memoirs Of Ulysses S. Grant. I am seventy-five years old. I do not hear as well as I had in my youth, I often stray with my thoughts and lose concentration. But, your tempo as you read make it easy for me to understand. Your words are crisp and easily understood. There is not a word in the recording I did not understand. I could continue. I can only imagine How much Time it must have taken you to complete the reading.

Again, Thank You Very Much, Dennis

All of Jim's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for mb (mb) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Your voice is perfect for Laurie in Little Women. I laughed a lot at the way you slightly changed your voice for Mr. Collins in Pride and Prejudice ? And, you make a charming Gilbert Blythe. I would love nothing more than to hear you take up the role of Laurie again in the other books related to Little Women ☺

All of mb's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for philchenevert (Phil Chenevert) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I wanted to thank Phil Chenevert for reading the full set of Oz books by L. Frank Baum. His reading is smooth, entertaining, and clever, and it was wonderful to know I could count on having that experience through the entire series. Thank you, sir.
and...
Dear Librivox and Phil,

Firstly thank you so many times over for the service you provide – I have an office job and if it was not for your wonderful website and skilled reader, my days would drag.

I have just finished listening to The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and would very much like to pass on my thanks and praise for Phil Chenevert for a truly superb reading. The accents given to the characters as well as the sing-song dialogue exchanges add a unique level of realism to the story and undoubtedly elevates the end product to more than just an excellent narration. Bravo Phil.

Regards,

All of Phil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Chrisczech (Czechchris) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hi Chris,

Your reading of Nicholas Nickleby on Librivox is outstanding. Thanks for taking the time to record it - I've really enjoyed it.

Best,
Sam
Utah, USA

All of Czechchris' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for THynes (Tadhg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Sure an' I'll be wantin' ta say "Bless you". Your voice is more soothin' than a fine, sunny mornin', after a wild and stormy night! It is a pleasure to listen to ya read, and as someone whos had "books in his ear" for more than 30 years, I know what I like.

Good on ya, and God Bless you me Boyo for making a 70+ year old man, enjoy the books!!

(Me ol' Da told me that me first name means "Warrior King", and the last,(in the lands north of them Englishers), means 'Grandson of the Bear')

All kidding aside, I just wanted to say THANK YOU!!! :)

All of Tadhg's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for thadine (Joy Chan) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Ms. Chan, a note of thanks for your outstanding reading of Bunyan’s masterpiece. It has been good for my soul!

Martin

All of Joy's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!