'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for heshman08 (heshman08) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Reader,

I would like to thank you for the narration of The Black Cat, by Edgar Allan Poe. You were very easy to understand, the reading had a nice pace and you have a pleasantly smooth voice.
I especially enjoyed your wonderfully dramatic narration. I was caught up in the emotions the main character was experiencing, above and beyond the interesting horror story itself.
I am glad you are a reader for Librivox.org and I hope you will record more stories.

Thank you,
Joan
The Black Cat
All of Heshman's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for ERampton (Ethan Rampton) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you, Ethan, for the reading of "the great God pan". Fits right in with Halloween.

Lynn
The Great God Pan
All of Ethan's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for thadine (Joy Chan), pointysticks (Brenda Dayne) and pch006 (Paul Hansen) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Ms. Joy Chan,
Thank you so much for your reading of Tristan and Iseult.
It's one of my favorites of the many Arthurian stories.
Your reading was superb. Bravo!

Dear Ms. Brenda Dayne,
Your reading of Edith Wharton's The Age of Innocence
had both strong impact and grace. Thank you for a great
performance.

Dear Mr. Paul Hansen,
I just listened to your reading of Thurley Ruxton.
This story quickly became one of my favorites.
I loved the way your read it from start to finish.
It was both humorous and thrilling. How wonderful.
Thank you so much.

Yours, mlcui.
All of Joy's recordings
All of Brenda's recordings
All of Paul's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for ref (Rhonda Federman) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you Rhonda for brilliant, hypnotic recordings of Bible texts especially those verses which deal with the building of the Ark and Solomon's Temple. I am a Librovox volunteer so know something of the challenge. This is great work. More please.
All of Rhonda's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for Caeristhiona (Kristen Ferreri) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Kristin Ferreri,
Thank you for reading Brother Lawrence. I first heard it on YouTube (it had music put to it) and then wanted to find a downloadable version. Your voice is perfect for this script! Thank you for the way you deliver the text and the time and effort.

Gratefully yours,
Stephanie
The Practice of the Presence of God
All of Kristen's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for gloriana (Elizabeth Klett) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi there!

I think I'm re-downloading a couple Jane Austen audio books for ..what, the third? time now, and I always pick Elizabeth Klett's recordings on Librivox because I love the way she narrates them. My eye fell on the thank you option last time I dropped by, so I figured I'd shoot you guys an e-mail now that I'm downloading them once again.

So, as per the description's request:

- the link to the book I'm downloading
https://librivox.org/pride-and-prejudice-solo-version-3-by-jane-austen/

- the narrator
Elizabeth Klett

But, I've listened to a bunch of her other Jane Austen versions, too, so it's more of a general thank you :D

Thank you!!

Juney
All of Elizabeth's recordings
Carolin
amelita

Post by amelita »

Our audiobooks create much pleasure, and spread knowledge and literacy around the world, but did you know they are also great fodder for art? In addition to using my own voice in my art and music (and for audiobooks), I have featured a few Librivox recordings in various sound collage and electronic music projects that I have participated in.

Recently, I participated in this major effort which was just released: http://secondculture.bandcamp.com/album/thunder-conjuring-mind. And guess what — so did some of you!

So a big THANK YOU goes to the following:

To Ezwa for sultry samples from "Le cantique des cantiques" from the Louis Segond Bible on track 4: "Tuning the Dream Door, part 1" :clap:

To Daniele for a sample from "The Nothing Equation" by Tom Godwin on track 9 "Across the Void" :clap:

To Janet Moursund for the same phrase from her reading of "The Nothing Equation". It was so excellent to have multiple samples for this track! :clap:

Finally, to David Barnes for a few of his "Fifteen Thousand Useful Phrases" by Grenville Kleiser on track 11: "Entheon Centuries". How whimsical and mysterious they become. :clap:

I also owe another (belated) shout out to David Barnes, for his reading of Prime Numbers, which added so much to this track in another collaborative project from a few years ago. David, your voice is beautiful, and I hope to be able to weave it into my work again in the future.

You all make me proud to be a member of this community. Thank you.

- Amy

p.s. Admins: I'll send a link to this comment via PM to the readers. TY
kukailimoku

Post by kukailimoku »

I'm so glad I found the forum, especially this little corner of it. Librivox has become a grand adventure for me since I found the app and then the m4b files (driving through a tunnel gives the streaming fits). I spend 90 minutes in the car every weekday and 40 minutes walking and there's simply nothing like having someone read you a book.

A couple of quick thank you's:

The very first listen I enjoyed was "King Solomon's Mines". John Nicholson's style painted the perfect picture of a gentleman sitting in a comfortable chair telling me a story. You could almost smell the cigar smoke.

Mark Nelson is obviously an alien. How many old SciFi books has he read? And every one is a pleasure.

Richard Kilmer is also an alien for the same reason.

I'd buy all these guys a cold beer if I had the chance.

Chances are the establishment serving it would be in Simpsonville, SC so that we could hang out with Mark Smith, another reader that I enjoy over and over.

Thanks, gents. You could make a grocery list sound spellbinding.
Why yes there IS a blog about choral singing. Thanks for asking.
http://www.thewindwardchoralsociety.org/news/
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for philchenevert (Phil Chenevert) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Phil Chenevert - The Art of War
This is a really outstanding reading. There is a lot to like about it. Just the right amount of drama. It even has some Chinese inflections it sounds like.
Hello,

I would like to express my appreciation for Phil Chenevert's clear and
understandable reading of the Autobiography of St. Ignatius of Loyola.
He showed an understanding of English diction and pronunciation.

I would like to be a reader, as well. Don't know where to begin. I
have a microphone and some years ago used Audacity to record brief messages.

Many thanks,
Antoinette
Virginia
USA
All of Phil's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for Rainbow (Robin Cotter) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello there!

I really would like to thank to Ms Robin Cotter who read Summer by Edith Wharton. I was a bit worried if I would understand everything as I am not a native speaker but it was read so clearly I had no trouble understanding anything, and if I listened to some of the bits or even whole chapters two or even more times, it was simply because I enjoyed it so thoroughly.

Many, many thanks for this experience!

And kind regards from a listener in Prague :)

Michaela
Summer
All of Robin's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for ezwa (Ezwa) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Ezwa in Les Liaisons Dangereuses

Bonjour Ezwa,

Je voulais juste vous remercier de votre magnifique lecture des Liaisons dangereuses. Je suis étudiante en littérature française, mais je m'entraîne également à la course à pied et souvent, je manque de temps pour lire et courir de front. J'ai donc l'habitude d'écouter des audiobooks pour faire une pierre deux coups. Je n'ai jamais fait ça par le passé, mais cette fois-ci, je voulais vraiment remercier le lecteur, vous, pour cette lecture. J'ai trouvé que le texte était tellement bien lu, je ne me suis pas ennuyée une seconde et le temps passait vite.
Ce qui m'a vraiment donné envie de vous contacter était le fait que vous avez fait vos enregistrements en Belgique. Je suis moi-même belge, mais pour l'instant, je suis en Erasmus en Angleterre et je dois admettre que vous êtes devenue ma voix belge de la journée.
Je ne sais pas si ce message a ni queue ni tête, mais je voulais juste vous dire merci pour cette belle lecture, c'est tout.

Bonne continuation dans tout ce que vous entreprendrez.

Noémie
Ezwa in Dangerous Liaisons

Hello Ezwa,

I just wanted to thank you for your wonderful reading of Dangerous Liaisons. I am a student in French literature, but I am also running and I often lack time to read and run simultaneously. So I started listening to audiobooks. I've never done it in the past, but this time I really wanted to thank the reader, you, for reading this. I found that the text was so well read, I am not bored for a second and the time passed quickly.
What really made me want to contact you was that you did your recordings in Belgium. I am Belgian myself, but for now, I'm Erasmus in England and I have to admit that you became my Belgian voice of the day.
I do not know if this message has either head or tail, but I just wanted to say thank you for this great read, that's all.

Good luck in all that you undertake.

Noémie

Les Liaisons Dangereuses
All of Ezwa's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for Roger (Roger Melin) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
I want to say many thanks to Roger Melin.
I am from Germany and love audiobooks in English.
You have a very pleasant Voice, you speak clearly enough and give
charisma to characters. The sound recordings seem very professional.
I am hearing the books since 6 weeks, every workday to and from my work
in my car.
Because of your recordings I made a donation.
Thank you so much.
Here some I liked:
http://librivox.org/all-the-brothers-were-valiant-by-ben-ames-williams/
http://librivox.org/anything-once-by-douglas-grant-aka-isabel-ostrander/
http://librivox.org/the-black-fawn-by-jim-kjelgaard/
http://librivox.org/blindfolded-by-earle-ashley-walcott/
All of Roger's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for johng (John Greenman) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Mr. Greenman,
Your narration is just superb. I have listened to your voice on so many books. The latest being Uncle Toms Cabin.
To me the first part is just perfect, and it just makes me feel like I'm a fly on the wall.
Question, which of the stories do you like the best, or which do you think you do the best job. I think they are all so great, but was just wondering what you thought.
Thank you for what you do,
Larry
I'm about half way through listening to Huck Finn, and I must say you are fantastic. You have manner of speech, the voices, the pacing and flawless tones. You also must have the equipment that you get great recording volume and no mouth sounds or other background noise.

I've done some readings, and so I know how difficult it is to do such an exceptional job. I will probably listen to more of your work because Twain is a great author and I can listen to your recording as I drive to work.

Thank you for your volunteering.

Peace & Health,
Matthew
All of John's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for alexfoster (Alex Foster) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you so much for all the work you do on reading for Librivox. I enjoy hearing Robin Hood done with a British accent as it should be.
Very well Done!
All of Alex's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for gloriana (Elizabeth Klett) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
I just finished listening to Northanger Abbey and I loved it!! Elizabeth, you are such a great reader! The voices of Katharine and Isabella were paticularily fantastic! Thank you so much for taking the time to record this lovely book! -Kaleigh
All of Elizabeth's recordings
Carolin