'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for david wales (David Wales) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I’m a little old lady, living alone on a small island off the coast of B.C., Canada. A voracious reader all my life I am now visually challenged. Thank you for the many books you’ve read for Librivox. I’ve listened to so many of them. You’ve opened many doors and brought me hours upon hours of pleasure. I love the wide variety of what you read and particularly those relating to nature and the great outdoors.
May the sun shine on your shoulder - always.

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for THynes (Tadhg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear good folks at Librivox, and Tadhg Hynes in particular,

I greatly appreciate your work in reading and recording books and distributing them for use free of charge. I can't imagine what time involvement this takes, especially now with Mr. Hynes' 32-hour (or so) "David Copperfield." It's a real dedication.

I first came across Librivox on a little mp3 player I bought off the "Sky Mall" catalog on an airplane (the only thing I ever bought out of that catalog). I paid $100 for that thing, loaded with recordings of 100 classic books, and imagine my surprise when I learned it was just filled with Librivox recordings which I could have done myself for much cheaper.

Fast forward a few years, and I finally have an iPhone and listen to podcasts. I ended up losing that mp3 player, so I rediscovered Librivox through the podcasts. "David Copperfield" is the first one I've heard on podcasts, and I recognize Mr. Hynes, from books I listened to on that mp3 player. I look forward to listening to many more of your podcasts.

Sincerely,

Holly
Martinsville, Virginia, U.S.

All of Tadhg's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for chrisk03 (Christine Blachford) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

This fine lady is an awesome reader. She reads a book like she owns it. At times she reads the book a little fast, but that kept me on the edge of my seat. Her confidence is amazing! I think I could listen to her all day long. The first book I heard her read is “The Grell Mystery”, and once this one is completed by me listening I plan on hearing more from her. Thank you for having such a high quality lady. My hat is off to her.

Sincerely,
Darren

All of Christine's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for mrwemmick (Peter John Keeble) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Please convey my delight and appreciation for Peter’s reading of A Bid For Fortune, or Dr Nikola’s Vendetta.

It was my first audiobook ever, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I was bedridden with a bad flu and this book kept me thoroughly entertained at a time when I needed distraction.

I really enjoy Peter’s voice and the way in which he brings out the characters so skilfully. Now I am looking forward to listening to more audiobooks about Dr Nikola!

Many thanks for all you do at librivox and especially Peter.

Callista

All of Peter's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for The Various Readers reading The Raven from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hi there,

I am a music & sound artist and often use public domain material for my work. I wanted to thank the following readers for lending me their voices in my recent work ‘Ravens’:

Anne Cheng
Chip
Annie Coleman
David Federman
Julie Kocher
Lady Maria
J. Grace Pennington
George Snow
Winston Tharp

They all provided readings of Edgar Allan Poe’s ‘The Raven’ from which I derived my music for this piece.

If you could pass on my gratitude to all of them, and let them know that they can view the finished work here:

http://www.scribbletronics.com/ravens.html

With my most sincere thanks
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for kristin (Kristin Hughes) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Kristin Hughes, Reader of the novel (The Red House Mysteryby A.A.Milne)

I would really thank you for recording this novel as I really
enjoyed listening to it soooo much through your voice✨

I would not expected to enjoy an old novel like that,
listening to it before college classes and while driving is
like watching a detective movie in my head.

And again,
THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Shaikha,
Kuwait

All of Kristin's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for russiandoll (Philippa) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Philippa. . . Thank you for your brilliant recording of "The Man Who Would Be King". It is most likely the best read audio book I have ever heard. If you are not a professional narrator then you should be. I am excited to hear more of your work. Again, many thanks!
https://librivox.org/the-man-who-would- ... d-kipling/

All of Philippa's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MrsHand (KHand) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I have spent the past few weeks thoroughly enjoying your Beacon Lights of History. What a great find it was for me. How saddened I was today to find that there are no more left! You have done a fantastic job of getting thru all of these volumes, they are so fascinating and you have done a great job of making them interesting.

Here is one reader who can't wait for the next volume to be completed!

Many thanks
Alison

All of KHand's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for simonevers (Simon Evers) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Mr. Evers,
I just finished listening to "Diana Tempest". Another riveting, consistent, easy to follow, and melodious work of art by you. You are the best; what a voice.

I don't have "LibriVox" bookmarked, but I do have "LibriVox - Simon Evers" bookmarked.

Many thanks for all your hard work,
Karen
Lexington, Kentucky

All of Simon's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Margaret (Margaret Espaillat) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hello, I would like to thank you for this perfect reading of this perfect book. Really felt I lived in middlemarch with Dorothea, Celia and all. I miss them and Margret’s voice.

Anne
and...
Thank you, Margaret Espaillat for your wonderful reading of Middlemarch by George Eliot. It gave me many hours of pleasure!

Rose
Aurora, Colorado

All of Margaret's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Adrian (Adrian Praetzellis) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Mr. Praetzellis,

My wife and I listened to your recording of My First Summer in the Sierra on a road trip. (https://librivox.org/my-first-summer-in ... john-muir/) I don’t remember exactly when except that it was maybe the first year of our marriage, which would be in 2012. It was our first librivox audiobook and you did a spectacular job, setting the narration bar high enough that we have not yet listened to another librivox recording that has met it. Thank you very much for your fantastic job and hard work.

Sincerely,

Timothy

All of Adrian's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I had wanted to send a thank you, for some time now, and was happy when I came across the "send a thank you" just after finishing The Elusive Pimpernel.
I have been a huge fan of audio books since I was in high school. (it's been about 20+ years) I have enjoyed your readings more than any other. All I have heard so far has been smooth, yet still able to mesh, in my opinion, perfectly with wherever the story goes...Beautifully done, every time. Again, thank you so very much for the long hours you've given, so that we all can enjoy these wonderful treasures.

All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Helsbelles (Helen Taylor) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Please pass my thanks to Helen Taylor for her astonishing reading.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hFVBt0Mcu4

All of Helen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for adonis (Tony Addison) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

A note of thanks to Tony Addison for his masterful reading of Wilkie Collin's The Woman in White Version 2. Tony's mastery of dialogue and character is apparent from the very first chapter of this fine novel and carries through to the end.. Thanks again, Tony.
Thomas
Brunswick, GA USA

All of Tony's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for philchenevert (Phil Chenevert) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Phil, or……. Mr Chenevert?

THANK YOU!!!

You are by far my favorite, and my sons favorite reader.
Your method, rhythm, annunciation, every aspect of your delivery enhances the material.
I don’t think my son would even bother with classic sci-fi if not for your talents.
In addition to voicing my praise and appreciation,
I guess I should also take a moment to beg you to please please please narrate some more sci-fi!
Right away….. I think another 150 titles might tide us over for a while…
Little Fuzzy would be a great place to start.
Again, thanks a million!

Take care, enjoy the holidays.

Tony & Logan

All of Phil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!