'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Adrian (Adrian Praetzellis) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mr Praetzellis

I am a 46-year-old female English teacher who lives in the northern suburbs of Cape Town, South Africa.

I really enjoyed your reading of "The Wind in the Willows". I listen to your reading while I do menial tasks like ironing. Luckily my husband does not complain, although it is not his cup of tea.

The parts where you sang the songs in "The Wind in the Willows" made my day. I was surprised at how well you sang!! 🤣

I have now started listening to "Kim".

I can tell from the books that you chose to read that you have good taste in literature and that you appreciate good writing.

Thank you for reading so beautifully, fluently and for changing your voice for different characters.

I Googled your name and came across an archeologist, but on Youtube his voice does not sound like yours. I was just curious to see the face behind the voice.

With love and gratitude

Christél
South Africa

All of Adrian's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Helsbelles (Helen Taylor) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Librivox
Please could you send a HUGE thank you to Helen Taylor for her wonderful reading of The Benefactress by Elizabeth von Armin for me?
In these uncertain times of Covid - we in South Africa are on our 8th week - how awesome to hear this beautiful voice and this really funny book.
It's has given me so much pleasure and kept calm in the chaos.
Thank you awesome person for taking time to read to us!
Shirley Cape Town South Africa

All of Helen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Sarah Bean (Sarah Bean) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I'm writing to thank Sarah Bean for reading on https://ia800707.us.archive.org/3/items/brothers_karamazov_1002_librivox/brotherskaramazov_01_dostoyevsky.mp3 Your voice and style of reading is amazing. I would be so happy to hear the whole book in your voice - if it is available please let me know. I purchased the book from Google books and only found it here in my search for a version read entirely by you. Your voice has captivated me completely. It's not clear on the Google version who is going to be the next reader, so I would wait with great expectations and eagerness at the start of each chapter, to see if I got to hear your beautiful voice again. So once again thank you for sharing your talent with me and the rest of the world.

Regards,

Gerald

All of Sarah's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Mermaid (Mil Nicholson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I would like to thank Mil Nicholson for her readings of Charles Dickens's books. I was so sorry when I came to the end of all of them. I am now on her readings of Anthony Trollope. Such fabulous interpretations!
What am I going to do when i have finished Anthony Trollope?!!

regards

Patricia
and...
Hello,

I just finished Mil Nicholson's Dombey and Son and it was so wonderful. THANK YOU! You made my quarantine... :)

Jessica
and...
For the attention of Mil Nicholson, re Little Dorrit.

Dear Mil,

Thank you so much for reading Little Dorrit so beautifully. I really loved listening. What a high standard of reading! And the different voices as a bonus!

With kind regards
Griselda
and...
Hello, Librivox,

Thank you for all your wonderful free books, read by volunteers. I have contributed to you earlier, and shall be glad to do so again. But today I ask you to forward the mail below to Mil Nicholson, my favourite, for her Dickens-readings. As you can see I have tried the mail-adress given on her homepage, but am uncertain if she has received it.

You may use part of my mail however you like, also on you webpage, e.g. the part marked below.

Thank you very much for your assistance!

Yours, Gro

PS I am just now reading my 4. audiobook, of which I am also the author. The audio-editors insist that I myself do that, even though I am not an actress, but a doctor. So in the unlikely case that you should ever need anything read in Norwegian, I am more that willing to volunteer. But I am getting on in years – closer to 70 that 60 – which of course does something with mye voice….
All of Mil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bookworm633 (Marian Brown) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
https://librivox.org/the-four-million-by-o-henry/

https://librivox.org/the-trimmed-lamp-by-o-henry/

Just a note of thanks for the wonderful job you did
on the two above collections of O.Henry stories.
It is so much fun to be able to close my eyes and hear
the words and see the images I first saw many decades
ago when I first read O.Henry.

You're flawless, careful and lively reading is such a joy.

Thank you very much,
Ted

All of Marian's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for neustar (Bob Neufeld) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello,

My name is Helena and I am Brazilian.

I would like to thank the Librivox reader Bob Neufeld for his excellent reading of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's work, the lost world.

English is not my native language and so reading with a good diction and interpretation of characters is very important for understanding.

I would also like to say that Bob Neufeld have a very nice accent. It is pleasant to hear.

Bob Neufeld thanks for your important volunteer work!

Also thanks to the Librivox for make this works available.

Best wishes,
Helena
and...
Dear Bob Neufeld,
I love your reading style! Please keep it up.
Right now I'm enjoying listening to: Notes from the Underground

Other performances of yours which I've enjoyed are:

Legend of the Sleepy Hollow
The Cloak
Bartleby the Scrivener

When I'm ready to listen to another book you can be sure I'll be looking at the link below to see what else you've read solo!!

Sincerely,
Mark
Toronto, Canada

All of Bob's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Sue Anderson

Post by Sue Anderson »

icequeen wrote: June 10th, 2020, 9:12 pm Praise received for Sue Anderson (Sue Anderson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I just wanted to send a thank you to Sue Anderson for her beautiful reading of Ray Stannard Baker’s “The Friendly Road” https://librivox.org/the-friendly-road-new-adventures-in-contentment-by-ray-stannard-baker/ I’d read “Adventures in Contentment” (somewhat similar to her own description of having an antique copy that belonged to a family member) but had never read “The Friendly Road.” Truly an uplifting book and her reading of it is just perfect.

Thanks again!
Analesa
Epping NH

All of Sue's recordings!
Hi Analesa,

Thank you for your kind words! :D I'm glad you enjoyed The Friendly Road. I enjoyed reading it, and when I did, I understood how this book, a Christmas present to my grandmother in 1919, had managed to survive all the house cleanings and moves of the intervening years!

You might enjoy these two of my LibriVox reads:

My Mother and I
https://librivox.org/my-mother-and-i-by-elizabeth-gertrude-stern/

Soul of an Immigrant

https://librivox.org/the-soul-of-an-immigrant-by-constantine-panunzio/

You might also enjoy seeing pages from my grandmother's autograph book, which I've posted on my website.
http://audiobooks.oliveandseablue.com/me/bookish-the-blog/fort-reno-oklahoma-territory-1892-and-an-autograph-book/

Best wishes,
Sue
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Sue Anderson wrote: June 11th, 2020, 8:56 am
icequeen wrote: June 10th, 2020, 9:12 pm Praise received for Sue Anderson (Sue Anderson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I just wanted to send a thank you to Sue Anderson for her beautiful reading of Ray Stannard Baker’s “The Friendly Road” https://librivox.org/the-friendly-road-new-adventures-in-contentment-by-ray-stannard-baker/ I’d read “Adventures in Contentment” (somewhat similar to her own description of having an antique copy that belonged to a family member) but had never read “The Friendly Road.” Truly an uplifting book and her reading of it is just perfect.

Thanks again!
Analesa
Epping NH

All of Sue's recordings!
Hi Analesa,

Thank you for your kind words! :D I'm glad you enjoyed The Friendly Road. I enjoyed reading it, and when I did, I understood how this book, a Christmas present to my grandmother in 1919, had managed to survive all the house cleanings and moves of the intervening years!

You might enjoy these two of my LibriVox reads:

My Mother and I
https://librivox.org/my-mother-and-i-by-elizabeth-gertrude-stern/

Soul of an Immigrant

https://librivox.org/the-soul-of-an-immigrant-by-constantine-panunzio/

You might also enjoy seeing pages from my grandmother's autograph book, which I've posted on my website.
http://audiobooks.oliveandseablue.com/me/bookish-the-blog/fort-reno-oklahoma-territory-1892-and-an-autograph-book/

Best wishes,
Sue
I have passed this one for you, Sue. Thank you!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for AndreaFiore (Andrea Fiore) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding her recording of The Kybalion:
I am grateful for listening to your recording.

May you receive eternal peace.

Kind regards,

Mihai

All of Andrea's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Morielle (Morielle) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
The War of Antichrist with the Church and Christian Civilization - Section 16

Excellent reading. I hope you'll do more!

Thanks!

All of Morielle's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for chymocles (Thomas A. Copeland) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I have enjoyed hearing your voice on the recordings I have listened to. I now look for your books to read. I love your inflections and how you put character into the reading! Thank you for taking your time to read!

All of Thomas' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Cori (Cori Samuel) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi, I'm really nervous to do this because it's the first time and i hope i haven't made any mistakes in sending you this email. I just finished listening to your reading of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, and it was the first time i ever listened to a book out of my own will, i'd done it for school before but anyways. I wanted to say thank you, you read very well, your voice is super relaxing even when you read something as horrible as Frankenstein XD. And I had a really good time listening to this book, i'll listen to a lot more other books read by you in the future. Also it's crazy how you can read dialogue so well, it's really great, like you change your voice and everything, that's really cool. So yeah, you're a great reader, thank you so much, please keep doing it. bybye, my name's Danny by the way, and you made me learn the right pronunciation of the word "stifle" (i'm french and i always thought the i was pronounced like in "stiff" XD.

All of Cori's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for neckertb (Nadine Eckert-Boulet) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Re: " The mysteries of Paris" read by Mrs. Nadine Eckert-Boulet

Dear madam; this is to thank you for the wonderful and delightful reading of "The mysteries of Paris". I have greatly enjoyed your tone of voice, intonation, cadence and animated reading of this literature masterpiece. It seems like every character becomes alive through your voice and I an almost see them in front of me.

It brings back memories of the long gone radio-theaters that I used to listen a few decades ago when imagination substituted TV; and computers and celular telephones where only premonitory literary materials for Jules Verne, Asimov or Bradbury.

Thank you for making my hours more pleasant, instructive and wiser.

I wish you the best under the protection of whatever deity you adhere to... or not.

Respectfully,..
--
Carlos
Victoria, Vancouver Island
British Columbia, Canada

All of Nadine's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for dlslider (Darren L. Slider) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
https://librivox.org/the-city-of-god-by-st-augustine-of-hippo/

This book was the first non fiction work that got me committed to continue with librivox. I know its been a few years, but it would be much appreciated if you were to continue working on the case St Augustine of Hippo catalogue

All of Darren's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for lslee16 (Linda Lee Paquet) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you, Linda, for your very enjoyable reading of Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I thoroughly enjoyed it! Your reading was very easy to follow and listen to. It is such a delightful book and I am glad I was able to listen to it.

Sincerely,
Molly

All of Linda's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!