'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you for your lovely reading of Sense and Sensibility, to which I had the good fortune of listening during a two-day drive from Kansas (U.S.) to Maryland (U.S.). Your voice is clear and perfectly attuned to the phrasing and language of Jane Austen; moreover, the cadence and characterizations you delivered made the effect expressive and sincere. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to your interpretation and look forward to hearing more books in your voice!

Thank you, again--
Laura
and...
Dear Karen,

My son and I wish to thank you for an excellent reading of The Scarlet Pimpernel. He is thirteen and I am much older but we both listened avidly while on car journeys. We were sorry when it finished and now have to find another. I particularly enjoyed your characterisation of Percy Blakeney. You did a great job - accents too.

Thank you,
Jeanette

All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for simonevers (Simon Evers) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

My grateful thanks to Simon Evers for your readings of the many Anthony Trollope novels. Your pace , diction and intonation allow me to enjoy each book and to feel that you appreciate the tales too. Thanks too for being an English volunteer reading classic English novels.
and...
Dear Mr. Evers

A famous German philosopher once observed that if you want to know how you really feel about someone check your reaction when you first find a letter from that person in your mailbox. Well I this week began to listen to castle richmond and was electrified to recognize your voice. I fell n love with your work through my deep immersion in the novels of Arnold Bennett in particular the clayhanger trilogy. The only way I can properly communicate the effect of your work is to ask you to think of someone you listen to with perpetual delight whose contribution enhances the charm and genius inherent in the work. I would be most surprised if Naxos audio books would not be proud to have you as a regular contributor. In other words thanks
All of Simon's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for martinc (Martin Clifton) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Librvox,

This is a thank you note intended for Michael Clifton, a prolific reader on your website.

He has a deep sonorous voice and really annunciates the poems well. From each of the recordings I have heard, I am drawn into another world. In the case of If, by Kipling, I can almost begin to feel with what intention he wrote the words, and how the poem must have been informed by specific events. I have consequently just downloaded all of the books I know or like from your recordings (which means a lot of them). Thank You.

Sincerely,
Joseph

All of Martin's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Mermaid (Mil Nicholson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature
Hi Librivox Admins

Thanks for helping run such an amazing site! Please can you pass a note of thanks to Mil Nicholson? I've just finished listening to her reading of Great Expectations - https://librivox.org/great-expectations-version-3-by-charles-dickens/ and it was wonderful! Her range and choice of voices and tone made it so immersive and made it easy to keep track of the range of characters who come and go through the book - it was more like listening to an audio-drama with a full cast!

Thanks
and...
For the countless hours MN has given me with her wonderful readings, particularly of Dickens, I should like to send her a big bunch of flowers or some good bottles of wine. How can I tell her? Also thanks to LiberVox, to which I am happy to donate.

Yours, Gro
and...
Dear Mil,

I don't know how to thank as much as I want.

Your very lively readings of Dickens are the best I've ever heard.
And I look forward to hearing them again and again in the years to come.

Thanks a million for sharing your passionate readings with us all.

Med venlig hilsen

Thomas
All of Mil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Dri (Igor Teaforay) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hello,
I'd like to thank Igor Teaforay for his truly wonderful reading of Arthur Conan Doyle's "The Horror of the Heights."

The story itself is engaging, and the way Mr. Teaforay adds emotion and color to the reading makes it fantastically entertaining. His voice is wonderfully expressive. I especially like the humorous tone he occasionally uses. It really makes the story feel human.

Thanks again for much enjoyment!

Link: https://librivox.org/tales-of-terror-and-mystery-by-sir-arthur-conan-doyle/

Katherine

All of Igor's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bublsort (E. Tavano) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Beautiful and Damned
( https://librivox.org/the-beautiful-and-damned-by-f-scott-fitzgerald/ )

I'd like to offer my appreciation to E. Tavano for the time and effort that she put into this recording. Her technical execution was superb (i.e. normalization of volumes), her reading of Fitzgerald's writing was excellent (cadence, enunciation), and her voice so pleasant that I could listen to her for hours. In fact, I did, making a long drive pass with ease. So, kudos and thank-you to her.

-John

All of E.'s recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for rkeiper (Robert Keiper) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

The Window at the White Cat by Mary Roberts Rinehart

Thank you very much for the recording of "The Window at the White Cat" by Mary Roberts Rinehart. I stumbled across it while I was looking for a good book and recording on Librivox, and thought I would try it. I do not recall ever hearing of Mary Roberts Rinehart before. I greatly enjoyed the story, and listening to your professional-sounding reading of it. You read with the correct speed, enunciation, and inflections to let me get caught up in the story, and try to figure out the mystery along with the character. Even the one small possible slip up (re-reading a fragment of a sentence more carefully) contributed to the idea of the fictional author making sure he compiled his narrative with utmost care. I also enjoyed the details of place and date of the recording at the end. I will send this, and then pull up Librivox to see if the are more novels by the same author that you read. Thank you again.

In Christ,
A.

All of Robert's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Cleogirl (Cate Barratt) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I thoroughly have enjoyed your readings of Leblanc.
I have downloaded other of your readings.
Blessings Marc

All of Cate's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for 14nighttripper (A. E. Maroney) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Mr. Maroney, The pleasure of bedtime story hour reached a new height when I discovered your reading of Arizona Nights. Your style was so spare, in keeping with the story...even your chapter introductions were significantly pared down compared to those of other readers.

Chapter by chapter, I got happier and happier...well, 'til I got to the story of wanton killing of natives and Mexicans. That dampened my ardor for awhile, but the listening pleasures drew me on past that. I sent the link to my brother; we have a shared appreciation of Louis L'amour. Phil was as thrilled as I was with you and Mr. White. I'm a little embarrassed about my attachment to L'amour, knowing that white supremacists adore LL and his character development is shallow, and how can I find shoot-'em-dead stories so relaxing? But that cold rain trickling down the rider's neck draws me right in. Now that I've heard you read Stewart Edward White, I'm a fan of another western writer.

I moved on to Erotica Romana and Young Trailers - nice summaries - and was surprised by how well you were able to change and adapt your reading style to each author.

Many thanks for some of my most enjoyable listening hours.

All of A. E.'s recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

RE: Thank you to Mark F. Smith

Good Day Mr Smith,

I recently had the pleasure of listening to your performances of "The Time Machine" and "Treasure Island." (links pasted below).

I very much appreciated the timbre of your voice, the enjoyable and never over-done voice acting, and the technical quality of the recordings (little background hiss, minimal compression artifacts, and no annoying sibilance).

Thank you for your fine work, and for making it available on librivox. I see you've been very generous with your time, and have contributed a lot of interesting readings. Your performances immersed me in another time and place, and I look forward to listening to more from your catalog.

All the best,

Paul

https://librivox.org/the-time-machine-version-2-by-h-g-wells/
https://librivox.org/treasure-island-version-4-by-robert-louis-stevenson/
and...
Just wanted to say thanks for the reading of 'Great Expectations' by Mark F Smith - a very enjoyable experience.
The first I've heard of librivox and I'll be coming back for more!

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Elicia (Elicia) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hello,

My name is Dane. I reside in the Blue Mountains in Australia.
I wish to thank Elicia who read several parts for Sigmund Freud's The interpretation of dreams. Specifically I'd like to make mention of part one. I went into the recording uncertain I'd be able to understand the material, but her tone and pacing kept my mind ticking and her soft charming voice made for easy listening. I was able to forget my anxiety over the intellectual challenge and get through the remaining material just fine.

So thank you for your work. It is much appreciated.

Sincerely,

All of Elicia's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for edhumpal (Ed Humpal) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you much for a fine reading of “Ascent to Mt. Carmel”. It took me much time to get through this difficult work but your excellent reading while I followed the text made it that much easier to approach its meaning. I am following it up with “Spirit of the Night” and was glad to see that you are more than halfway through recording it. By the time I catch up with it you will probably be finished.

All of Ed's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for sjmarky (Mark Nelson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Just writing to say thank you to Mark Nelson for reading The Little Nugget by PG Woodhouse (https://librivox.org/the-little-nugget-by-p-g-wodehouse/) It has kept me happily entertained when I was feeling stressed and had things to do so I didn't have time to read. He read beautifully clearly and, as a native Brit, I thoroughly appreciated his attempts at an upper-class English accent!

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for mb (mb) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Librivox,

My wife and I are enjoying listening to Mb's dramatic reading of Dracula for the third time in as many years.

Mb's reading carries the tone of the work perfectly, and makes listening to the book an absolute blast. The book wouldn't be nearly as engaging without his reading it.

We're normally guilty of wasting our evenings on Hulu and Netflix, but the dramatic reading of Dracula is our favorite thing to binge on heading into fall. Would you please pass along our gratitude to Mb for a book well read?

Thank you,

Matt and Kelly

All of mb's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Algy Pug (Algy Pug) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Algy Pug,

Please accept my words of gratitude for your narration of W. W. Atkinson's "The Kybalion", "Thought Vibration" and "Your Mind and How to Use It". These are good works and your involvement made them more available, including myself.

If you even deciding which other works to narrate, please consider "Isis Unveiled", "The Secret Doctrine" and "The Voice of the Silence" by H.P. Blavatsky. While voluminous (1st and 2nd), these have doubtless influenced Atkinson's works - a fact which is readily seen by getting acquainted with the former. The 3rd work is much smaller, but no less important, and doubtless deserves attention.

Should you decide to reply, my e-mail should be made available to you by LibriVox admins.

Thank You and Best Regards,
Vic

All of Algy's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!