'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for toriasuncle (toriasuncle) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear toriasuncle,

I just finished your recording of "The Souls of Black Folk" and I just loved it. Thank you for making it!

I especially liked the musical parts and I thought you handled the tragic parts of his text with particular sensitivity.

My life is much enriched. Thank you again.
Best,
Hannah

All of toriahsuncle's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Hawden (Alan Chant) and Rory (Hazel Chant) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thanks for your lovely reading of The Wouldbegoods, and thanks for choosing that book and for enjoying it like I do. I got my 9 yr old granddaughter onto The Treasure Seekers on Librivox, and was thrilled to see that the Wouldbegoods is there too, as I hadn’t read it. I’m happy she likes these old-fashioned books, at her age, in this age! I’ve started to listen to them myself, and I enjoy your reading of them so much

Zoey

All of Alan's recordings!
All of Hazel's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Nerdanel (Alisson Veldhuis) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
https://librivox.org/20000-leagues-under-the-seas-by-jules-verne/

I loved hearing your voice!!!
Something special about it:)
Thinking I may start volunteering to read ...
We need more strong and calming female voices<3
Peace sister

All of Alisson's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for realisticspeakers (realisticspeakers) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
A thank you to 'realisticspeakers' for reading parts of 'The Meditations of the Emperor Marcus Aurelius Antoninus' (https://librivox.org/the-meditations-of-the-emperor-marcus-aurelius-antoninus-by-marcus-aurelius/). This is my favorite book of all time!

I even used a section of the audio in a track I created here... https://soundcloud.com/rob-harrand/the-inner-citadel?in=rob-harrand/sets/stuff-1

Thanks again,

Rob.

All of realisticspeakers' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ekaitz (ekaitz) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Just wanted to thank
ekaitz
for his perfect reading of Andrew Murray Humility, the Beauty of Holiness. I have listened over and over and over again since I discovered this foundational virtue we must have as believers. In the beginning as I listen I really appreciated the conviction and force with which you read this with. Now after listening for years i appreciate the listen-abilty of your reading, it hasn't grown old but is still fresh and impactful.
thank you for making it a pleasure to listen to 😀
Joseph

All of ekaitz's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

HandmadePSK wrote: February 9th, 2021, 2:45 am Hello! The other day I finished listening to an extremely successful collection, for which I would like to thank everyone who made this possible:
Short Poetry Collection 208
https://librivox.org/short-poetry-collection-208-by-various/

It is not easy to separate the merits of the reader of a work from its author, especially in poetry, but everything here is absolutely at its best - both the selection of the texts themselves and their reading, dramatic and beautiful.
So many people of different ages, voices and reading styles gave me a lot of fun.
Thank you all and I wish you all the best! 💚💛🧡
Someone, please tell me - only readers or also BCs, MCs and PLers are notified about our praises here? 🦒
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

icequeen wrote: February 8th, 2021, 8:34 pm Praise received for sjmarky (Mark Nelson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Just finished bat wing, you have a great voice with a lot of character....thank you, Roger
and...
Dear Mr. Nelson,

I have listened to hundreds of librivox stories over the last eight or nine years and there are many, many readers. I will not speak negatively about any of them. After all, they all volunteer their own time to supply me with entertainment and I am very thankful for that. But I will sing the praise of readers who stand out. So, I would just like to say that you, sir, are the absolute best of all librivox readers. When I start listening to a librivox story, I am always thankful to hear your voice. I know the entire story from beginning to end, no matter how long it is, will be read with professionalism and will not have even the slightest hitch, hesitation or mistake. Every story you read is perfect. And they never sound edited. A three-hour-long story you read sounds as if it were recorded in one sitting. And it never sounds as if you are just reading the story. It always sounds like you are telling the story. There is a definite difference. So, if you are not already, I hope you will one day making a comfortable living with your voice.

Thanks again,

Tom
and...
Thank you Mr. Nelson. I have just finished listening to the First Lensman and enjoyed your reading of it very much.
I appreciate the substantial time spent and the care you gave in making this recording. It was very well done, very professional.

Thanks again,
H.
All of Mark's recordings!
Gosh.
"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

HandmadePSK wrote: December 18th, 2020, 7:04 pm "One Out of Ten" by J. Anthony Ferlaine, read by Juli Carter is something incredible! Exceptionally pleasant voice and interesting intonations. I listened to it several times, at intervals of several days. Unfortunately, Juli Carter's profile has been inactive since 2014, but I sincerely wish her all the best! :thumbs:
My praise for:
Short Science Fiction Collection 034
https://librivox.org/short-science-fiction-collection-034/

It was one of those books that started my acquaintance with LV and audiobooks in general - a pleasant acquaintance and, I hope, a long one.
Recently I listened to it again, discovering new things, intonations, meanings and more.
I find it an exceptionally successful selection and performance of works!
To everyone who made this possible, many thanks and all the best! 🍎
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Thanks to everyone - readers, BC, PL, MC and others who worked on:

Hans Christian Andersen: Fairytales and Short Stories Volume 1, 1835 to 1842
https://librivox.org/hans-christian-andersen-fairytales-and-short-stories-volume-1-1835-to-1842-by-hans-christian-andersen/

It is pleasant to remember the tales of distant childhood and the events associated with them. Here, among other things, the readers have tried, imitating the singing, voices of animals and various characters. Thank you all for a dramatic, engaging reading full of joy & emotions! 🍇🍉🍏
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Praise received for David Clarke (bgdavid) via Twitter:
@librivox the count of monte cristo read by David Clarke is a thing of beauty, please thank him from my kids and myself , lockdown wasn't 14 years but this got the kids to bed just to listen and imagine 🥰🥰🥰
All of David's recordings
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for duckwallah (Mike Gardom) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I wanted to thank you for your reading of Betteridge in The Moonstone. I truly believe your voice and reading is the same sound that Collins had in his head as he wrote the character.

Forrest

All of Mike's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Sarah Bean (Sarah Bean) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Forrest Travison <bosque6@yahoo.com>
Mon, Feb 1, 7:11 AM
to me

I cannot thank you enough for your reading of the Brothers Karamazov. I listened to ‘The Old Buffoon’ so many times and I don’t think since Gulliver’s Travels or Gargantua and Pantagruel which I read so many years ago that I laughed out loud and then again the second and third times. It made no difference that Fyodor is a man, a fact I really did not even notice until much later.

But you have done much more than just give the best reading I have yet heard. You made see something about acting; I mostly just thought actors were talking props and the writer and director deserved the lion’s share of the credit or blame for a speaking role. But you have opened my ears to the reality which is that an actor can completely make or break- or in your case elevate so that it was better than I could have ever imagined. I almost fear that had it not been for your reading, I would not have seen the humor at all. “You’re doing it right now” in the low irritated voice of Miusov makes me smile now as I write.

Thank you,

Forrest

Ps. I have also seen the opposite of what you did for comic effect. An awkward, unconfident, shy aspiring actor in the TV series Barry reads the Alec Baldwin speech from Glengarry Glenross and any written brilliance is sapped.

All of Sarah's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for marybard (Mary Bard) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
RE: https://librivox.org/the-mysterious-rider-by-zane-grey/

Dear Mary Bard,

I most thoroughly delighted in your reading of The Mysterious Rider, which I have just now finished. Part of my enjoyment is because I was so quickly proved wrong in my initial hesitation to listen to a Western read by an Englishwoman. I grew up on Western TV shows, so I was steeped in the “right” ways for characters to speak. Thank goodness my generally more expansive and welcoming nature said “What the heck, give her a try.” Once I began the book in earnest, your lovely reading voice soon had me smiling.

Plus, every single time a character uttered “uh huh,” dang if yours wasn’t an absolutely spot-on intonation!

I have been an enthusiastic reader since I was a child. It was only a few years ago that I came to appreciate audio recordings of books. Only several months ago did I come across LibriVox. What a wonderful idea, wonderful resource, and what wonderful, generous gifts of time and talent it holds, spreading the written word of others.

Thank you so very much for your contribution!

Most sincerely,
Amy
Interlaken, NY
USA

All of Mary's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for david wales (David Wales) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I only download books by David Wales. I'm sure you have other good readers, but I really like David Wales. I'm not sure how many of his books of his I have downloaded. Some of the recent ones are: In the Footsteps of the Padres, Over There, Your United States, Full Speed Ahead, Tales of the Trail. Famous Adventures and Prison Escapes of the Civil War, Thrilling Adventures of Land and Sea. I have probably downloaded a dozen more.
He always does a really good job and I want to thank him.

Tom

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Delmar H Dolbier (Delmar H Dolbier) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mr Dolbier,

Via this email I want to thank you for being the voice of many audio books.
I am from the Netherlands and I love to hear you read the books with your very American accent :).
The pace at which you read is also very comfortable.
I am a bad sleeper and it is so nice to listen to stories while l am awake.
You make me feel like I am there in the story and on another continent (Nightoperater for example), which make my nights feel shorter:).

Thank you very much and all the best,

Lotte

All of Delmar's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!