'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

Thank you to sjmarky (Mark Nelson) for a wonderful reading of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" He did an excellent job reading this 19th century classic. His reading of the passages and descriptions and his feeling for the characters were excellent. Mr. Nelson gave a most impressive reading of a great classic.

(I have already PM'd Mr. Nelson complimenting him on the great job that he did.)
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for simonevers (Simon Evers) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Many thanks for all your hard work and the many hours of enjoyment it has given me. Trollope is a particular favourite but you have introduced
other writers unknown to me: for which I am grateful.

All of Simon's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bgdavid (David Clarke) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi,

I just wanted to pass on my appreciation and gratitude to David Clarke for his reading of Sherlock Holmes “The Hound of the Baskervilles (version 4)” (link -https://librivox.org/the-hound-of-the-baskervilles-version-4-by-sir-arthur-conan-doyle/), which I have to say I’ve enjoyed greatly.

I’ve always been a big fan of Sherlock Holmes stories for many years, but only recently decided to check out Librivox to provide some entertainment whilst embarking on a home improvement project to make the time more enjoyable.

Having initially sampled a few different versions I found David’s reading the most engaging and despite rarely (if ever!) taking the time to provide such positive feedback to most things online, it seemed only fair on this occasion to take a little time to pass on my thanks for his efforts.

Many thanks, I certainly look forward to listening to some of your other audiobook readings – and thanks for taking the time to do this, please be assured it has been genuinely appreciated.

Kind regards,

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for thadine (Joy Chan) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I often listen to Librivox while I work. And recently came across Joy
Chan's reading of "Stories of king Arthur". And just wanted to say, what
a beautiful voice with a fluid tempo and spot on inflections. Very well
done. I will definitely be looking for more books read by Joy Chan.

All of Joy's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for rkilmer (Richard Kilmer) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Over the years I have listened to your readings at work, and have
enjoyed your style. In the past you recorded "A Mating in the wilds" .
I listened to that twice. Richard, is it possible for you to record
"The house of strange secrets" by A. Eric Bayly? My wife said she
really enjoyed it. Thank you in advance for your excellent readings and
any consideration you may give to this request. Sincerely, Rich

All of Richard's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for leena2015 (Leena Emsley) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you to the wonderful reader, Leena Emsley and a request for more of her reading, preferably mysteries and humor.

Thank you also to LibriVox for this incredible service, I wished I liked my voice enough or find a quiet place to read for you. Instead, I listen gratefully.

All the best,
Hala

All of Leena's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for tux753 (Tux) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Muchas gracias por sus magnificas lecturas de los Episodios. Nacionales de Perez Galdós desde Trafalgar hasta Montes de Oca. He apreciado su perfecta pronunciación y la entonación flexible pero sin estridencias.
Por favor continue leyendo los que restan. Será siempre un servicio impagable.

All of tux's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for hefyd (hefyd) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I’ve listened to Madame Bovary on Librivox at least a dozen times, and of the twelve different readers,

I enjoy hefyd the most.

He has a relaxed, cheerful tone, every word is clearly understandable,

no mispronounced English words, his phrasing matches Flaubert's text (including the funny scenes),

just the right amount (not too much) of voice characterization ("acting"), and importantly to me, a sure sense of how French names

and other French words are pronounced. I like his English accent, too. Quite enjoyable time after time.

Thanks for being a Librivox reader.

All of hefyd's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

from the info@
Hi. My username is Mookie. I'm just jumping through all these hoops to tell Expatriate that his generous, devoted presentation of all 3 volumes of Schopenhauer's World as Will and Idea is the best of many great things on LibriVox &, for that matter, on the entire internet. It's helped me more than I can say to make sense of & enjoy my life. Maybe you can pass that on to him. Thanks.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for iromair (Heidi Olson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Good day,

I wish to thank Heidi Olson for her fine and animated reading of the book Paul, a Herald of the Cross by Florence M. Kingsley (Chapter 25 and others).
The way she read the book really brought it to life that I started enjoying the book a lot more than I had been.

Regards

All of Heidi's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for JessicaLouise (Jessica Louise) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I wish to thank the reader Jessica Louise for her beautiful, intelligent and sympathetic reading of Anthony Trollope's Autobiography.

I am a retired Englishman currently holidaying in Portugal and have enjoyed listening to Jessica on my morning walks.

I shall now be looking at Jessica's other readings, for clearly she has a gift for recitation.

Thank you again,

Greg

All of Jessica's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Ms. Savage,

My daughter and I have been listening to the Anne of Green Gables series you read in 2006-2007. Your personification of Anne and all of the characters is so true to them, and just how I imagined them when I read the stories myself as a girl.

Your voice is just the right age and portrays the wonderings and wanderings of Anne's wonderful imagination so perfectly.

Thank you for the hours and care you put into this project to bring Anne's story to life for us all!

Sincerely,

Erin

All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for pointysticks (Brenda Dayne) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I would like to thank Brenda Dayne for her recording of Edith Wharton's 'The age of innocence'. I have very much enjoyed listening to her competent, expressive and lucid reading of this work. Thanks again.

All of Brenda's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for AGSec (Graham Redman) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his recording of The Bab Ballads:
wonderfully read, thank you!

All of Graham's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for commonsparrow3 (Maria Kasper) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Ms Kasper:

Thank you so much for making the Trial of Susan B. Anthony accessible. With the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment coming next year, this is an invaluable resource.

Sincerely,

Steve

Holden MA

All of Maria's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!