'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Adrian (Adrian Praetzellis) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hello Adrian Praetzellis,

How glad I am to be able to say thank you for your Treasure Island reading. I hadn't encountered the book since childhood and was delighted to find your engaged and engaging reading spinnng the plot along and the characters once again stalking my imagination - Silver and Pew especially. They have illuminated some damply grey London afternoons.

I couldn't have enjoyed it more!

Mary

All of Adrian's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for sjmarky (Mark Nelson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you, Mark Nelson, for your reading of The Moon Pool by Abraham Merritt (https://librivox.org/the-moon-pool-by-abraham-merritt/). Once again I enjoyed your masterful performance of a difficult book. This story required you to use many voices. There were dwarfs, gnomes, frog men, The Silent Ones, an American, a Russian, a Norseman, an Irishman, and more! Once again your pleasant voice and fun story made my driving and treadmill workouts an enjoyable experience. Thanks!

Jon
Anderson, SC

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for dave7 (dave7) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Heartfelt thanks to dave7 for his inspired recordings of so many works, particularly The Consoling Thoughts of Saint Francis de Sales. Would that God may reward his efforts!

In Christ,

Christopher

All of dave7's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you most heartily and cordially for your beautiful reading of the river war by Winston S. CHURCHILL
and i am enjoyed by it very much thank you again
Faithfully yours,,
Shmseldin
From Khartoum Sudan

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for uruffianu (Greg W.) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you for recording with LibriVox. I love your narration and voice doing The Growth of the Soil by Knut Hamsun. This was my introductory book with LibriVox and I’m very pleased. Will be listening to more.

All of Greg's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bgdavid (David Clarke) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I would like to thank David Clarke for all the work he has done with Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes series. I can't imagine any other voice telling these stories. David's reading has gotten me through tens of thousands of miles of enjoyable driving. It makes me look forward to long drives. I'm not sure what I will do when I reach the end of books and serials.

Thank you!
David

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for kayray (Kara Shallenberg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Story of the Middle Ages
Kara Shallenberg

Dear Ms. Shallenberg,
As a busy homeschooling mom, I want to thank you for your reading of Story of the Middle Ages. My children can understand everything you say and prefer your readings. I never have to stop the recording and read it to them and I love your inflections. I know it’s a lot of work and I wanted to take a second to tell you that I appreciate all you put into this recording.

All of Kara's recording!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for nickdunc (Nick Duncan) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his reading of Liber Amoris:

Exquisite reading of an intensely beautiful work.

All of Nick's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Jeannie (Jeannie) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding her reading of Alice Adams:

Thanks to Jeannie!!
Your voice and reading inflections were perfect for this book/story! I enjoyed listening so much that I just had to let you know.....
I look forward to listening to more read by you....

Again, thank you.

Appreciatively,
Vicki

All of Jeannie's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MaryAnnSpiegel (MaryAnnS) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I would like to Thank Mary Ann Spiegel for her reading of Anna Karenina. I work two jobs and do not have time to read myself. I loved listening to her read this book!!!

and...

To Mary Ann Spiegel,

Thank you so much for your beautiful narration on the series “Expositional Thoughts on the Gospel”. You cannot imagine how much enjoyment and benefit that I receive from it.

Thanks again,

Ralph
Huntsville AL

All of MaryAnn's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gloriana (Elizabeth Klett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you very much for your reading of Jane Eyre. I enjoyed it very much, and your sensitive and calm reading had no small part in that!

Greetings,
Christine

All of Elizabeth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ChrisMS (Christopher Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you Christopher for sharing your talent, sincerity, time and highly valued consciousness. The experience of listening to a reader can become so irritating that one has to stop…which has been my experience more than comfortableness, with the majority of other readers. I say that, not to criticize, but to express the frustration of wanting the knowledge that is in the books, which interest me, and not being able to read quickly in my present temporary condition. What is remarkably OUTSTANDING about your reading is that CONSISTENT focus of concentration for diligent attention to the context of deeper concepts. Most readers (not on Librivox) that I have heard,( even famous readers) tend to drift away from the message of a sentence and prove it by inserting accentuated emphasis in an entirely wrong placement. It interrupts the train of thought for the listener when the reader strays from contextual concentration.

In Andrew Murray’s books, there are no shallow sentences. It is so demanding that I have to stop, occasionally and rewind because I did not grasp the excellent flow, because I was distracted by something in my environment. I love this man’s writings, more than any preacher, teacher, soul that I have ever heard, and that is out of hundreds. I wanted to thank you very much for the very important connection you have made for me, and the spiritual gifting of A. Murray’s written gifts. You both have contributed to the spiritual fulfillment of my entire life.
I thank God for you often and would love to know if "voice" is your profession, and if you are a Christian, since your mindfulness of the words NEVER breaks!
Thank you, God bless you as much as you have blessed me, and answer your present prayers. I appreciate Librivox for the gift of free readings, because of you.
Sincere Gratitude and sisterly high regard, Angel

All of Chris' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for chymocles (Thomas A. Copeland) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Mr. Copeland,

My wife and I are enjoying your reading of "A Princess of Mars" so much
that when we listen to it in the car we hope to hit traffic jams so we
can listen more. You have a wonderful touch for making John Carter come
to life but without overdoing it.

We are so grateful for your time & effort,

John & Happi

Schaumburg IL

All of Thomas' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for obform (R. S. Steinberg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I would like to convey my admiration and my thanks to Mr Steinberg for his superb rendition of this wonderfully wry biography.

https://librivox.org/queen-victoria-by-lytton-strachey/

All of R. S.'s recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Elizabby (Beth Thomas), AmateurOzmologist (Miriam Esther Goldman), and lyra211 (Meredith Hughes) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I would please like to thank very much the adorable Beth Thomas for her small part in The Blue Bird, whose character was Mytyl. Her voice is very sweet and lovely, and I looked forward to her lines throughout the play. I look forward to listening to her other work in the future, and she should anticipate more compliments I'm sure.

I would please like to thank Miriam Esther Goldman for her charming betrayal of Billina the Yellow Hen in the dramatic reading of Ozma of Oz. I can't imagine how her performance could have been more suitable for the character. While I was listening, I felt like she was really here in my bedroom, clucking with pride. She is good enough to be a film actress I think.

I would please like to thank Meredith Hughes for her impressive performance of The Jungle Book. She is extremely articulate and her voice sounds very magical, soothing, and mysterious. The Jungle Book would have been difficult for me to read without Meredith's help. My comprehension certainly isn't as good as hers is yet. Her voice was able to convey the context of the words and I am so grateful and mystified. My favorite part of the book is The White Seal.
All of Beth's recordings!
All of Miriam's recordings!
All of Meredith's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!