'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Helsbelles (Helen Taylor) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I wish to thank Helen Taylor very much for Vanity Fair. Both for the excellence in the recording and the perseverance to finish it. I lost my patience with Becky half way through the book.

I have also enjoyed many of your other readings, especially Somehow Good.

Regards,
Roy

All of Helen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Patrick79 (Patrick79) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

https://librivox.org/montezumas-daughter-by-h-rider-haggard/

I truly enjoyed Montezuma's Daughter. Listening to your audiobook is not at all like listening to
someone reading from a book. You sound like an old-time storyteller relating a story from memory.
I can say in all honesty that your work is truly captivating. I'm a Southerner and we enjoy and
admire people who can tell a good story.

I look forward to more of your work with Librivox.

All of Patrick79's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
nickdunc

Post by nickdunc »

Hi,
Many thanks. I'm sure you are wrong aout the quality, many people are doing better jobs, that's for sure.
I'll certainly have a think about another project - there are plenty of lost gems that I'd like to read. I'll have to look at what's been done already.
Thanks for the encouragement.
All the best,
Nick
Patrick79

Post by Patrick79 »

icequeen wrote:Praise received for Patrick79 (Patrick79) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

https://librivox.org/montezumas-daughter-by-h-rider-haggard/

I truly enjoyed Montezuma's Daughter. Listening to your audiobook is not at all like listening to
someone reading from a book. You sound like an old-time storyteller relating a story from memory.
I can say in all honesty that your work is truly captivating. I'm a Southerner and we enjoy and
admire people who can tell a good story.

I look forward to more of your work with Librivox.

All of Patrick79's recordings!
Hi I am really pleased you have enjoyed Montezuma's Daughter. My ambition was to do exactly what you have described ie the old time story teller, making a character out of the narrator and making it real. It is so well written and such a compelling story I wanted to bring it to life. Thank you for your comments.

I am just starting another H Rider Haggard which I hope you will eventually enjoy. I'm a southerner (UK) and it's nice to see you "Southerners" also enjoy a good story and I will aim to entertain you in the near future.

Kind regards
Patrick
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for BettyB (BettyB) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Betty,

Thank you so much for the many hours of happy listening you have allowed me to spend with you. I listen to a lot of group readings and it looks like we share the same taste in books because I come across your voice quite often, and I get excited and happy to hear you every time. I often listen to audiobooks while driving and when you read it really feels like you sit in the passenger seat next to me.

Thank you for so generously donating your time and talents, I appreciate it more than I can say.

All of BettyB's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bluechien (Eva Davis) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Eva,

You are my favourite reader when it comes to poetry. I could listen to you all day. And thanks to your generosity and to Librivox, I can listen to you all day :-)

Thank you!

All of Eva's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Boris (Boris) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Lieber Boris,

Vielen Dank für Deine wunderschöne Lesung von Madame Bovary. Ich habe dieses Buch vor zwanzig Jahren einmal versucht zu lesen, bin damals aber daran gescheitert. Vor einigen Tagen bin ich wieder darüber gestolpert, auf der Suche nach neuem Lesestoff. Vielleicht war ich früher einfach zu jung um das Buch zu verstehen, oder vielleicht hätte mir das Buch auch damals schon so gefallen wenn ich nur schon Deine Lesung gehabt hätte. Jetzt kann ich zumindest verstehen warum Bovary ein Klassiker ist.

Vielen herzlichen Dank aus Kiel!

https://librivox.org/frau-bovary-by-gustave-flaubert/

All of Boris' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for GeoffreyEdwards (Geoffrey Edwards) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Geoffrey,

Thank you for sharing your love of ancient philosophy through your wonderful LibriVox readings. I’ve followed you for years and have read all the Enneads and Plato because of your work.

If I can make humble request, I’d love if you’d consider some of commentaries by Proclus. Perhaps on the Timaeus, Alcibiades, Phaedo, or Cratylus. Alternatively, I think the Metaphysics of Morals (different from the Groundwork) by Immanuel Kant is unfortunately inaccessible to the general public. His doctrine of virtue is very important to share.

Thanks for everything and for reading my note.

Sincerely

All of Geoffrey's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ezwa (Ezwa) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Ezwa,

Les mille et une nuits, lues par votre voix, je voudrais avoir pu vivre et rêver chacune d'elles avec autant de présence. Une telle justesse de ton, qui rend justice non seulement à la culture dite moyen orientale, mais encore à l'amour du traducteur pour ces contes. En suivant votre voix, on aime les personnages, on les ressent, on les connaît.

Je voudrais avoir la totalité des contes ou des tomes lus par vous, malheureusement d'autres se sont portés volontaires pour certains, non que je critique ou dénigre leur participation, leur travail, très honnête et bon. Mais il y a des mariages d'amour réussis et d'autres moins, et des mariages de raison.

Ma grand mère poète était professeur de diction, elle nous avait conté quelques nuits parmi les mille et une, édulcorées et simplifiées bien sûr, mais elle nous faisait vivre les histoires, j'aurais tout donné pour écouter touted les mille et une nuits, et pas seulement quelques unes! Comme vous elle savait que lire un conte, c'est conter, ce n'est pas lire.

Si vous avez eu le temps le courage et l'opportunité de lire et d'enregistrer l'ensemble du recueil, je vous serais très reconnaissant de m'indiquer comment l'obtenir.

Merci infiniment pour la magie de votre lecture.

All of Ezwa's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for kayray (Kara Shallenberg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hello Kara,

I just finished listening to A Secret Garden, and I wanted to thank you for your wonderful reading.

Sandy

All of Kara's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Hning (Alia Makki) and jmoorehouse (Jan Moorehouse) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Greetings,

Thank you for bringing me parts three and four of “The Idiot”. I would describe my emotional journey, but then I’d have to include spoiler alerts for the thread readers. All I can say is you did Mr. Dostoyevsky proud. Thank you again.

Len

https://librivox.org/the-idiot-part-03-and-04-by-fyodor-dostoyevsky/

All of Alia's recordings!
All of Jan's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Cori (Cori Samuel) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I listened to Aunt Crete's Emancipation read by Cori Samuel... And I listened to my favorite parts again... And again. I love her accent in this story. She doesn't read slowly, which I prefer, and is still very easy to understand. The way she uses different tones for the different characters is priceless! I downloaded this book for my aunt on her phone and now we both use some of our favourite expressions from the book when talking to each other! I really hope CS reads more books! Thanks for such a good read!!!
Jacqui

All of Cori's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for tony123 (Tony Oliva) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Mrs.Craddock read by mr.Tony Oliva was a delight .
Beautiful voice , splendid intonations , everything perfect .
THANK YOU MR. OLIVA .

All of Tony's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

icequeen wrote:Praise received for bluechien (Eva Davis) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Eva,

You are my favourite reader when it comes to poetry. I could listen to you all day. And thanks to your generosity and to Librivox, I can listen to you all day :-)

Thank you!
Dear Writer, if you are here to read this ...
I won't forget the kindness of your words!

Thank you for making the deep pleasures of reading at Librivox even more of a pleasure!
Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.
swingingelvis

Post by swingingelvis »

just finished listening to anna kare nina

excellent story ,much better than warandpeace

took a most pleasant ages to listen....

and it obviously took the reader an equally length of time
to read and record it.....

mary ann spegiel, you have a lovely voice
thank you for your time
(and those that helped)

a splendid effort.

very much appreciated.

thanks. :clap:

(i can't see.....where to post this etc)