'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for lezer (Anna Simon) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
https://librivox.org/max-havelaar-of-de-koffij-veilingen-der-nederlandsche-handel-maatschappij/

Dank je wel voor deze opname, ik heb er erg van Multatuli genoten (en daarop ook zijn huis in Amsterdam bezocht).
All of Anna's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for philchenevert (Phil Chenevert) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello Mr. Chenevert, my name is Selina Gadlin. My sole purpose for this note is to say you dida wonderful job reading, "As a Man Thinketh" (version 4) by James Allen. (https://librivox.org/as-a-man-thinketh-version-4-by-james-allen/). Thank you for taking your time and sharing yourself with others. May the Lord bless and keep you.

Selina

All of Phil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received Stuart (Stuart Bell) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi Stuart,

I want to thank you for your reading chapter 1 of Charles Dickens by Chesterton. You have a very expressive voice. Have you thought of doing any solo projects? Maybe Dorothy Sayers or Sir Charles Grandison?

Thanks again!
dori

All of Stuart's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ChrisMS (Christopher Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Christopher Smith,

I just wanted to let you know how blessed I have been by your recordings of Andrew Murray.
May God bless you and continue to use you mightily.

Greetings from South Bavaria in Germany,
Daniel

All of Christopher's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for johngon (John Gonzalez) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I wanted to say how much I enjoyed John Gonzalez’ reading of the David Copperfield’s “romance” with the “elder Miss Larkins”. It was very entertaining and brought the scenes to life. Many thanks. Elna

All of John's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for kayray (Kara Shallenberg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thanks Kara for your reading of the first chapter of Dracula. I’m healing from a broken leg and listening to you retell this great story is a pleasure.

Sincerely,

Jonathan

All of Kara's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for jglange (Jonathan Lange) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you to Jonathan Lange for the excellent recording of Walther's Law and Gospel. This recording is available at: https://librivox.org/the-proper-distinction-between-law-and-gospel-by-c-f-w-walther/

I listened to your recording while following along in the text, in order to greatly improve my retention of Walther's insights. Your recording has been a great help to me and has strengthened my faith. It is clear and very easy to follow.

Many thanks,
- Peter

All of Jonathan's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Mermaid (Mil Nicholson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thanks so much for the wonderful reading of Our Mutual Friend, which has brightened my winter.

All of Mil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ahab (Stewart Wills) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
To Stewart Wills,

As a sculptor, I listen to LibriVox while at work in my studio. I love long involved literature that keeps my attention.
The first time I listened to the book Moby Dick was on LibriVox four years ago, and the reader was Stewart Wills. I have since listened on three other occasions. My appreciations of this reading is enormous.

I’ve recommended this book and this reading to numerous others who love the story of Moby Dick. Thank you thank you.

It is a perfect reading.

Sincerely,
Ada
Lake Peekskill, NY
All of Stewart's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Newgatenovelist (Newgatenovelist) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
https://librivox.org/short-poetry-collection-200-by-various/

I’d like to thank Newgatenovelist for her reading of this amazing poem. I hadn’t read it before and after hearing it I knew I’d found something special. I mixed her vocals with a Hip-Hop instrumental I made and took out a few words to keep her vocals in the pocket so it seems as though she were rapping the poem. It was pretty fun to make. If she’d like to see it this is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSdmccLn_TM Thank you all for working on such an amazing project in fact.
All of Newgatenovelist's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Elizabby (Beth Thomas) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi Beth,

I just wanted to tell you that I very much appreciate your time and your talents in narrating the Much Ado about Nothing, Anne series and all the other ones I have yet to listen to. You are SO wonderful!

MELINDA

All of Beth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for egi (Enrica Giampierett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding her reading of Canne Al Vento (https://librivox.org/canne-al-vento-by-grazia-deledda/):
Enrica,

Volevo ringraziarla per la lettura di Canne al Vento. Era un romanzo che mia madre mi aveva da sempre consigliato e io non ho mai letto. Grazie alla sua lettura ho scoperto un capolavoro. Mi ha fatto ancge venire una grande voglia di andare a visitare la Sardegna, così come mia madre avrebbe sempre voluto.

Grazie ancora e buona giornata

Pierpaolo (Francia)

All of Enrica's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
egi

Post by egi »

Grazie mille, Pierpaolo!
Sono felicissima di averti fatto conoscere Grazia Deledda e stimolato a visitare la Sardegna. Amo molto sia l'una che l'altra.
Le tue parole mi hanno commosso: avere un feedback per una lettura su Librivox è molto gratificante, anche perché... rarissimo. Finita la lettura non se ne ha più traccia e spesso ho pensato che fosse una fatica inutile, benché piacevole.
Ora non ho più tempo di fare registrazioni (tre nipotine e una mamma anziana riempiono tutte le mie ore) ma ricevere il tuo commento ha compensato questo mio allontanamento forzato.

Ti ringrazio per avere speso qualche minuto per scrivermi.
La tua firma mi incuriosisce: forse sei di origine italiana in Francia...
Buona giornata a te :)
Enrica

P. S. Spero di aver utilizzato un modo corretto per risponderti. Ho anche perso l'abitudine di girare in questi luoghi ;)
Mi potresti dare un semplice riscontro? Non vorrei che questa mia risposta si perdesse nei meandri di Librivox senza esserti consegnata... :D
ahab

Post by ahab »

Dear Ada --

Thank you so much for these very kind words. They are tremendously appreciated, and I am so happy that you have found the reading a good one.

Warmest regards,
Stewart
icequeen wrote: March 6th, 2020, 10:15 pm Praise received for ahab (Stewart Wills) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
To Stewart Wills,

As a sculptor, I listen to LibriVox while at work in my studio. I love long involved literature that keeps my attention.
The first time I listened to the book Moby Dick was on LibriVox four years ago, and the reader was Stewart Wills. I have since listened on three other occasions. My appreciations of this reading is enormous.

I’ve recommended this book and this reading to numerous others who love the story of Moby Dick. Thank you thank you.

It is a perfect reading.

Sincerely,
Ada
Lake Peekskill, NY
All of Stewart's recordings!
Newgatenovelist

Post by Newgatenovelist »

icequeen wrote: March 6th, 2020, 10:18 pm Praise received for Newgatenovelist (Newgatenovelist) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
https://librivox.org/short-poetry-collection-200-by-various/

I’d like to thank Newgatenovelist for her reading of this amazing poem. I hadn’t read it before and after hearing it I knew I’d found something special. I mixed her vocals with a Hip-Hop instrumental I made and took out a few words to keep her vocals in the pocket so it seems as though she were rapping the poem. It was pretty fun to make. If she’d like to see it this is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSdmccLn_TM Thank you all for working on such an amazing project in fact.
All of Newgatenovelist's recordings!
Thank you so much for letting me know. I can't tell you how happy I am that you like the poem - Swinburne is an outstanding writer, and it's wonderful that he keeps being discovered by new artists like you. I loved the new hip-hop version of the poem, and I really hope you keep finding new sources of inspiration for your compositions.

With very best wishes,
Erin