'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Please extend my thanks to reader Karen Savage. I have listened to many of her recordings, especially the “Anne” books, and the Jane Austen classics. She reads clearly, and makes every book seem exciting. She is my favorite Librivox reader. Thanks!
and...
I thank you for your readings. I just finished The Secret Garden and you took me back to my early days. Your voice is so even and calm. Delightful!!!
and...
I would like to thank Karen Savage for the Scarlet Pimpernel! My teacher and classmates loved listening to this audio book and liked the expression and accent she used. Everyone loves this book and it makes it a lot easier when you are listening to an audio book.

All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for mb (mb) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello,

How are you? Just wanted to say that mb is a spectacular narrator. He has instilled in me such love for the Shakespearean characters he portrayed, namely Parolles (All's Well That Ends Well), Proteus (The Two Gentlemen of Verona) and Sir Andrew (Twelfth Night).

He captures Shakespeare's timeless humor and recreates these hilarious characters in such a tremendous way.

Thank you mb!!!

Sincerely,

Elia
All of mb's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gloriana (Elizabeth Klett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I love all your books, especially by Jane Austen and EM Forster. Your British accent is spot on!

From a grateful listener in New Orleans.

All of Elizabeth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Just a quick note to thank you for your reading of Hans Brinker.

Though I am now 67 years old, I enjoyed hearing the story as I'm anticipating a trip to Holland later this month. I had heard the story read to me by my 5th grade teacher, but it must have been an abridged version. I was amazed by the details of history, culture, and geography included in the book. Thinking it was written for children, it was not what I expected!

In any case, your reading was excellent, and I enjoyed the book so very much.

Thanks!

Bud
(Dover, Delaware)
and...

Hi,

I'd like to thank Mark F. Smith for his excellent performance on "Great Expectations" (https://librivox.org/great-expectations-by-charles-dickens/) by Charles Dickens. It has given me many enjoyable, entertaining, and otherwise annoying, car rides to and from work. Thanks Mark!

KR,
Tijme
and..
Dear Mark Smith,

Thank you for your excellent reading of the classic Jules Verne (The Mysterious Island)! I am a junior high school teacher in Calgary Alberta and we dove into this novel. We took turns narrating each of the chapters with other students reading the different characters. Some students struggle so much with smooth reading that your voice and characters were a welcome change. You were an amazing example for them! I cannot tell you how much we enjoyed it. I also listened to the chapters assigned for homework while ironing. Thank you again!

Theresa
All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for mightyfelix (Devorah Allen) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you so much, Devorah Allen, for your beautifully executed recording of Donal Grant. https://librivox.org/donal-grant-by-george-macdonald/ You can’t imagine what pleasure it has brought me to be able to listen to it while going about my household duties. Or maybe you *can* imagine it. You read as one who truly appreciates George MacDonald. (I have frequently had to stop the recording in order to write down beautiful and profound gems scattered throughout the book.) I am so eager to start listening to more of your George MacDonald recordings!

With much gratitude,
Connie

All of Devorah's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ForEmma (J L Raimundo) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding her recording of The Art of Divine Contentment:
Dear Jan

I hope I have your name right, but I suspect I don't. I have found reading Thomas Watson whilst listening to your reading a great help. You read with wonderful clarity and emphasis, which brings his work to life.

Thank you

All of J L's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ezwa (Ezwa) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Merci à Ezwa pour ces lectures de La mare au diable et Les contés de fées de la comtesse de Ségur.
M'ont beaucoup aidé pendant ma convalescence.
Très divertissant. Elle fait très bien les voix.

All of Ezwa's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for philchenevert (Phil Chenevert) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Phil,

As a huge fan of Robert E. Howard, I was delighted to find his Conan books on Librivox. Your unique reading style brings the series to life!

Thank you for keeping my husband Phil and I entertained for many hours. Immense thanks also for bringing comfort and an escape, especially when I was suffering with insomnia and migraines.

Warmly,

All of Phil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for amelita (Amy Conger) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I just wanted to say thank you Librivox and Amy Conger for the wonderful work on The Game of Life and How to Play It. Loved the book and Amy has a really pleasant voice and read the book so wonderfully. I really really enjoyed the whole thing. I've already listened to it several times, and plan to do so regularly from now on. Thanks so much!
and...
Amy Conger's voice sounds like as if the author herself is reading her book.
Thank you Amy.

All of Amy's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kehinde (Nathalie M.) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

This book was hilarious and I probably would not have “read” it, I had not stumbled on the odd title and pressed the audio link….

https://librivox.org/seven-wives-and-seven-prisons-by-la-abbott/

I truly enjoyed the story and the reader. Not being all that familiar with librivox I did not see how or where to thank you (until now) so I did so on goodreads last year after I listened to your reading:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1924054.Seven_Wives_and_Seven_Prisons?ac=1&from_search=true

I’m buried somewhere in there…if you filter for the word kudos you’ll find my kudos to you.

All of Nathalie's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MaryAnnSpiegel (MaryAnn) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear MaryAnn:
I'm so grateful you had the stamina to read all of Elizabeth Gaskell's "North and South." Your voice was perfect, so clear, such lovely enunciation and tone. Your care in creating different voices for the main characters both female and male was amazing and really added to its clarity and my enjoyment. When I have a difficult day I relax before bed with a cup of tea and another chapter. THANK YOU!!!
Barbara in Allentown, Pennsylvania

All of MaryAnn's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for boojumuk (Kevin Green) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Wonderful recording of this adventure, with fine accent work to distinguish between quotations from the explorers’ written accounts.

https://librivox.org/the-worst-journey-in-the-world-vol-2-by-apsley-cherry-garrard/

Thank you!!

--- Emily
All of Kevin's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ozlernau (Omri Lernau) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thanking Omri Lernau for all the books in Hebrew read by him.

Omri: For years now I've been enjoying your reading from the best of classical Hebrew literature. Listening to it has tremendously enriched my life. At last I decided I should express my thanks. Thank you very much for your blessed and noble service to your Hebrew-speaking fellow men and women!

Rebecca

לעומרי: זה שנים שאני נהנית הנאה עצומה מההקשבה לקריאתך ממיטב הספרות העברית הקלאסית. הדבר העשיר את חיי עד בלי די. עכשיו החלטתי שעליי להביע סוף סוף תודה. אלפי תודות לך על שירותך המבורך והאצילי לבני עמך, דוברי השפה העברית. כה לחי!

רבקה

All of Omri's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ForEmma (J L Raimundo) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
J L Raimundo,

I really enjoyed your work on the book, In the Reign of Terror: The Adventures of a Westminster Boy. By G.A Henty.
I liked your reading style.

Thank you.

All of J L's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ExEmGe (Andy Minter) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I see a date range like this reader has passed away. I hope that is not the case. This gentleman is the top hat of the British/English readers. He makes me want to drink tea and eat crumpets. I truly enjoy listening to his reading. Even if the book is not very interesting he makes it come to life.

Sincerely,
Darren

All of Andy's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!