'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ChrisMS (Christopher Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
So grateful to Christopher Smith for his outstanding readings of Andrew Murray's profound works. He clearly has spent untold time and effort making so many of Murray's works available to the public in audio form. (Thank you, Librivox, especially, for making this platform available to all of us.)

Other readers do a fine job with Andrew Murray's writings, but Mr. Smith clearly knows him so well as an author. Thanks to Mr. Smith's depth as a Christian and his talent as a reader, his treatment of Murray's works is superlative. For years, he has been enriching the lives of countless people with his audio renditions of Murray's writings.

Currently am listening to Mr. Smith's reading of Murray's The Master's Indwelling. Could listen to all of Mr. Smith's recordings over and over; actually am doing just that at home and in the car. Mr. Smith's reading of Murray's The Spiritual Life is one of my favorites. Sincere thanks to Mr. Smith for his tremendous sacrifice of his time and talent over the years to bless and edify his fellow Christians.

All of Christopher's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Adrian (Adrian Praetzellis) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson

Read by Adrian Praetzellis

https://librivox.org/treasure-island-by-robert-louis-stevenson-2/

Adrian,

I enjoyed your performance of Treasure Island so much, I almost listened to it straight through. It’s clear how much work you put into it, especially all the different voices. I particularly liked your very Tim Curry-esque Long John Silver. It was a joy to listen to and I will absolutely be checking out your other work! Thank you!

Greg
and...
Dear Mr Praetzellis,

I have just finished listening to your reading of ‘The Wind In The Willows’, by Kenneth Grahame. I found this way of ‘thanking you’ by Googling your name. I was wondering what you looked like? I have found over the years, some actors, voice over people, etc. look just like what they sound like. Then, of course, sometimes, there are times, I regretted doing that. 😉 Ha ha. As for your good self, I have been diverted and am writing to a ‘face-less’ reader. I’ll get back to searching later.

I thought I would share with you my comments on the YouTube page where I listened to your reading.

They are as follows:

Wonderful narration by Adrian Praetzellis. It is amazing how many voices a person has 'in them' to provide each character with a nearly totally different voice to the next character. As one of the other commentators noted, I, too, could listen to the first chapter over and over. It is a lovely, and smart, idea to have the scenery of the river bank as the back drop. Makes you/me remember where I am, or should be, at times, Johnnie Lawson. Lol. Before I listened to the book, I was under the impression that it was more about Mole and Ratty. I had no idea Toad featured in it so heavily. I had seen an animated version on tv ages ago but when you hear the actual book vs kids animated program, it is quite different.

This is the link to the comment above:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwVrKLd61Ys&t=22613s

Being a visual artist, myself, I put all my videos on audio tape and listened to them whilst doing my artwork. Then YouTube came along and now we have accessible audiobooks. I did a whole picture to ‘The Maze Runner’ series of audiobooks, online. I figured that four books at 10.5 hours each, that picture took me FORTY-TWO HOURS, at least!! Personally, I was stunned and that is how I explained the amount of time I took to do the picture, all based on how long those books were.

As for your reading of Wind In The Willows, I lay on the couch, mostly in a dark room, with my laptop looking at, and listening to, the riverbank and trickling water sounds, provided by the video uploader, and imagining the faces of the characters your reading and intonations conjured up in my head. A very much enjoyable exercise. I am glad that they have this system for people to thank the readers. Perhaps, it should be better ‘pointed out’ to the public that there is a system to do this. As I mentioned above, I only found it because I was googling for an image of you.

Well, back to Google. Thank you Adrian. I’ll keep my ears out for other books read by you. I know I saw a list somewhere in my travels.

Regards,

Emma 😊

All of Adrian's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for David Richardson (David Richardson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mr. David Richardson,

Thank you for your excellent work with Kafka's Metamorphosis (LibriVox version 2), which I have been enjoying immensely these last two days. Your reading is flawless, lively, and whimsical. I read the book many years ago as a student in Vienna, and having hear a remarkable discussion about this weekend on another podcast (which you might also enjoy--https://verybadwizards.fireside.fm/169), I was eager to enjoy the whole story again. I was on a long drive and your reading allowed me to do just that.

Thank you very much!

Very cordially,
Krzysztof

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ozlernau (Omri Lernau) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear librivox,

I love listening to Omri Lernau read Sholom Aleichem. Two questions:
1) In what edition of Sholom Aleichem can I find Rebi Dov, in Hebrew or English
2) Do you have any Agnon read in Hebrew, or know where I can find?

Toda rabbah im kol ha lev
Shosh
St. Paul, MN

All of Omri's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for david wales (David Wales) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mr. Wales,

Thank you, once again, for a stellar reading, this time of "A Surgeon in Arms," by Robert James Manion. It is a remarkable book, and I now know much more about WW I.

I thoroughly enjoy your narrations, and look forward to pulling up more.

Thank you for your many hours of work with LibriVox.

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Sue Anderson

Post by Sue Anderson »

icequeen wrote: August 26th, 2019, 7:45 pm Praise received for Sue Anderson (Sue Anderson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I wish to thank Sue Anderson for a gripping reading of "By Ox Team to California." It is a magnificent tale of westward migration. Years ago I read several diaries of women who traveled west, and I believe that this one outshines those. For one thing, the little family has no serious tragedies, and apparently did well after arriving in California. I'm going to see if I can find further biographical information about the author.

I listened to the book while sewing and cooking, thoroughly engrossed. And I will now see what else Sue Anderson has read.

Many thanks.

All of sue's recordings!
Thank you for your kind words! :)

You might enjoy these other books I have recorded:

Army Letters from an Officer's Wife, 1871-1888 by Frances Roe
https://librivox.org/army-letters-from-an-officers-wife-1871-1888-by-frances-m-a-roe/

Boots and Saddles by Elizabeth Custer
https://librivox.org/boots-and-saddles-by-elizabeth-bacon-custer/

Best wishes!
markpenfold

Post by markpenfold »

icequeen wrote: August 19th, 2019, 8:52 pm Praise received for markpenfold (Mark Penfold) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mark,

I hope I’m not doing anything wrong and I am hoping you won’t mind, but I’m a musician and composer and recording my own faith-inspired material and I’ve sampled your voice reading scripture on a couple of my tracks.

You have a fantastic speaking / reading voice – very clear, concise and very expressive. With the recordings being in the public domain I’m assuming / hoping I’m not in breach of any copyright but I will of course credit you and Librivox for the samples and I would be happy to send you a copy of my MP3 album when it’s eventually complete.

The Librivox recordings used were sections of your reading of Psalm 103 from the Farrar Fenton Bible and Revelation chapter 22:17.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Brian

Thank you most kindly, Brian! It's a labor of love, and I would be so delighted to hear your recordings!

If you would like my home address to mail them to, I'd be happy to give it to you by PM!

Be blessed!
Mark

All of Mark's recordings!
m@rk p&nfold
lincoln, ne, usa
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ForEmma (J L Raimundo) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear J.L. Raimundo,
I have now listened to your reading of Thomas Watson's The Art of Divine Contentment several times over the previous year. In the world of the present which is filled to bursting with distractions from the path I feel this book has given me strength I never knew I had to reject external forces and actually know far more contentment than ever before in my tumultuous life. This would not have been possible had it not been for your reading as I live in Japan and English books are very scarce, so it would have hardly found its way to me in print.
I'd like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for this deeply moving and influential reading. It has had a palpable positive effect on a soul once given to manic casting about for the next moment's pleasure from whatever external source. Imagine my relief at the discovery that I've had the realization of contentment in Christ waiting within me all along. Though it is a struggle to maintain, I find that if I go back and listen to this work again I am guided back onto the proper path by disciplining my mind, and the more I do it the more second nature it will eventually become. Ultimately, I believe, the effect of your reading will have benefitted this soul's development in a big way.
Many, many thanks,
- James
Niigata, Japan

All of J L's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Esky (Stephen Escalera) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you for taking the time of reading the whole Wealth of Nations. I really appreciate your effort and I’m grateful that I could “read” it thanks to you. (I would never have done it on paper)

I listen to audiobooks cycling to work and it helps me catch up with the classics.

When I retire, I will try to read too.

Best wishes

All of Stephen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for THynes (Tadhg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I just wanted to send a big “thank you” to “Tadhg” for the superb readings of some great books I’ve enjoyed on Librivox! I started with “David Copperfield” - and I loved his reading of it so much that I started choosing my titles based on his narrations rather than my reading list :). I’ve listened to “Silas Marner”, “Far From the Maddening Crowd”, and “The Return of the Native” so far and intend to carry on with everything he’s narrated as he seems to pick titles that I love. He brings the characters to life, and is so pleasant to listen to! Thank you for volunteering your time and making the classics fun and engaging!

Sincerely,
Beth
and...
Far From the Madding Crowd and
A Pair of Blue Eyes both by Thomas Hardy

Reader Tadhg Hynes

Hi
I would like to express my greatest appreciation to the reader Tadhg Hynes for his beautiful and engaging reading of the two Thomas Hardy books Far From The Madding Crowd and A Pair Of Blue Eyes. I really love your accent, Tadhg, your tone, and expressions suited the two story’s extremely well so much so I didn’t want to stop listening and have been looking for other books you have read.

Of course I love the storys too. And being a woman I really appreciate Thomas Hardy’s expressed concern for the plight of women.

Thank you again,
Alleyne

and...
I want to thank T Hynes for his delightful reading of "Two on a Tower" by Thomas Hardy. His accent added greatly to the enjoyment of this excellent book, which I was unaware of before, but I will certainly look for more books by Hardy and any read by Mr. Hynes.
Thank you so much to Librivox for providing so much elegant pleasure.
Warmest regards,

Susan
Orlando, FL

All of Tadhg's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Gesine (Gesine) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

It is such a pleasure to listen to your reading. I have begun choosing books by your reading them, instead of by categories as before.

All of Gesine's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gloriana (Elizabeth Klett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi, I am a devoted reader but have some issues with keeping my place. Due to this I prefer to have the physical book and an audio version. I decided my junior year of high school to read some more challenging books, not wanting to have to pay a monthly fee. This limited my options to the classics I could find on youtube. The best by far was LibriVox with your wonderful volunteers. Since I made that decision I have read The Scarlett Letter, Ivanhoe, Pride and Prejudice, The Invisible Man by HG Wells, Frankenstein, Wuthering Heights, and, Jane Eyre. My favorite book Is Ivanhoe. Many of the books I read were voiced by Elizabeth Klett I enjoyed how she made the characters jump off the page. I will continue the classics with your free service. Thank you so much.

The Troubled Reader.

and...

So beautiful in everyway, thank you so much for sharing yourself Miss/Mrs Klett

All of Elizabeth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gibhere2 (CJ Plogue) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you so much for such a fine reading of the book Heel of Achilles by Delafield. I have thoroughly enjoyed listening to it. You did a superb job. I listen to many books from Librivox and am very grateful for the people who take the time and effort to read them for our enjoyment. Looking forward to many more books read by you.

Thanks again, Brendabee

All of CJ's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for JUDIMASON (Judi Mason) from our viewtopic.php?p=1628829#p1628829
Thank you so very much for reading the three Pixie books for Librivox. You have done a wonderful job. I was unfamiliar with the author Vaizey until I listened to these books. I loved all 3. I really appreciate your efforts to give pleasure to so many others.

Thanks again, brendabee

All of Judi's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for deongines (deongines) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I want to thank you for Walter Scott's book you published recently. Really, your performance was great. I have discovered this title I didn't know and I can't wait for the next book. BTW, how many are there? And most importantly, when will you publish the next installment? I know that recording is a lot of work, but well, I can't wait for it!
One more time, thank you.
Best regards,
Claire-Marie, from France

All of deongines' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!