'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ChrisMS (Christopher Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I want to thank Christopher, I listen to him reading Andrew Murray every day of my life, and Christopher’s voice is so familiar to me now and so suited to Andrew Murray books I have to remind myself it’s Christopher and not Andrew!

I am very grateful, thank you.

Yanni

All of Christopher's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Cori (Cori Samuel) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Cori,

Thank you so much for your wonderful recordings. We love listening to your voice and greatly appreciate the hours that you have given to serve a bunch of people you don't know. We love how you truly bring stories to life. You are a huge asset to our homeschooling. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Love, Kim and five girls

All of Cori's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Ticktockman (ML Cohen) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
ML Cohen, who read 'The Rime of the Ancient Mariner'
https://librivox.org/long-poems-collection-004/
Message: I thought you performed this well. I liked the depth of emotion you infused into it. It made it very enjoyable.

All of ML's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for CaprishaPage (CaprishaPage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

CaprishaPage, who read 'Casey at the Bat'
https://librivox.org/casey-at-the-bat-by-ernest-lawrence-thayer/
Message: I like the feeling you put into this reading. It was easy to feel I was in the crowd watching events unfold.

All of CaprishaPage's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
CaprishaPage

Post by CaprishaPage »

Thank you so much for your kind words! I really appreciate hearing from you! I hope you have lovely day! You certainly made mine a wonderful one.

—Caprisha
Caprisha

I am half agony, half hope. -Jane Austen
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

CaprishaPage wrote: January 16th, 2018, 8:24 am Thank you so much for your kind words! I really appreciate hearing from you! I hope you have lovely day! You certainly made mine a wonderful one.

—Caprisha

I passed this on for you!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for philchenevert (Phil Chenevert) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I really enjoy Phil's reading of Sci-Fi books and is possibly the ONLY reader that doesn't make women sound like ultra breathy overdone "femme fatales". The Frank Herbert collection was great. Phil really brings out the humor in those stories.

THANK YOU PHIL!

Lyz

All of Phil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for tovarisch (tovarisch) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his recording of The Torrents of Spring:

A BIG thank you to the reader, Tovarisch!!! Wonderful voice.
Great story. Every chapter I wondered what would happen.
I’m looking forward to listening to more of his readings.
Thank you (Mr.) Tovarisch for volunteering, and to all the staff at LibriVox. I’ve learned so much, and been entertained many, many hours, by listening.
Sincerely, Lynn

All of tovarisch's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for tux753 (Tux) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Tux,
Muchísimas gracias por el espléndido trabajo de lectura de los Episodios Nacionales. He completado la primera serie y estoy por afrontar las siguientes.
Enorme esfuerzo de excelente calidad, desde Trafalgar.
Gracias y adelante
Apollyuon

All of Tux's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ppcunningham (Patti Cunningham) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Patti,

I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to make the recordings. I listened to “The Joss, A Reversions” and also Tom Ossington’s Ghost and I enjoyed them very much. You read very well and capture the characters moods and feelings so very well. I hope to enjoy other books read by you in the future.

Many thanks for all your time and work,

Michael

All of Patti's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for sjmarky (Mark Nelson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I just wanted to add my praise and gratitude to those of your many listeners. I'm sure I've listened to all your solo ventures and look forward to any new ones.

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for THynes (Tadhg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you Tadhg for doing a Librivox recording. You stand out head and shoulders in characterization, rhythm and pronunciation.

and...
I was delighted to discover that you were the reader for Far from the madding crowd because your reading of David Copperfield gave me such pleasure. Now in my eighties I am re reading (listening) books I first read over 60 years ago.

Thank you

Raymond

All of Tadhg's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Cleogirl (Cate Barratt) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you so much for your amazing readings (especially the Lupin stories). I'm sure I am not alone is wishing for more solo efforts from you.

All of Cate's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Expatriate (Expatriate) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you, Expatriate, for reading Jenny for Librivox. I wish all of Sigdrid Undset's works were in the public domain; thank you for going to the trouble of seeking out and Librivoxing one that is. Your reading was a masterful delivery this humbly sublime book.

I am a housewife who gets through her chores by listening. Thanks again. Rebekah

All of Expatriate's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Helsbelles (Helen Taylor) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Ms Taylor,

Your magnificent reading of Vanity Fair is nothing short of heroic! My wife and I listened for nearly a month, savoring every moment. We loved the way you modulated your tone and changed your accent to reflect the sense and sensibility, the education and origin, the mood, foibles and fantasies of each character, without ever overdoing it. Your sensitivity and ear are exquisite. Thank you a thousand times. We can't wait to listen to another of the books you have read.

I have made a small donation to Archive.org and only wish I could give much more.

With all best wishes for 2018 and beyond,

David

All of Helen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!