'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MrsHand (KHand) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Kay

This is to thank you for the stirling job you did in reading the fantastic series of lectures by John Lord, "Beacon lights of history". As you would be well aware there are currently 11 volumes and each has 20-22 lectures of 45 to 50 min each. This represent many hours of beautifully read, easy to follow lectures and the whole effort, content and reading is a marvelous asset to anyone who can understand English.

Thank you again.

Doug

Stellenbosch, South Africa

All of KHand's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for chocoholic (Laurie Anne Walden) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello-

I want to tell you I love the way you read. I’ve listened, many times to your solo reading of the Riders of the Purple Sage, A Diary from Dixie, Hound of the Baskervilles, A Study in Scarlet, The US Constitution and Amendments, and other works. Your tone, your tempo, your expressiveness, your clarity, your enunciation are absolutely wonderful!

Thank you a thousand times Laurie Anne Walden! I wish you well.

-steve

All of Laurie Anne's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MaryAnnSpiegel (MaryAnn) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi Mary Ann,

Thank you for reading The Lady from Nowhere, by Fergus Hume. I had a lot of cleaning to do and this kept me at my task! I am looking for others you have read!

Thank you for the time you spent on my behalf:)
Carole
and...

Hello MaryAnn,

I just finished listening to Elizabeth C. Gaskell's North and South that your read. Your beautiful soft reading voice brought the story and the characters alive. What fun I had listening to it. Thank you for reading it!

- Ellie

All of MaryAnn's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kisten Wever (Kirsten Wever) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
The Belton Estate was a first class effort. An American and a non-professional did a delightful job with this subtle and clever book. Thanks!
Jim
Hilo, HI

All of Kirsten's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for carolpelster (Carol Pelster) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding her recording of Ruggles of Red Gap:
A very big thank you to Carol Pelster for reading the wonderful book!
I appreciate all your work and work of all others to make listening possible.
Thank you,
A very happy listener. Lynn

All of Carol's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Tuva

Post by Tuva »

Just a few words to express my gratitude to Adrian Praetzellis for all his readings. In these days I can't stop listening to my favourite (yes, I've found my own favourite) "Yiddish tales" again and again: some tales make me smile, other make me sad but they all make me think and learn. I've also listened to Siddharta and have just started The king of Schnorrers. Can't wait to listen more of your readings
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for alg1001 (Amy Gramour) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Please thank Amy Gramour for her excellent reading of the Wendigo by Algernon Blackwood.

It was really clear and un-forced, and at a nice pace. It made the scary bits of the story have a big impact.

I'd read this short story years ago and never really got as much out of it until I listened to this reading.

Thanks Amy,

Paul

All of Amy's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ThistleRose (Maria Falin) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
The Highwayman“ by Alfred Noyes, read by Maria Falin

What a wonderful rendition!

Thank you

Bernhard, a listener from Germany

All of Maria's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for thadine (Joy Chan) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Just a note to thank you for volunteering to read “Mysticism: … “ by Evelyn Underhill. I truly enjoyed your reading.

Thank you very much.

Luis

All of Joy's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gibhere2 (CJ Plogue) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
CJ Plogue, thank you for your reading of The Book Of Enoch. It was very clear and your voice pleasant to hear. Thankfully, Cheryl

All of CJ's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Hawden (Alan Chant) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I have truly enjoyed your reading of “No Thoroughfare” by Charles Dickens. Love your accent and dramatic reading.

Dj

All of Alan's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Cori (Cori Samuel) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you so much for this beautiful rendition of Frankenstein. You made me fall in love with the book again.

I wish you all the best.

Randall
and...

I've listened to multiple readings of yours including War of the Worlds and Frankenstein, and the quality is always superb. When there are multiple versions of a book uploaded I actively check to see if you've recorded it as well. I lack the jargon necessary to fully compliment you but your sound is so consistent and warm.

Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful gift and brightening my days,

Griffin

All of Cori's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Riccardo (Riccardo Fasol) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Buongiorno,

sto ascoltando l'audiolibro "Il fu Mattia Pascal" di Luigi Pirandello.
Vorrei fare i miei complimenti e ringraziamenti al lettore Riccardo Fasol per come ha saputo interpretare questo libro. Per me è stata la prima esperienza con un audiolibro e non mi aspettavo una tale professionalità da parte di persone volontarie. La corretta dizione, la superba interpretazione dei personaggi, la giusta enfasi, mi hanno permesso di entrare nel vivo del romanzo quasi lo stessi leggendo io stesso.
Davvero complimenti a Riccardo per il grosso lavoro svolto. Ho visto che ha letto anche molte altre opere che sicuramente ascolterò.
Bravissimo e grazie!

Andrea

All of Riccardo's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for BookAngel7 (BookAngel7) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I would like to thank BookAngel 7 for her recording of 'The Browns at Mt. Hermon' by Pansy

Thank you for your wonderful recording of this book! I had never heard of this story and had no idea what to expect, but something about the title caught my interest. You're reading style kept me engaged even as I carried out some rather boring and time consuming tasks in the background. I loved the way you used your intonation and took on the voice and style of each character. It made for a very enjoyable weekend and encouraged me to get back into audio books.

Best,

Emma
and...
I have just finished llstening to this book (Bilihild). I enjoyed it very much. I liked the dramatization. I liked the educational content. As a Christian I found the story inspiring. The voice of the reader is pleasant and likeable.

D
All of BookAngel7's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for rkeiper (Robert Keiper) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I especially like the reading of Mr. Robert Keiper. He's very clear and pleasant to listen to. I hope he does more westerns. John

All of Robert's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!