'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
mongope

Post by mongope »

icequeen wrote: June 5th, 2021, 7:41 pm Praise received for mongope (Mongope) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Muchas gracias por la excelente narración del libro de referencia .La advertencia sobre lenguaje ofensivo es doblemente innecesaria , primero porque no suelo usarlo y segundo porque el trabajo ha sido impecable.

Un cordial saludo desde Argentina .

All of Mongope's recordings!
Muchas gracias a ti, Anne :D
Montse
mongope

Post by mongope »

mongope wrote: June 8th, 2021, 1:17 pm
icequeen wrote: June 5th, 2021, 7:41 pm Praise received for mongope (Mongope) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Muchas gracias por la excelente narración del libro de referencia .La advertencia sobre lenguaje ofensivo es doblemente innecesaria , primero porque no suelo usarlo y segundo porque el trabajo ha sido impecable.

Un cordial saludo desde Argentina .

All of Mongope's recordings!
Muchas gracias a ti, Ann :D
Montse
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Expatriate (Expatriate) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Don Quixote, read by Expatriate

https://librivox.org/don-quixote-vol-2-ormsby-translation-by-miguel-de-cervantes-saavedra/

Many thanks to Expatriate for recording his reading of Don Quixote. I never managed to read it before, but listening to it while commuting and doing the weekend chores gave me a fantastic understanding of the novel.

Many, many thanks

Alan

All of Expatriate's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for thomhaire (Tom Haire) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I really enjoyed listening to The Island of Doctor Moreau. The reader, Tom Haire, did a professional job.

Thank you Tom,

John

All of Tom's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for NKWhitley (Nick Whitley) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his recording of Puck of Pook's Hill:
Please pass on to Nick Whitley my deep thanks and appreciation for his wonderful rendition of my favorite childhood book. What a talent! What sensibility! And what a gift from Nick and Librivox in bringing this wonderful story to life! Thank you! Thank you!

All of Nick's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for tfaulder (Tori Faulder) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Tori Faulder,

Just a note of thanks for your great reading on all three Horatio
Alger, Jr. books.

An ineffective reader reads words and the listener just hears someone
reading words.

A great reader tells a story and the listener hears someone telling a
story, who just happens to be reading words. You are a great reader and storyteller -

Thanks !

All of Tori's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for tmendoza44 (Terra Mendoza) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Terra Mendoza,

Yesterday I finished listening to your recording of The Black Moth by
Georgette Heyer. I had read the book before many years ago but I did not
enjoy it half as much as then as I did listening to your recording. The
different voices you used as well as the accents were just wonderful and
I wanted to take the time to send you a very big thank you.
It‘s been ten years since you read the book and I could not find out
whether you also record books professionally - but if you ever consider
recording another book, please do! It‘s been a pleasure!

Greetings from Bamberg, Germany.

Kind Regards,
Daniela

All of Terra's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for iBeScotty (Scotty Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Book: Musings of a Chinese Mystic: Selections from the philosophy of Chuang Tzu
https://librivox.org/musings-of-a-chinese-mystic-by-lionel-giles/

I'm Taoist, and the Zhuangzi text means a lot to me. I listened through these recordings very many times while at work a few years ago, and still do today.

It's not just that yours is a great performance in general, which it absolutely is, but the way you read it that sticks with me. The tones of voice create an atmosphere so fitting for the work; calm and light, open and inquisitive, peaceful yet melancholy. They all capture a real sense of wonder, marvel and longing, often simultaneously. The voicing of the characters gives them all charm, spirit and distinction, even though it's so gently performed. The voices are all inseparable from the characters themselves for me at this point; those are the voices of Zhuangzi, Confucius, and Prince Hui's cook, and it's wonderful to hear them.

Thanks for bringing this work to life. This will always be my favorite rendition of the Zhuangzi.

-Ria

All of Scotty's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for kayray (Kara Shallenberg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
A most pleasing and calming voice to sooth the soul in these trouble laced times. THANK YOU LIBRIVOX and KAYRAY.
and...
I am thanking Kara Shallenberg for her work recording The Great Gatsby: https://librivox.org/the-great-gatsby-by-f-scott-fitzgerald/

Thank you so much for your excellent recording of this book! It is the first time I have experienced it and your narration allowed me to be easily transported into the world. All the voices you put on for the characters were mesmerizing! I appreciate your work very much!

Sincerely,
A High School Senior,
Louis

All of Kara's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MamaGeek (Celine Major) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Very much enjoy her reading style and tempo as well as her selection of readings.

Please continue!

Regards,

B.

All of Celine's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Bernard (Bernard) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Monsieur Bernard, many thanks for your brilliant reading of Marcel Proust’s A l’ombre des jeunes filles en fleurs. I listened 5 times to the whole thanking Proust and you at every page. I only pray that Monsieur Bernard will read the rest of the books of A la recherches du temps perdu of Proust on Librivox!! Salutations cordiales, Tom

All of Bernard's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ArthurKrolman (Arthur Krolman) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mr. Krolman,

I wanted to thank you for recording ‘The Adventures of Roderick Random’. I am an American with Scottish ancestry, and am so grateful to you for recording this. Smollett is almost forgotten, and having a beautiful audio production is the first step to bringing him to greater attention. He was a genius, and an audio production makes him just that much more accessible. Your recording was really a joy to listen to, so thank you!

David

All of Arthur's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for knotyouraveragejo (J. M. Smallheer) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you so much for the three Old Man in the Corner audiobooks. It's been a couple years since I listened to the first, and I've just finished Unravelled Knots. You read well, and it's a pleasure to have the same voice on all three. I am particularly pleased that you completed the series. Thank you so much! And thanks for continuing to read for Librivox!

All of J. M.'s recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bgdavid (David Clarke) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello! I just have finished "The Count of Montecristo" readed by David Clarke. Who I would like to thank for that beautiful version of Dumas' classic!. Excellent job David! I'm from Tandil, Argentina and I already have read The Count of Montecristo in spanish and your version was perfect!

https://librivox.org/the-count-of-monte-cristo-version-3-by-alexandre-dumas/

Thank you very much! Kind regards

Omar

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I would simply like to thank you so much for your amazing work on Anne of Green Gables (https://librivox.org/anne-of-green-gables-by-lucy-maud-montgomery-3/). It alone sparkled a newfound love for audiobooks, which I had never managed to get into until now. I can never imagine Anne to speak with anything but the fresh, sparkling voice you gave her and I found myself crying at the end. You brought her personality and imagination to life.

Thank you again.

and...
I'm writing regarding the excellent work Karen Savage did in reading Jane Austen's "Persuasion."
https://librivox.org/persuasion-by-jane-austen-4/

I've read the novel several times & know how much English has changed in the 200 years since it was written. Karen Savage did an excellent job of reading it in such a way that the older English still felt current. She also provided the proper emotion in the dialogue, making the story come alive. I appreciated her work so much, I've downloaded other books she's read for LibriVox, including Austen's "Pride & Prejudice" and "Sense & Sensibility"; I'm nearly to the end of the latter and again, Karen Savage has done an outstanding job!

Sincerely,
Michele
All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!