'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for johng (John Greenman) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Mr. John Greenman,

Thank you for narrating The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn! I really like how you changed your voice with every character, and how you put emotion in the book. It was so hard for me to read, it was incredible how you could read it without even messing up. It was very funny and entertaining when you read it too! Thank you so much, now I can't wait for more!

Thank you for your hard work,
Brianna
8th Grade Homeschooler

https://librivox.org/adventures-of-huckleberry-finn-by-mark-twain/

and, regarding his reading of Roughing It
Great job. It made a long car trip enjoyable.

All of John's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Cori (Cori Samuel) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I absolutely loved the reading of “The Wood beyond the World “ by William Morris read by Cori Samuel. She has a beautiful voice and style of reading that I really enjoyed. I would love to hear other books read by her but haven’t been successful in finding them on the Libravox website. Any information that you could provide would be appreciated.

Thank you<

All of Cori's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Jc (Jc Guan) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Je suis vraiment très étonné avec votre travail dans les trois mousquetaires. Vraiment jolie. Vous avez une voix merveilleuse pour raconter des histoires. Une excellente tonalité théâtral et j'ai aimée que vous chantez. Vraiment le meilleur audio livre que j'ai jamais écouté. Un gross Merci.

To reader. GC Guan
Book. Les trois mousquetaires Alexandre Dumas

All of Jc's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Jeannie (Jeannie) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Jeannie,

It’s with great pleasure that I thank you for your wonderful recorded reading of The Country Doctor by Sarah Orne Jewett. It really was perfection. Your rich voice is interesting but never distracting. Your performance reflected careful, thorough preparation because it was such a subtle reading. I hope you enjoyed making the recording. You have mastered a lost art! I have been ill, the world has been insane and the story brought me no end of comfort.

Gratefully,
Cecilia

All of Jeannie's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Mermaid (Mil Nicholson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thanks to Mil Nicholson…
I am currently listening to The Old Curiosity Shop reading and am blown away by Mil’s talent. I’m not sure if I could do much justice as a reader myself and am doubly humbled by Ms. Nicholson’s voices and characterizations. I have seen kudos posted on YouTube calling her the “Queen” and absolutely agree with the title. She rocks!

All of Mil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for dii (Diana Majlinger) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thanks to Diana Majlinger for her work in recording:The Science of Being Great by Wallace Wattles, i really appreciate the effort you have put into this recording:) Tim

All of Diana's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for John Lieder (John Lieder) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Mr. Lieder,

My children and I have very much enjoyed your renditions of Thornton Burgess nature stories. You read with wonderful expression and pacing. Thank you so much for taking the time to record and upload so many stories. We most recently listed to The Adventures of Bob White.

https://librivox.org/the-adventures-of-bob-white-by-thornton-w-burgess/

We homeschool some of our children. Last year only my youngest 7 year old daughter was at home and listened to many hours of your reading. This year my 9 year old son is also home. With only the two of them homeschooling, one of my goals is for them to form good memories together. My son is very close to my oldest daughter but not as much the younger. I put on the Bob White story yesterday for my daughter, hoping my son wouldn’t be too annoyed by it, and today my son was asking if we could keep listening to the stories about the animals! It was a gift to find one more thing they can enjoy together.

If you ever feel inclined to record more Burgess stories, we would be delighted to listen to them.

Thank you again.

Gratefully,

Carol, Marie & Miles

All of John's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bscottholmes (bscottholmes) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

My husband and I just finished listening to your narration of "Innocents Abroad" - bscotthomes . My spouse had a major stroke several years ago and is unable to read now, which he missed sorely before we discovered librivox. This rendition of Twain's work was so enjoyable and Chris often asked me to 'stay up' to play just one more chapter. Just wanted you to know you have touched the life of another and made it that much better! Thank you.

Jackie

All of bscottholmes' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MARTIN GEESON (Martin Geeson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Martin,
Thank you for your more than excellent reading of "The Idiot" by Dostoyevsky.
Good audiobooks are hard to find, yours is fantastic and I will be looking for more of your readings.
A well read audiobook is, in my humble opinion, an art and truly great contribution to humanity's cultural heritage!
Thanks again and all the best,
with regards from Vienna,
Isis-Sybille

All of Martin's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for thadine (Joy Chan) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Joy,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to read Pilgrim’s Progress! I am a high school language arts teacher, and many of my students struggled to read the book themselves. After I found LibriVox, we used your reading to help those students who were struggling to comprehend the text because of the old English and the challenges it presented as they stumbled over the words. The kids listened to you read as they followed along in their books, and it was a tremendous help! The students and I love your accent too! Thanks so much for giving your time to help others understand this very rich classic novel!

Blessings,
Marie

All of Joy's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Peter Why (Peter Yearsley) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Peter,

I have just finished listening to your narration of "The Song of Hiawatha" by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
https://librivox.org/the-song-of-hiawatha-by-henry-wadsworth-longfellow/

Your understated delivery, cadence, and pacing are perfect. This epic poem, often parodied, deserves the sensitive rendition you give. Thank you.

All of Peter's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsy girl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I would like to thank Karen Savage for reading Jane Austen books.
Thank you for the perfect delivery of it all. My most favorite is Persuasion.

All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for FNH (FNH) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
FNH is an awesome reader. Please consider re reading the Cleek of Scotland Yard novels, or any of the golden age of detective novels. I could listen to him for hours and hours. Perfect reader!!! Thank you, Tony

All of FNH's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
audiobooksunleashed

Post by audiobooksunleashed »

I sometimes get comments on youtube praising readers but never thought to share them here. However, this one was so nice I felt compelled to forward it to the reader RuthieG (Ruth Golding). Is there any way to forward it to her? It's for her rendition of Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë.

Bertrand Ruskin wrote:
"Thank you. Thank you for putting in the effort to produce this. Extremely well read. Matching the high standard set by the authoress herself. As an Englishman, it is good to hear this wonderful book read by a woman, whose pleasant English accent, and more than competent ability, lets me now hear it in something nearer to Emily Bronte's own voice, as I can imagine it. Again, I know it took effort and time to produce it, and I can only say again, thank you."
All of Ruth Golding's recordings!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

I passed it on to Ruth, thank you for posting the thank you note! Feel free to post them here and I will make sure the reader knows about it!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!