'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Shalott (Eva Staes) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Eva Staes's reading of The King In Yellow is the best reading of a text I have ever heard. Chambers' collection of stories in The King In Yellow are intriguing and unsettling, but Staes' reading emits mesmerizing power as if directly from the King In Yellow, the living god.

All of Eva's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gloriana (Elizabeth Klett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you for your beautiful reading of my all-time favourite book, Jane Eyre
https://librivox.org/jane-eyre-version-3-by-charlotte-bronte/

from Judy with affection

All of Elizabeth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for CliveCatterall (Clive Catterall) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I’ve listened to Sir Nigel and to The White company recordings twice now, in the course of a few years.

Very well paced, nicely read : all in all excellent reading, Clive Catterall, and I look forwards to discovering more of your reading.
If ever you happen to decide to read The Lost World, I’l listen to that too.

Al the best, James

All of Clive's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for simonevers (Simon Evers) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Just a quick note of thanks to Mr. Simon Evers for the excellent reading of The Nebuly Coat. Your voice keeps me well engaged in the story and I’ve discovered both a new author of interest for me, John Meade Falkner, and a new favorite voice to listen to: yours! I intend to listen to all your readings, over time. You are the perfect walking companion for my daily 90 minute hike on the nearby wooded hiking trails (I’m in Oakland, California, USA). THANK YOU!

https://librivox.org/the-nebuly-coat-by-john-meade-falkner/

All of Simon's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
dlslider

Post by dlslider »

You're welcome, Ann!
icequeen wrote: August 17th, 2021, 8:43 pm Praise received for dlslider (Darren L. Slider) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
To Darren Slider:

Many thanks for your work on Bible (KJV) 01-03. Your measured reading is very easy to follow and understand. Your pronunciation of unusual Biblical names seems (to me at least) to be spot on. I am sorry to see you do not read Numbers and Deuteronomy.

Again, profound thanks.

All of Darren's recordings!
Darren L. Slider
Logos Virtual Library
http://www.logoslibrary.org
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Karen

As audio Book newbies Pauline and I wanted a story to enjoy on a country road trip that we make once a month through the tall Karri forests south of Manjimup here in Western Australia. I needed something to keep me wide awake on the long and winding drive.

I happened across (as if by some form of Magic ?! ) your version of the Secret Garden. Oh my what a wonderful time we are having with your gorgeous performances. The sweet intertwining of talent between you and the author have kept us smiling and oohing and aahhhing over and over and over. In this new digital lifestyle it has been a delight to find something we love to do together

And we both try to play with that broad Yorkshire tongue you do so easily - but we can't even begin. Yet you swim in and out of accents and narrating and all of the incredible things your voice and talents do ... so that we are naturally right there with the whole cast of characters. The film pails into nothing by comparison to hearing the book read so well.

I know you make your living with this wonderful talent. Thank you so much for voluntarily giving so very generously to the Librivox Library. You have blessed so many of us (we will be listening to you a great deal more).

I know from reading just a little around the net, how highly you are regarded.

Thank you again Karen

Ron and Pauline xxx
Western Australia
and...
Please pass along my appreciation to Karen Savage. I have enjoyed her reading of the Jane Austen books. I can sense the character of the characters by the voices she gives them. Miss Crawford in Mansfield Park is my favorite. It’s wonderful to hear her readings.

Thank you for this service,

Barbara

All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for usaeagle (Jonathan Burchard) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I recently listened to your reading of Seventeen. It was wonderful. Thank You.

All of Jonathan's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for tovarisch (tovarisch) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
You are a genius story-teller
Torrents of Spring and Sportsman Notebook

Thank you
Wasfi

All of tovarisch's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for philchenevert (Phil Chenevert) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
A thank you to Phil Chenevert for The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (version 2) and other L. Frank Baum recordings.

Dear Mr. Chenevert,

I wanted to thank you for your wonderful recordings of the Oz books! My children, 4, 2, and 1, listen to your recordings often. My oldest, Miles, listens almost every day and plays Oz, and picks up some awesome phrases along the way. Heard around my house : "I heard a curious noise!" and "Naan for dinner? Oh, joy! Oh, joy!"

Your recordings feel almost as personal as a read-aloud with mom or dad. They are always a delight. My husband says, "Phil Chenevert is welcome for dinner any time he wants." 😅

Thanks very much for the time you took to share these stories.

-Gabby

All of Phil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for NoelBadrian (Noel Badrian) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mr. Badrian,

Thank you so much for taking the time to do the wonderful recording of Jacob Faithful by Capt. Marryat. It was such good company for me.

Bless your heart,

C in NY

All of NoelBadrian's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bish (bish) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Very many thanks for your excellent reading of chapter one of Bulldog Drummond. You caught the atmosphere perfectly!

Stay Separate, Stay Safe, Stay Sane

LLAP

\\//

Stephanie

All of bish's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Shepherd (Matthew Shepherd) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi

In regards to you recording of the Charles Fort book I would like to congratulate you on what a wonderful job Matthew Shepherd did in his reading. Very pleasant and well done.

Thank you.

All of Matthew's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for thadine (Joy Chan) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
THANK YOU JOY CHAN FOR ALL THESE YEARS. (2011 I AWOKE)

I AM AN HEBREW ISRAELITE AND HER VOICE WAS VERY SOOTHING WHILE I WAS LEARNING THE SCRIPTURE.

THANK YOU FROM YAHSARAREL

OF TRIBE OF JUDAH,

2021`, CHARLESTON, S.C

SHALOM MS. CHAN!!

All of Joy's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for LizMourant (LizMourant) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi,

I'd like to thank Liz Mourant for the excellent, passionate but restraint reading of "Goblin Market" in "Short Poetry Collection 095" – https://librivox.org/short-poetry-collection-095-by-various/

Thanks,
Chris

All of LizMourant's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bgdavid (David Clarke) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello David,

I just wanted to say a massive thanks for your reading of The Count of Monte Cristo. I loved every minute of it and was sad it ended. Your reading grabbed me from the get go and the voices and accents were just perfect. Five star!
I hope you will present us with more gems read by you. Thank you!

Kind regards,
Margarida

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!